Article on Jose Quintana

Whisox05

Think I'm going for a Quintana shirsey this year. Don't see enough of them around. I've got a dark gray Sale and an Alexei ASG one, but that's it (let's pretend the Beckham one I bought in early 2011 doesn't exist). I think Quintana's the guy.

Edited by 3GamesToLove

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Mar 4, 2015 -> 08:54 AM)
With Jose Quintana starting today here is a good article on his success sofar.

http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2015/3/4/...-sox-underrated

What a great article. I have read articles in the past talking about how under rated he is, but this seems to nail it on the head of exactly what has made him so successful.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Mar 4, 2015 -> 11:19 AM)
I got one for five dollars at the end of year sale before Konerko was honored. Steal of the year for me.

Whaaaaat. All I got the next day (Sunday) was the Alexei ASG one for like $20. Apparently all of the good ones were gone Saturday.

I did get a Buehrle for $5 at the end of the 2012 season. I haven't worn it much but I'll break it out for the '05 weekend this year.

QUOTE (3GamesToLove @ Mar 4, 2015 -> 07:36 AM)
Think I'm going for a Quintana shirsey this year. Don't see enough of them around. I've got a dark gray Sale and an Alexei ASG one, but that's it (let's pretend the Beckham one I bought in early 2011 doesn't exist). I think Quintana's the guy.

Are you sure you wouldn't want this instead?

http://supersportstees.com/view/2934901/jo...aseball_t_shirt

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 5, 2015 -> 01:43 PM)
You had to one up me didn't you?

Haha, it was just too good of an opportunity. What are the chances?

Anyway, I actually like my shirseys BETTER when they turn into weird ones. I have Danks, Sale, Matt Thornton, Ron Karkovice, and Tadahito Iguchi :)

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Mar 4, 2015 -> 12:17 PM)
What a great article. I have read articles in the past talking about how under rated he is, but this seems to nail it on the head of exactly what has made him so successful.

He pounds the zone with a lively fastball and has solid off speed stuff. He doesn't however stand 6-5" or throw mid 90's and he's a bit on the reticent side with the media. Throw in his awful run support and it's the perfect storm for under-rating him.

There aren't 20 starters in MLB I'd take ahead of him. Hell, you can make a good argument he's better than Shark.