2015-2016 NFL Thread

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 09:12 AM)
Eh, maybe. They've been fairly competitive when Jay has been out there. Lost to the Pack by 8 and trailed at the half by 8 to AZ. Those are 2 damn good teams.

Plus, only down 6 to Seattle at half on the road. The defense just got tired because the offense didn't move the ball at all.

It's really amazing how bad Emery & Trestman f***** up this organization. Bad contracts, 0 depth, only a couple young pieces to build around. Amazing.

Now Trestman's team is 0-3 and that offense is so inept lol.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 09:12 AM)
Eh, maybe. They've been fairly competitive when Jay has been out there. Lost to the Pack by 8 and trailed at the half by 8 to AZ. Those are 2 damn good teams.

Yeah but the whole cutting tim jennings, leaving 7 million of cap space available with players like evan mathis around, just seems like they were not too concerned on this year.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 09:55 AM)
There was some pretty awful QB play this weekend. I know a lot of it was because of injury, but it was hard to watch.

Honestly, I think it's the crap offensive line play league wide. Peyton is now behind garbage, wilson behind garbage, Newton behind garbage, etc etc.

Then Brandon Weeden looks good behind the leagues best o line.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 07:40 AM)
Plus, only down 6 to Seattle at half on the road. The defense just got tired because the offense didn't move the ball at all.

It's really amazing how bad Emery & Trestman f***** up this organization. Bad contracts, 0 depth, only a couple young pieces to build around. Amazing.

Now Trestman's team is 0-3 and that offense is so inept lol.

I still don't dislike Emery. Did he make a bad coaching hire? Yes. But otherwise, I honestly liked what he was doing.

The defense aging and declining so quickly was something any GM would have struggled with.

I don't have anything against Pace thus far, but Emery just went down with a bad coaching hire.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 10:02 AM)
I still don't dislike Emery. Did he make a bad coaching hire? Yes. But otherwise, I honestly liked what he was doing.

The defense aging and declining so quickly was something any GM would have struggled with.

I don't have anything against Pace thus far, but Emery just went down with a bad coaching hire.

He drafted 3 (one a punter) good starters in 3 years when we desparately needed to infuse younger talent. That was supposedly his strength.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 10:01 AM)
Honestly, I think it's the crap offensive line play league wide. Peyton is now behind garbage, wilson behind garbage, Newton behind garbage, etc etc.

Yeah, offensive line play has been going down hill.

I don't know why. Not sure if it's because D-line play has been so good and they haven't caught up yet or are colleges not producing good offensive lineman because of the type of offenses they run.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 10:01 AM)

People thought Jerry Jones was insane for spending that many draft picks on offensive linemen. The Cowboys have a ton of issues on defense, still, but they keep themselves in games with a qb with an arm and all the time in the world.

I'm just speculating, but it may be that offensive lineman work more as a team of 4-5 to the point where, when one of them needs to get paid, teams break up the line and suddenly that's the end of the line (pun intended). Offensive line chemistry just completely breaks down like it has in Seattle. Hopefully the Bears are ready to keep Long around, because he looks great overall.

Remember this...this time 3 years ago, Trestman, McCoy and Kelly were the talk of the NFL. Bruce Arians is the one whose getting the last laugh. Not how you start, but how you finish. We didn't hire Fox to win a superbowl this year, we hired him and Pace to build us into a perennial contender. That takes time and I expect we will see improvements (even as pathetic as this team is).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 12:03 PM)
Remember this...this time 3 years ago, Trestman, McCoy and Kelly were the talk of the NFL. Bruce Arians is the one whose getting the last laugh. Not how you start, but how you finish. We didn't hire Fox to win a superbowl this year, we hired him and Pace to build us into a perennial contender. That takes time and I expect we will see improvements (even as pathetic as this team is).

Yeah, and BA was my choice by far :angry:

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 12:35 PM)
People thought Jerry Jones was insane for spending that many draft picks on offensive linemen. The Cowboys have a ton of issues on defense, still, but they keep themselves in games with a qb with an arm and all the time in the world.

I'm just speculating, but it may be that offensive lineman work more as a team of 4-5 to the point where, when one of them needs to get paid, teams break up the line and suddenly that's the end of the line (pun intended). Offensive line chemistry just completely breaks down like it has in Seattle. Hopefully the Bears are ready to keep Long around, because he looks great overall.

Bill polian recently said the reduction in practice has hurt the oline most. Says the unit takes a longest to gel as one and identify exotic new looks.

Ian Rapoport Verified account ‏@RapSheet 3m3 minutes ago

The #Bears paid Jared Allen $11.5M in the form of a roster bonus. Now he’s headed to Carolina.

Field Yates Verified account ‏@FieldYates 9m9 minutes ago

Jared Allen has 0 guaranteed money beyond 2015 and is due just $823,529 more this year. A low risk move for pass rush needy Carolina.

Jason La Canfora Verified account ‏@JasonLaCanfora 10m10 minutes ago

Can confirm @JayGlazer report Jared Allen has been dealt to Panthers. Bears in essence gave him $11M to leave for possible late-round pick..

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 03:44 PM)
Jason La Canfora Verified account ‏@JasonLaCanfora 10m10 minutes ago

Can confirm @JayGlazer report Jared Allen has been dealt to Panthers. Bears in essence gave him $11M to leave for possible late-round pick..

I know he sucks now, but damn