Rodon comped to "a young Carlton"

southsider2k5

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 07:04 PM)

Wow. My favorite part was when he included "other scouts" and then went on to sing the praises. If he does what he's capable of this season, we're looking at a potentially deep playoff run with our SP.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 07:26 PM)
Think the word raving is an understatement based on the way Pleskoff was speaking on Rodon.

It really seems all too good to be true. As I've said before, with Sale-Q-Rodon all around for at least the next 3 years, things become so much easier to build around.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 07:33 PM)
Try at least 5.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 08:12 PM)
Or 6.

He said at least 3 because that's what Sale is under contract for, before his options kick in. That's pretty much the definition of "at least."

Edited by 3GamesToLove

Are my rose colored glasses larger than the novelty Harry Carey glasses you can get on Addison and Clark or is it conceivable that the three best left hander starters not named Kershaw could pitch for the White Sox in 2016.

IMHO I think David Price is regressing and will be right behind them and Kershaw above them.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 09:40 PM)
Wow. My favorite part was when he included "other scouts" and then went on to sing the praises. If he does what he's capable of this season, we're looking at a potentially deep playoff run with our SP.

Yesterday, except for the bomb of a HR, the Dodgers hardly touched him, and he wasn't throwing his slider. Just his fastball and change he is working on.

If he stays healthy, Sale might not be the ace in a couple of years.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 1, 2015 -> 04:21 PM)
Are my rose colored glasses larger than the novelty Harry Carey glasses you can get on Addison and Clark or is it conceivable that the three best left hander starters not named Kershaw could pitch for the White Sox in 2016.

IMHO I think David Price is regressing and will be right behind them and Kershaw above them.

you got a great point.... about the 3 lefties.

next yr fa class, esp with Jeff S may not sign with the sox. question, will the other prospect be ready to step in, other than Rodon???

oh i forgot the unforgetable ace the sox has ..... Penny.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 1, 2015 -> 04:42 PM)
Yesterday, except for the bomb of a HR, the Dodgers hardly touched him, and he wasn't throwing his slider. Just his fastball and change he is working on.

If he stays healthy, Sale might not be the ace in a couple of years.

yeah but lets think of it this way...... a nice position to be in