Spring Training Stock Report - Week 2

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (staxx @ Mar 19, 2015 -> 10:42 AM)
Great article again.

I don't know if I'd go to say that Rodon's stock is "down" but more in-line with what should be expected from a player at his current status.

But he is down from his extremely high perch that he was on after his first start.

That's why I was clear to say his PROSPECT stock is NOT down. The article is about chances to make the Opening Day roster, and his chances at that have definitely diminished (though it was at best a 50/50 thing anyway, probably less).

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 19, 2015 -> 10:44 AM)
That's why I was clear to say his PROSPECT stock is NOT down. The article is about chances to make the Opening Day roster, and his chances at that have definitely diminished (though it was at best a 50/50 thing anyway, probably less).

Missed that, my bad.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 19, 2015 -> 09:59 AM)
A quick look at those who aren't contractually guaranteed a 25-man spot have been doing in the past week, whose stocks are up and down, and who is now out of camp.

Article here.

I'm glad to know that there have been reports of some good Soto defense.

Re Hawkins, fwiw, in one of Law's recent stories, he said that while Hawkins looked good, a scout who has been following the Sox told him that he hasn't been challenged much with the curveball this spring.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Mar 19, 2015 -> 02:58 PM)

Re Hawkins, fwiw, in one of Law's recent stories, he said that while Hawkins looked good, a scout who has been following the Sox told him that he hasn't been challenged much with the curveball this spring.

Not surprising considering Hawkins crushes mistakes and the dry desert air.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Mar 19, 2015 -> 02:58 PM)

Might be true overall, but that first HR Hawkins hit in the spring was a hanger, not a fastball. FWIW.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 19, 2015 -> 03:06 PM)
So where would John Danks stock be?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 19, 2015 -> 03:14 PM)
Unlisted and OTC>

Pink sheets.