World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling III Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 18, 2015 -> 10:13 PM)
We shall see I have seen this script many times before.

Maybe I'm hoping they've learned from his mistake.

Now Rusev is in the chamber. He can't get pinned clean in there.

Is TNA DEAD?

What this means is unclear following the show’s move to Wednesday, but according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter Destination America made the decision to cancel Impact Wrestling last week. The decision was reportedly made a few days before the announcement that the show was moving to Wednesday and according to the site, those who were informed of the cancellation (including key people at Destination America and Dixie Carter) have not been informed of anything different as of several days after the Wednesday move was announced.

The decision at the time was made to have the show end at the end of the third quarter, or sometime around the last week of September. While Destination America considered the ratings to be good, they did not justify the price that the network is paying out for the show. Several regular Destination America advertisers have specifically expressed a desire not to advertise on Impact. While Dixie Carter was made aware of the decision early last week, it seems that most of the talent didn’t know. Carter has yet to respond to any questions about the issue.

Edited by Soxfest

I love the part about Destination America advertisers not wanting to run ads on Impact.

"Look, I LOVE advertising on shows about ghosts haunting wooden sheds in the middle of the forest, but I don't want my products advertised on RASSLIN'!!!"

QUOTE (Brian @ May 21, 2015 -> 03:57 AM)
Anyone check on scs after Joe showed up? Hope he did t hit his head passing out.

Just got out of the hospital. Hit my head on a CM Punk figurine that was on the ground. Got me right on the temple. Lol. Really though, I used to be a huge Joe fan, but haven't followed him in TNA at all. I'm hoping this isn't a few years too late. He looks in pretty good shape by Joe standards so I'm sure he can still go which excites me.

Joe/Owens should be a whole lotta fun. If I'm Trips, or whoever is booking NXT, I'm making a triple threat angle with Joe, Owens, and Balor.

Great show overall. That divas title match was fantastic.

Side note, I officially hope Global Force fails. The company I work for had Steiner booked, but GF1 signed Steiner last week and is taping a show in Vegas the day before our show. My boss gave him a non refundable ticket out of Atlanta....Now as a replacement we're booking the nasty boys....yawn

Edited by scs787

Joe looks to be in his best shape I have ever seen him.

There is nothing about that GFW roster that excites me. Hope there are more NJPW guys. I know a couple All Japan guys will be at that Vegas taping.

HHH and Steph opening the show and closed the show shocked! :chair............... Crowd like me does not give 2 craps about Entourage movie. Wrestler arrested and then comes back for final segment only been done 15 times crowd yelling for Ambrose the whole segment. :snow

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (scs787 @ May 27, 2015 -> 01:53 PM)
Ring of Honor picked up by Destination America. Time to actually figure out what channel that is on direct TV.

To air before TNA. Classic. I'll try ROH for sure.

This blows a hole in DA excuse people do not want to advertise on Wrestling shows!

The Wrestling Observer reports that, distressingly for talent, TNA’s future on Destination America was not addressed during the conference call today. During the conference call there was nothing really said except that they could not currently address the company’s future on the cable network.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 27, 2015 -> 04:12 PM)
This blows a hole in DA excuse people do not want to advertise on Wrestling shows!

The Wrestling Observer reports that, distressingly for talent, TNA’s future on Destination America was not addressed during the conference call today. During the conference call there was nothing really said except that they could not currently address the company’s future on the cable network.

I thought it was odd too, but FWIW, Meltzer is saying Impact is far more expensive for DA than ROH and they still want wrestling, so ROH is a cheaper alternative if all holds true and TNA is done on DA shortly.

This also makes the Samoa Joe situation murky as ROH was going to be able to use him for TV when they were just the limited Sinclair stations now it will be interesting to see what he does.

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 28, 2015 -> 12:26 PM)
I thought it was odd too, but FWIW, Meltzer is saying Impact is far more expensive for DA than ROH and they still want wrestling, so ROH is a cheaper alternative if all holds true and TNA is done on DA shortly.

This also makes the Samoa Joe situation murky as ROH was going to be able to use him for TV when they were just the limited Sinclair stations now it will be interesting to see what he does.

Koff was on Busted Open Fri and said he hasn't been told he can't use Joe on TV. Sounds like he fears WWE will take action if he actually does though.