2015 MLB Catch-All Thread

LittleHurt05

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 06:21 PM)
Buehrle getting skipped on Saturday. Stroman starting.

Getting a cortisone shot. Needs 4 starts of about 6.5 innings average to reach 200 for year 15.

I hope he bounces back for the postseason. This could be it for him.

Going for his 15th win Tues. I still miss him.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 10:39 PM)
The same idea applies for Samardzija.

The NL is a cakewalk to pitch in compared to the AL.

People were questioning the thought of Sale having an ERA that would drop by 1-1.5 runs in the NL this year but explain then how these guys that moved to the AL have seen their ERA jump by 2 runs or more? Heck, take Sale out of the AL central alone (and away from the twins) and his ERA drops by a run.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 10:02 AM)
People were questioning the thought of Sale having an ERA that would drop by 1-1.5 runs in the NL this year but explain then how these guys that moved to the AL have seen their ERA jump by 2 runs or more? Heck, take Sale out of the AL central alone (and away from the twins) and his ERA drops by a run.

Exactly. That is why I disagree when everyone says that Sale is having a poor season. He's been exactly like he always has, the only difference is that the Twins own him this year and he's faced them 5 or 6 times already, which shot up his ERA.

He'll be fine. We just have to hope that he can avoid Minnesota next year.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 11:38 AM)
Exactly. That is why I disagree when everyone says that Sale is having a poor season. He's been exactly like he always has, the only difference is that the Twins own him this year and he's faced them 5 or 6 times already, which shot up his ERA.

I'm not worried about Sale. He'll own the Twins next year. Remember when the Indians had his number in 2013? The Tigers in 2014? He has a team every year that is his bloody kryptonite. Probably be the Royals next year.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 06:39 PM)
Remember when people thought the Rangers traded for Hamels for next season? If the current score holds, they'll be leading the West. Hurts to think we were ahead of them at the Trade Deadline.

Wow! Anyone got an explanation for that?

Edited by kitekrazy

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 10:38 AM)

I guess it's different if you are using the Sale yardstick vs. the MLB yardstick.

It's no different with any pitcher. They either own a team or get owned by a team. The peculiar one is Danks vs. opponents.

I'm not a fan of shutting down a hard throwing pitcher. I can only think that trend started with Strasburg. They treat some of these pitcher like they are glass. I think it was Woody Fryman who started the season with four man rotation. Taking away the competition from athletes based on they competed too much makes no sense. Pitching is just as much a mental game as it is physical. Mark B. knows how to get people out throwing at 89 and Nate Jones thinks he can get everyone out throwing 98.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 12:12 AM)
I guess it's different if you are using the Sale yardstick vs. the MLB yardstick.

It's no different with any pitcher. They either own a team or get owned by a team. The peculiar one is Danks vs. opponents.

I'm not a fan of shutting down a hard throwing pitcher. I can only think that trend started with Strasburg. They treat some of these pitcher like they are glass. I think it was Woody Fryman who started the season with four man rotation. Taking away the competition from athletes based on they competed too much makes no sense. Pitching is just as much a mental game as it is physical. Mark B. knows how to get people out throwing at 89 and Nate Jones thinks he can get everyone out throwing 98.

At least with Strasburg, there were already existing legitimate arm health issues. People want to shut down Sale merely for the possibility of the arm health issues

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 11:56 PM)
Wow! Anyone got an explanation for that?

They were 50-52 on July 31. They’ve gone 27-15 since then.

The Sox were 49-52 on July 31. They’ve gone 19-23 since then. Although even if the Sox had gone 27-15, they’d only be in 2nd place in the division and one game back for the 2nd wild card.