2015-2016 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 27, 2015 -> 05:28 PM)
Will Fournette be in the draft? Or does he have to stay one more year?

I wouldn't draft him. Way bigger needs than a RB.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 27, 2015 -> 05:57 PM)
Lol jarvis jenkins

He's had a really good game other than that missed sack.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 27, 2015 -> 06:36 PM)
Top draft picks will be so beneficial for this franchise. I like their past draft this year. We'll see what Pace does after we conclude this dreadful season.

What have you seen from any of them? Their 1st rounder is going to miss the year, their 2nd rounder has done nothing, the 3rd and 6th rounders have been inactive for all 3 games, their 4th rounder got no snaps today and their 5th rounder looks like he could play *a little.*

I know they need time but I'm not going to say I like anything about the draft. If they need draft picks, you trade Forte now. You also look in the mirror and figure out if Martellus and Alshon are on this team in 2017, because if the answer is no, trade them as well.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Sep 27, 2015 -> 06:58 PM)
What have you seen from any of them? Their 1st rounder is going to miss the year, their 2nd rounder has done nothing, the 3rd and 6th rounders have been inactive for all 3 games, their 4th rounder got no snaps today and their 5th rounder looks like he could play *a little.*

I know they need time but I'm not going to say I like anything about the draft. If they need draft picks, you trade Forte now. You also look in the mirror and figure out if Martellus and Alshon are on this team in 2017, because if the answer is no, trade them as well.

You can't judge a draft in the first season, much less the first three games. I would love to see them all come in and be starters out of the gate but it just isn't realistic.

I doubt Alshon or Martellus are traded, the NFL just doesn't do that no matter how much it makes sense. If either were to be traded it would have been around draft time

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 27, 2015 -> 08:06 PM)
You can't judge a draft in the first season, much less the first three games. I would love to see them all come in and be starters out of the gate but it just isn't realistic.

Plus Pace was also doing this without hiring all his guys yet and had to evaluate on the fly. Give him an offseason to keep cutting all the fat (scouts) from the old regime then you can have your say. You are fooling yourself if you thought this was gonna be a 1-2 year rebuild.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 27, 2015 -> 08:16 PM)
Plus Pace was also doing this without hiring all his guys yet and had to evaluate on the fly. Give him an offseason to keep cutting all the fat (scouts) from the old regime then you can have your say. You are fooling yourself if you thought this was gonna be a 1-2 year rebuild.

No, I know it'll be 3-4 years. I just wish 2 of the picks had more than 0 minutes of playing time in 3 games, one wasn't out for the year, one didn't only have a handful of touches in 3 games and the other about to get only a few snaps a game with Ratliff coming back.

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Sep 27, 2015 -> 08:50 PM)
No, I know it'll be 3-4 years. I just wish 2 of the picks had more than 0 minutes of playing time in 3 games, one wasn't out for the year, one didn't only have a handful of touches in 3 games and the other about to get only a few snaps a game with Ratliff coming back.

With Sutton out for the year, Goldman will still get plenty of reps. The OT Fabulouso or whatever was a late round flyer project. Not sure what's going on with Grasu but I still expect him to be the starting center of the future. Langford looks to be a solid back, no clue why they didn't give him any carries but I'm not really worried about it. Amos hasn't looked dreadful either.

I think it's far to early to judge.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 05:17 AM)
Why? I get the feeling that Forte wants to go.

What would everyone use the #1 on? and don't say Cook or Hackenberg. Gag

Somewhat tough to say after 3 games. Losing Sutton sucks because he looked like he might be able to be a penetrating force that would lessen the need of a guy like Bosa or Nkemdiche. Jenkins has looked good as well and could be a candidate to return. He has had a history of being not very good so time will tell.....Not sure either of those guys or Ego can be that Justin Smith type guy in Fangio's D. I think Ego is more of Ray McDonald run stuffing type guy. Is Ego-Goldman-Jenkins with Sutton rotating in good enough to pass on Bosa/Nkemdiche?

I'm a Cutler supporter, but he's also gonna be 33 next year. That 33 year old body has taken a ton of hits as well. You hope they aren't in a top 5 position again the following season, so you have to consider Goff. That said I would have a tough time not going defense.

How often do CBs go top 5? Without looking it seems rare to me, but I like what I've seen/read on Hargreaves. Maybe trade back a few slots for him?

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 27, 2015 -> 05:59 PM)
Do the Bears really have 10 keepers on the 53 man roster? I do not think so.

No. This is why they keep Cutler for at least another season. Their holes are so big, they really can't afford to waste a pick next year on a quarterback. They look so bad, you're looking at two consecutive top 10 picks going forward. Maybe this season in the second round there will be a player worth grabbing at QB, but if you consider the next two drafts as one big one, you're looking at Quarterback way down the list of priorities.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 05:17 AM)
Why? I get the feeling that Forte wants to go.

What would everyone use the #1 on? and don't say Cook or Hackenberg. Gag

Why? Because there's 1) not an RB worth taking at #1 and 2) this is a passing league. I would take an OT, S,, CB or QB.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 07:54 AM)
Why? Because there's 1) not an RB worth taking at #1 and 2) this is a passing league. I would take an OT, S,, CB or QB.

Pass rush plays a big part in the passing game too. Unless Jenkins continues to play like he did this week you have to consider one of the DEs.

Bears actually had a good game plan in the first half. Kept the game close and didn't turn the ball over. They were only down 6-0.

I just didn't get some of the punting in the second half. When they were down 20-0 and it was like 4th and 2. Just go for it. Punting does nothing.

It was like the good and bad of John Fox yesterday. Team played well in a tough situation, but when it came time to go for it on 4th down or run a trick play, he just punted. Played it safe.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 08:23 AM)
Bears actually had a good game plan in the first half. Kept the game close and didn't turn the ball over. They were only down 6-0.

I just didn't get some of the punting in the second half. When they were down 20-0 and it was like 4th and 2. Just go for it. Punting does nothing.

It was like the good and bad of John Fox yesterday. Team played well in a tough situation, but when it came time to go for it on 4th down or run a trick play, he just punted. Played it safe.

Maybe it is because Fox is an old-fashioned ball coach, but this was my big take away. If you're serious about winning, go for it on 4th and 2, the odds are heavily in your favor.

The defense played well, but just don't have to talent to keep up with Russell Wilson for 4 quarters. Fangio's coaching is definitely a bright spot.

I honestly think the bears are tanking.

I think they took over, realized they could do nothing about Jay and all of their major talent was 4-3 pieces too expensive to get rid of and are going to take it on the chin next year and then enter next year with cap space galore and a high draft pick.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 08:23 AM)

On that 4th and 2, it's like he just didn't care anymore. Even if we score here, we have no chance to win the game anyway, so f*** it, punt the ball.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 08:30 AM)
Maybe it is because Fox is an old-fashioned ball coach, but this was my big take away. If you're serious about winning, go for it on 4th and 2, the odds are heavily in your favor.

The defense played well, but just don't have to talent to keep up with Russell Wilson for 4 quarters. Fangio's coaching is definitely a bright spot.

You mean they didnt have the energy to stay on the field because the Bears only managed 16 offensive plays in the second half. Russell Wilson really wasnt all that great yesterday, the defense just didnt have the wind to stay on the field for an entire half. Russell had a few good drives when the defense was done

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 08:56 AM)
I honestly think the bears are tanking.

I think they took over, realized they could do nothing about Jay and all of their major talent was 4-3 pieces too expensive to get rid of and are going to take it on the chin next year and then enter next year with cap space galore and a high draft pick.

Eh, maybe. They've been fairly competitive when Jay has been out there. Lost to the Pack by 8 and trailed at the half by 8 to AZ. Those are 2 damn good teams.