World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling III Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PWInsider has confirmed that part of the deal between Jeff Jarrett and TNA will allow TNA talents to work shows for Global Force Wrestling.

The site also notes that the Jarrett’s promos were not scripted by TNA and were basically shoots, beyond Jeff pushing that he would be in the King of the Mountain match at Slammiversary.

YAWN

Jeff could have waited until Monday and been able to sign LoKi, James Storm, Austin Aries and Magnus without making any deal with TNA.

A working relationship/talent swap between GFW and TNA is really the only way either will survive. My suggestion to Jeff and Dixie would be to merge, change the name to Global Impact Wrestling and try to use the international deals Jarrett says he has to assemble some sort of roster capable of competing for the available #2 promotion status.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 01:57 PM)
Yup. Happy he is staying around.

This is a minor criticism but I'd get him new music. Something like an 80s hair band to match his new look. Just me.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 03:28 PM)
This is a minor criticism but I'd get him new music. Something like an 80s hair band to match his new look. Just me.

I'd completely re-package him, name and all. Dolph Ziggler is a horrible name if you want to be taken seriously.

I thought he should leave, go to Japan and just be Nick Nemeth. I think he'd be huge in Japan.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 05:21 PM)
I'd completely re-package him, name and all. Dolph Ziggler is a horrible name if you want to be taken seriously.

I thought he should leave, go to Japan and just be Nick Nemeth. I think he'd be huge in Japan.

Ziggler on re-signing with WWE and wanting to end his career there: “I mean, it feels like I started here, I should end my career in the WWE. I feel like they like having me around and I love working here, so it would be really hard to walk away.”

per 411 Wrestling

I get why he stayed. There's no American alternative, really, and not everyone wants or needs to work in Japan.

He makes a good living and is loyal, but they never seem to stick with him in a decent program for any length of time.

I think he is a victim of his ability to sell. He makes guys look like a million bucks, so they have him do it all the time.

I hope they reward his loyalty with some sort of extended push.

In TNA news, Jeff Jarrett is your new King of the Mountain Champion. No surprise there whatsoever.

This really does feel like the beginning of a TNA/GFW merger. Again, I think it's the only hope for either.

The rest of the card felt like the usual confusing TNA booking. Why you'd have James Storm win the blowoff match when both he and Magnus are leaving the company is beyond me.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 09:41 PM)
In TNA news, Jeff Jarrett is your new King of the Mountain Champion. No surprise there whatsoever.

This really does feel like the beginning of a TNA/GFW merger. Again, I think it's the only hope for either.

The rest of the card felt like the usual confusing TNA booking. Why you'd have James Storm win the blowoff match when both he and Magnus are leaving the company is beyond me.

For your last part, I'm confused. Usually the guy going away loses. But they both are so what did you want done?

Anyways I doubt they are going away. They'll both sign with GFW and its all just apart of the rebrand

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 29, 2015 -> 05:22 PM)
For your last part, I'm confused. Usually the guy going away loses. But they both are so what did you want done?

Anyways I doubt they are going away. They'll both sign with GFW and its all just apart of the rebrand

I wanted the guy who threw the other guy's wife in front of a train and vaguely threatened to kidnap the guy's kid to get his comeuppance.

That's kind of how the blowoff usually works. The bad guy who has made the good guy's life hell loses in the end.

Magnus has already signed with GFW, so you may be right on that thought.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 29, 2015 -> 10:17 PM)
Really hope that Cesaro/Cena ending sets up an Owens/Cesaro feud.

LoL, that would be too good of an idea. I liked that's how it finished. Gives me hope they'll keep Cesaro a face.

Cena needs to stop with the ROH type moves. They're too slow to develop and look like garbage.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 02:12 AM)
I wanted the guy who threw the other guy's wife in front of a train and vaguely threatened to kidnap the guy's kid to get his comeuppance.

That's kind of how the blowoff usually works. The bad guy who has made the good guy's life hell loses in the end.

Magnus has already signed with GFW, so you may be right on that thought.

Okay I didn't actually follow the feud. Sounds like tna though ha.

Cesaro would be an awesome feud after the Cena/Owens blowoff. Or a 3 way between them at summerslam. Cesaro interfering at battleground makes sense since, well, there are the 2 best things about wwe right now. Owens going over is the right choice. Cena winning will be the one wwe wants. I don't see them deciding though.

It wasn’t a good night for Raw last night, as viewership hit a near-record low and the 18 – 49 rating fell as well. The episode averaged 3.463 million viewers and a 1.11 demo rating, down 6% and 8% from last week’s 3.671 million and 1.21 demo rating. The viewership is the second-lowest rating for a non-holiday episode, ahead of only the December 3rd, 2012 episode. Meanwhile, the demo was the lowest since the May 4th episode drew a 1.1.

8 PM: 3.362 million (1.08 demo rating)

9 PM: 3.544 million (1.14 demo rating)

10 PM: 3.482 million (1.10 demo rating)

Credit: Shobuzz Daily

This about matches WCW Nitro ratings in 2000, which WWE love to tell people were terrible.

Edited by Soxfest

Was ring announcing for a show last night. Accidently announced a guy named Greg Glover Gary Glover. Went up to apologize after his match and it turns out he's a big Sox fan and was cool with it. Real cool guy, we talked Sox for awhile during the show. Said he was gonna join Soxtalk so we'll see.

Had a fun show though. It was at a fair and they made us end it short because everyone form the fair was watching the show and not spending money at the actual fair. Had us scheduled for a double shot and canceled today's show too. So we got shut down for being too good. Lol.

How is no one talking about this main event? Incredible.

Say what you will about Cena but when he's paired with guys like Cesaro, Owens, Punk, and all my other Indy home boys, he helps put on one helluva match...I get more and more respect for him as time goes on.

Plz keep pushing Cesaro.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 10:16 PM)
How is no one talking about this main event? Incredible.

Say what you will about Cena but when he's paired with guys like Cesaro, Owens, Punk, and all my other Indy home boys, he helps put on one helluva match...I get more and more respect for him as time goes on.

Plz keep pushing Cesaro.

Cena's arsenal has grown and so much more entertaining since becoming US champion. He has really been fantastic.

As for Cesaro, I absolutely love him and think he deserves to get a shot at World Heavyweight Championship