Rodon comped to "a young Carlton"

southsider2k5

Unless there's an injury or the Sox record is so bad the first 50 games that a change has to happen, I don't want them to think about bringing Rodon up until at least June 1.

It shouldn't be as simple as Rodon is better than Danks or Noesi right now.

Give him 10 starts in Charlotte, and see where it stands then.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 02:10 PM)
And to contrast that, no matter what Carlos Rodon states to the press, I see no scenario that keeps him in Chicago past his initial trip to free agency.

I suspect we will see on the east coast after his initial stint with the Sox.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 03:10 PM)
And to contrast that, no matter what Carlos Rodon states to the press, I see no scenario that keeps him in Chicago past his initial trip to free agency.

3 world series wins in a row, huge revenue boost, sold out stadium every night, then TV contract comes up in 2019.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 02:23 PM)
3 world series wins in a row, huge revenue boost, sold out stadium every night, then TV contract comes up in 2019.

Makes teh big market teams all of the more likely to throw $500 million at him. (or whatever ridiculous amount contracts are up to seven years down the road)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 02:10 PM)

I agree.

Has anyone noticed interviews with Rodon seem really uncomfortable? He comes across as a bit aloof IMO.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 02:37 PM)
I agree.

Has anyone noticed interviews with Rodon seem really uncomfortable? He comes across as a bit aloof IMO.

He does seem like a drillrod.

Also blew off Rongey Tuesday and Thursday, which isn't cool. Hopefully he'll get better with that.

That said, 6-7 years of being an ace makes up for it.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 01:45 PM)
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they picked him, but the drillrod description above, just from interviews which is cherry picking, does seem appropriate.

If he blew off Rongey, that ain't right.

Who woudn't blow off Rongey? Maybe Carlo and his ex listened to enough post-game shows last year to get their fill of his act.

Cooper treats him with barely disguised disdain and nobody makes much of anything about it.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 30, 2015 -> 11:50 AM)
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 11m11 minutes ago

Rodon: 'Whatever they need to see so I can be in position to pitch for them, so be it. If I have to wear my underwear inside out I'll do it'

They need you to pitch in AAA for 15-30 days, Carlos. That's it.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 30, 2015 -> 12:46 PM)
Who woudn't blow off Rongey? Maybe Carlo and his ex listened to enough post-game shows last year to get their fill of his act.

Cooper treats him with barely disguised disdain and nobody makes much of anything about it.

What you say absolutely does not make it right to blow someone in the media off. I hope someone straightened the kid out if he did do this. It just isn't a professional way to handle things.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 30, 2015 -> 02:03 PM)
What you say absolutely does not make it right to blow someone in the media off. I hope someone straightened the kid out if he did do this. It just isn't a professional way to handle things.

Yeah, yeah, I know, "professional obligations," another subsegment of the responsibility of being a ballplayer for the White Sox, part of the family, etc.

I'm sure he will end up coming around. But it's nice to see Rongey put in his place sometimes. Now if he did that to Merkin, I would be more aggravated, as sometimes Rongey just comes off as too entitled or judgmental when dealing with the fanbase. Exasperated. For whatever reason, I don't see him as "one of us" like I do Harrelson, for example.

Hawkins came out of his immaturity period, seemingly. Rodon will, too. Or they'll end up banished like Jon Rauch.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 30, 2015 -> 02:46 PM)

Cooper treats all of his required media appearances like that. Rongey is a really funny and nice guy, he doesnt deserve how he gets treated by Cooper

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 30, 2015 -> 03:07 PM)
Yeah, yeah, I know, "professional obligations," another subsegment of the responsibility of being a ballplayer for the White Sox, part of the family, etc.

I'm sure he will end up coming around. But it's nice to see Rongey put in his place sometimes. Now if he did that to Merkin, I would be more aggravated, as sometimes Rongey just comes off as too entitled or judgmental when dealing with the fanbase. Exasperated. For whatever reason, I don't see him as "one of us" like I do Harrelson, for example.

Hawkins came out of his immaturity period, seemingly. Rodon will, too. Or they'll end up banished like Jon Rauch.

Post game hosts need to be like that at times. There are far too many goofs that call in. If I has to answer the questions he did repeatedly I would lose my temper much more often. There is only so many times you can answer why Ventura pulled a pitcher if favor of the bullpen without screaming THE ENTIRE BP SUCKS SO WHO DO YOU EXPECT HIM TO PUT IN.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 07:26 PM)
Think the word raving is an understatement based on the way Pleskoff was speaking on Rodon.

It really seems all too good to be true. As I've said before, with Sale-Q-Rodon all around for at least the next 3 years, things become so much easier to build around.

Try at least 5.