World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling III Thread

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Mar 7, 2016 -> 10:46 PM)
Yeah, I thought the show was average, started off so well.

The main event scene is horrible. I'm with the other poster who said Ambrose isn't doing much for me.

Just not working out at all. And he's the one I like the best out of Reigns / HHH.

Is it weird how Reigns is supposed to be the main event of WM, but isn't on the past two Raws? Why?

Fans hate Reigns and he has to be protected it is a joke, Chicago crowd would boo all night.

Edited by Soxfest

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, but, doesn't that seem absolutely insane?

The guy that is to headline Wrestelmania, can't be on the program because he will get booed ? What do they think would happen at WM?

I have to think there is other reasons....

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 8, 2016 -> 07:26 PM)
So Y2AJ are gone and LoN is getting their title shot at Roadblock now. I wonder where this leaves New Day for mania now? Maybe it'll be Gallows and Anderson or Enzo and Cass. I'm intrigued.

There's no way a new team is getting a tag shot at Mania. I bet LON wins Sat and rematch is at mania, in WWEs mind. I'd hate that.

Yes, I also bet LON wins @ roadblock setting up the title match at mania. That seems to make the most WWE sense. I wouldn't call it a terrible move, but it is lackluster compared to what they have.

The New Day is a great tag team for the division, league of nations (while being somewhat boring) is another team that is formidable. Reminds me of some good 90's teams where the teams had meaning and continuity. (not saying their in ring skills are great or bad).

On the other hand, they could have had some more build up, some other teams involved that it seems they have, and had a more entertaining match up. (TLC?)

Pretty big news in the Observer this week:

-WM32 has already broken the attendance record.

-Lucha Underground is coming to Netflix.

-There is indeed heat between Vince and HHH. Meltzer hinted at that before saying there's reasons HHH isn't involved in the Shane storyline. Basically HHH isn't fully behind Reigns, doesn't like how NXT wrestlers get treated once called up, and is uncomfortable with Shane being back in the picture. Meanwhile Vince doesn't think much of NXT as he doesn't see any of the performers as draws and doesn't like his perception as being out of touch.

-Nakamura is the biggest ticket draw in the company.

-WWE is still being very aggressive in the foreign talent market. They're making a big push for Okada from New Japan and someone from Lucha Underground/AAA.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 10, 2016 -> 09:29 AM)
Pretty big news in the Observer this week:

-WM32 has already broken the attendance record.

-Lucha Underground is coming to Netflix.

-There is indeed heat between Vince and HHH. Meltzer hinted at that before saying there's reasons HHH isn't involved in the Shane storyline. Basically HHH isn't fully behind Reigns, doesn't like how NXT wrestlers get treated once called up, and is uncomfortable with Shane being back in the picture. Meanwhile Vince doesn't think much of NXT as he doesn't see any of the performers as draws and doesn't like his perception as being out of touch.

-Nakamura is the biggest ticket draw in the company.

-WWE is still being very aggressive in the foreign talent market. They're making a big push for Okada from New Japan and someone from Lucha Underground/AAA.

LU to Netflix is great news! I've only watched a few, but with Netflix will be much easier.

The point about Vince and HHH is what drives me nuts about WWE at this point and leads me to believe nothing will be changing anytime soon. Hopefully Vince focuses on the Main Event scene and allows all the talent to feud on the mid-card and not job to Vince's guys. How he doesn't see money in Balor, especially the demon gimmick, and Bayley would be beyond me.

From my understanding, most of the good wrestlers in LU are on 7 season contracts, so as long as LU is still producing seasons, their contracts are pretty iron clad (note, that's seasons, not years). I had heard WWE/NXT had a ton of interest in Prince Puma/Ricochet (and I believe Jack Evans), but with LU getting renewed, it was a no go.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 10, 2016 -> 09:47 AM)
Can't wait for the doofus son in law to be fully in charge.

Pretty much. If Sami Zayn is used right, he'll draw. Could even take DBs place.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 10, 2016 -> 01:37 PM)
Pssh, Sami is too small, Owens is too fat, Bayley isn't a tall blonde, no chance they draw.

Let's put Sami in a feud with Kane! Sami could use that rub!

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 07:06 PM)
Anyone know a real reason why the only ppv Chicago ever gets now is Payback?

I'm guessing cuz Sears Centre is a small facility for a big one like the Rumble.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 07:39 PM)
I'm guessing cuz Sears Centre is a small facility for a big one like the Rumble.

Does WWE have a contract with Sears where perhaps Sears requested that they cannot do any events at United Center? That holds about 7,000 more and I know 10+ years ago they had some there. Every NBA/NHL arena holds these so it can't be anything with sight lines

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 09:03 PM)
Does WWE have a contract with Sears where perhaps Sears requested that they cannot do any events at United Center? That holds about 7,000 more and I know 10+ years ago they had some there. Every NBA/NHL arena holds these so it can't be anything with sight lines

It's Rosemont just fyi. Sits about 18k. It's because all-state is one of the greatest if not the greatest wrestling venue in the states. Vince is loyal to that and won't book the UC or anywhere else in the area. They've got a relationship expanding over 30 years.

I understand the history at Rosemont but the crowd makes the shows now, not the venues. SummerSlam 94 was at the United Center. It has to be Vince being loyal and having it made in Rosemont. They could give us a Rumble at UC easily.

Allstate really hold 18k? I thought it'd be like 10 or 12.