World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling III Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 20, 2015 -> 09:50 PM)
He's 2-2.

Fine with Kane coming back to feud with Rollins. Masked Kane as a face is best Kane.

One on one matches. Don't care about throw away tag matches.

Edited by Soxfest

I thought it was a solid show and Sting looked good. He's 50 something, its going to be hard for someone who wrestles twice a year to keep up with Seth's style. He took a couple of risks and wonder what happened to him near the end. Those corner bumps always look rough. Maybe the wind got knocked out of him.

Love Dudleys but glad they didn't win the belts. They should've teased Woods through a table for a month or so before putting him through one.

The matches felt a bit old school to me. Working body parts, etc. Wish the Divas had about 5 more minutes. Felt the crowd starting to get into it. You can tell the style between NXT and Raw is different for them. I'll give Nikki credit for doing a good job.

Popped for Jericho. Sting looked in better shape though. Him being a heel again is something I'm interested in though. Braun Stroman is nothing special but I like the way they portray him. Hard to knock down and he looks intimidating to me. Like a more seasoned Zeus maybe? I dunno.

Only complaint I have is Kane returning. Who cares about him anymore? Just stop.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Sep 20, 2015 -> 09:56 PM)
Pretty sure this is only his 3rd WWE match.. WM and last week on Raw, unless I missed something.

He had 2 matches on Raw last week

It looked like he broke his rib last night. I thought the match was pretty good given the situation. The ending was probably an audible.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

Sting was much better than I thought he'd be last night. And ya, he either broke a rib or got concussed or something. He wasn't winded, he was legit injured. Kane and Sheamo need to go away but I thought the actual match was really good compared to the expectation I had for it.

UPDATE: According to Pwinsider.com, Sting has gone for medical testing and WWE is waiting on an official diagnosis. The feeling is that if the injury is a major one that this could be a career ending injury for the 56-year old performer. Several people in the company felt really bad that Sting got hurt because he’s been considered great to work with internally.

Sting’s status for Raw is said to be “up in the air” at this time.

ORIGINAL: According to Dave Meltzer, Sting was injured during his match with Seth Rollins last night. There are a not a lot of details at this time, but early reports state that the injury is significant. Meltzer added on Observer Radio that the injury took place during the buckle bomb spot, and appears to be a neck injury. More details as they become available.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 22, 2015 -> 07:27 AM)
Him no-selling the frog splash, one of the most famous and protected moves in WWE history, is just incredible.

Just rolls out and reverses into weak ass AA. Made the world champ look awful. Just head shaking.

So Meltzer was saying the plans for WM32 have been laI'd out for a long time, and it was supposed to be Brock vs Taker 3, but that those plans have very recently changed. They are of course having the blow off in HiaC next month.

So with WWE currently in Texas and Brock just announced for the stone cold podcast, are we thinking Brock vs Austin is on?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 22, 2015 -> 09:40 AM)
So Meltzer was saying the plans for WM32 have been laI'd out for a long time, and it was supposed to be Brock vs Taker 3, but that those plans have very recently changed. They are of course having the blow off in HiaC next month.

So with WWE currently in Texas and Brock just announced for the stone cold podcast, are we thinking Brock vs Austin is on?

It would make sense storyline but from a match perspective, it doesn't for me. Brock would squash him and I don't think Austin's body will allow him to work with Brock. All those suplexes, I feel, could kill him legit.

But what do I know. It'll probably happen.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 06:55 PM)
Brock, Taker, HBK, Flair, and HBK announced for 10/19 Raw. Final Raw before Hell in a Cell and last time in Texas before mania.

So I assume all 5 of those guys will be promoting mania and be on the card there.

God I hope they do Rollins/HBK. Not sure how they get there but man do I wanna see that..

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 10:13 PM)
God I hope they do Rollins/HBK. Not sure how they get there but man do I wanna see that..

I'm starting to think Rollins loses the belt to someone at Rumble and leads to him vs HHH at Mania. I honestly have no idea who will be main eventing. I kind of hope DB is cleared by then and it's him vs Brock but not holding my breath.

If HBK was going to have one more match, Mania 32 would probably be it. Him or Austin.