Final Spring Training Stock Report

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Mar 26, 2015 -> 12:32 PM)
Great summary, thanks.

Is there any chance Beckham doesn't make the team? I personally prefer Sanchez (although I know a lot of people would prefer to see him get regular playing time).

Sadly, it appears Beckham's contract is of the guaranteed MLB variety. So I don't see the team throwing away $2M. He may end up gone during the season if he's bad enough though.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 26, 2015 -> 01:06 PM)
Sadly, it appears Beckham's contract is of the guaranteed MLB variety. So I don't see the team throwing away $2M. He may end up gone during the season if he's bad enough though.

Despite what Hawk thinks, I believe there is a significant chance Beckham doesn't make it to September. He's lucky Micah Johnson's fielding isn't quite there.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Mar 26, 2015 -> 03:20 PM)
Despite what Hawk thinks, I believe there is a significant chance Beckham doesn't make it to September. He's lucky Micah Johnson's fielding isn't quite there.

I think he's more lucky that Saladino went down for TJS.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 26, 2015 -> 06:05 PM)
Or that Leury Garcia was abysmal at the plate last season.

That wasn't luck.

Paul Konerko came back so Leury couldn't get time in AAA where he could actually work.

Paul Konerko might have handed Beckham $2 mil this year :).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 26, 2015 -> 04:12 PM)
That wasn't luck.

Paul Konerko came back so Leury couldn't get time in AAA where he could actually work.

Paul Konerko might have handed Beckham $2 mil this year :).

Conspiracy theory, haha? I'm sure Hawk and Paulie lobbied Hahn/KW on Gordon's behalf.

By the way, you can stick a fork in Webb making the OD roster, if he had even an infinitesimal chance entering today's action.

Finally...just watch, Viciedo's about to play himself off the TOR roster...if not for some injuries that will open a 4-6 window, he'd probably be Charlotte-bound as well.

Edited by caulfield12

thanks for your work guys I enjoy these. I've soured immensely on Webb. He's got time to figure it out but a guy with that fastball, a year under cooper, he should be able to get his control issues figured out at least somewhat if he's capable of improving. He hasn't shown any improvement at all IMO.

Edited by chitownsportsfan