MLB.com White Sox Top 30 Prospects

GGajewski18

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Mar 13, 2015 -> 10:21 PM)
I think the confusion comes on how the writer arrives at his rating. I could be wrong, but I think position has an impact. He uses the standard 5 categories: hit, power, run etc and he averages the five scores. But if you notice Adolfo scores slightly higher than Johnson but is rated below him. Hawkins rates slightly higher than Trey but he also ranks slighly lower. I wonder if he ranks outfielders lower than infielders when the numbers are in the same range???

finally someone who can think of a possible standard. i have been asking for something like this for many yrs. however, i would love to hear the author's reasoning.

on FS NSS put up a list of the top 8. one has anderson rated higher than rodon. if this cause some headaches. i can imagine what the other one would do.

:lol:

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 13, 2015 -> 06:32 PM)
Boo!!

Cmon, Richard Allen, you need to lighten up or you will give yourself a coronary.

Thanks, Bunk/Wendell Pierce

At least argue about something interesting...will the Apple Watch change the future or end up as a big dud?

I am going with dud. At least in it's current state.

the great thing about the sox top prospect that this site make or create, we as fans are spoiled. whereas we the fans can not get a reason in their thought process, these good folks can be asked and they will explain it all. this is indeed a luxury to have, in other words, spoiling us the fans.

good job on FS top prospect list.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Mar 14, 2015 -> 06:59 AM)
I expect him to have a solid year, remember he was 17 last year

i would like to see, meaning in write ups, rpts of his improvement. the hype about him got me wanting to read more of his progress.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 14, 2015 -> 03:06 PM)
It is WAY too early to be leaning on numbers with Micker.

you are very correct, but for me, i like the see and keep a visual note of his progress. as a fan of most things sox, i like to follow and in a round about way cheer for the progress and continued development.

it like he is leading the next wave of future sox players.

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 14, 2015 -> 10:55 AM)
you are very correct, but for me, i like the see and keep a visual note of his progress. as a fan of most things sox, i like to follow and in a round about way cheer for the progress and continued development.

it like he is leading the next wave of future sox players.

"Next wave"?

If he didn't arrive for 5 years he'd still be 23 and young for the big leagues.

That's like 3-4 waves away.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 14, 2015 -> 02:58 PM)
"Next wave"?

If he didn't arrive for 5 years he'd still be 23 and young for the big leagues.

That's like 3-4 waves away.

exactly, he would be leading that wave of prospects. the immediate group are the ones we are discussing, the Rodon, MJ, Danish etc ... group he should start leading the next wave after that one. the new players who didn't make the top list, the new group of int't players, the next group of drafted players.

in other words the continuation of incoming prospects. we as fans been watching Danish, Hawkins, Andersron grow as players, i just want to see that with Mickler.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 14, 2015 -> 09:06 AM)
It is WAY too early to be leaning on numbers with Micker.

It is too early, especially when you consider his situation but the reports of him coming out of instructs said that he made improvements to his game.

With Micker, all you want to hear is that he is improving and that he is holding his own. This is his age 18 season after all.

I think Micker might have the highest ceiling in the system and he could be one of the best prospects in all of baseball in the next couple of years.

Edited by Joshua Strong

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Mar 14, 2015 -> 02:46 PM)
It is too early, especially when you consider his situation but the reports of him coming out of instructs said that he made improvements to his game.

With Micker, all you want to hear is that he is improving and that he is holding his own. This is his age 18 season after all.

I think Micker might have the highest ceiling in the system and he could be one of the best prospects in all of baseball in the next couple of years.

Lots of comps with Soler out there.