World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling III Thread

As much as I'd love to see it, I highly doubt HBK is ever wrestling again. Before Punk left a few years back they had the absolute perfect fit for him with DB and he wasn't going to do it.

But hell, maybe I'm wrong and I'll get to see him or Austin next year at Mania but I doubt it.

Edited by Rowand44

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 30, 2015 -> 07:30 AM)
I don't get why people still care about ratings. They're meaningless.

And Kane has been amazing with his new character.

Don't disagree but nobody cares about him. He's old and can barely move. Why is he in the ring? I'd rather see some angle with Rollins and Cesaro. Someone new.

Why don't ratings matter again? I personally couldn't care less about them but there's been plenty of reports lately that Vince has been flipping out about them so apparently they do matter. And to each their own on the Kane character I guess. I've found him mildly entertaining at times but the switching from corporate to demon(granted this is a new wrinkle) has already been done to death. Add to it that Kane hasn't been a real threat in ages, they're back to doing silly horror film s*** with his story and the guy can't wrestle anymore and no thanks, he can go away and definitely shouldn't be in the title picture.

Edited by Rowand44

Ratings don't matter because ratings are way down everywhere across the board. This isnt from a lack of people watching, it's from people taking their media in different ways. I saw a show on network tv that only got 3 million views but 7.5 million watched it within the first days of airing. That's 150% increase.

Live sports are the only genre that don't see that kind of reflection in the ratings. So when your competition is MNF for raw, you are going to get doubly punished if you just look at ratings. First for all the cord cutters out there, and second for the people who are watching live tv, they are watching sports since storyline shows can always be watched later. It doesn't mean you have fewer eyes on your product though.

Matt Hardy is the new TNA champion.

Ugh.

Awful to take the title off the only interesting person in that entire company, not to mention him losing his undefeated streak in a 3-way cluster against two useless WWE rejects. I know EC3 will remain the only part of Impact worth watching, but this is typical TNA bad booking.

PWInsider reports that Vince McMahon was responsible for all the creative decisions made for the Madison Square Garden WWE Network special. The site notes that McMahon has been micro-managing as of late due to the ratings decline and is in control of every part of the company, even more than usual.

In addition, despite the talk about Triple H’s control in WWE growing Vince McMahon is still entirely in control and all creative decisions go through him for the final approval. When Creative pitches ideas, the common responses are along the lines of “we’ll have to check with Vince” or “see if Vince likes it”.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 19, 2015 -> 11:06 PM)
This Lesnar on the stone cold podcast is absolutely one of the most fascinating things I've ever watched.

Best Austin podcast on network yet. Fascinating guy and straight shooter. I get him.