2015-2016 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 05:07 PM)
I can't see anyone giving up a 3rd for Forte. No knock on Matt but giving up a 3rd for a rb on an expiring contract isn't something I see a team doing.

For a 30 year old RB in a league where RB's are increasingly interchangeable.

The colts already made one disastrous RB trade in recent history, no way do they make that mistake again.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 05:07 PM)
I can't see anyone giving up a 3rd for Forte. No knock on Matt but giving up a 3rd for a rb on an expiring contract isn't something I see a team doing.

I could see Dallas or Indy doing that deal.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 05:16 PM)
For a 30 year old RB in a league where RB's are increasingly interchangeable.

The colts already made one disastrous RB trade in recent history, no way do they make that mistake again.

Giving a 3rd or 4th for a great RB would not be disastrous. Giving up a 1st for an unproven RB was disastrous.

They were talking about this game on the radio and asking callers when the last time fans were this confident the team had zero chance to win. For me it was absolutely 2 seasons ago against GB with Josh McCown where we actually ended up winning due to Rodgers injury but it just goes to show anything can happen. That said, I think they will lose handily, but I dont think Seattle has the offense to make this as bad as some of the bludgeoning we took last year. Unless of course they just abuse the fact we have absolutely nobody to cover Jimmy Graham, but they dont seem to want to do that.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 12:50 PM)
I'm guessing the Seahawks will win 45 to 7, with the Bears only touchdown coming in garbage time in the 4th quarter.

This game will be ugly.

See I think it will be ugly but I don't think Seattle will run roughshod over them. I think their offense will continue to look terrible, but they may still beat us 28-7/28-3 based off of our terrible offense.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 12:51 PM)
See I think it will be ugly but I don't think Seattle will run roughshod over them. I think their offense will continue to look terrible, but they may still beat us 28-7/28-3 based off of our terrible offense.

The Bears are out picking their switch right now, because Seattle is about to beat their asses.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 12:59 PM)
Since trading for Jay Cutler, the Bears have won one game (1-13 overall) when he has been out as a starter. Jimmy Claussen is 1-10 as a NFL starter. Jimmy Clausen's one win as an NFL starter was with Carolina, against the Bears.

I don't love Jay Cutler, but there's no question he's the Bears' quarterback.

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 12:59 PM)
Since trading for Jay Cutler, the Bears have won one game (1-13 overall) when he has been out as a starter. Jimmy Claussen is 1-10 as a NFL starter. Jimmy Clausen's one win as an NFL starter was with Carolina, against the Bears.

What about the Josh McCown hot streak? Did they lose all those games?