World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling III Thread

Some major spoilers going forward. First one involving Roman and Raw. Second on is about a WrestleMania match not yet announced.

They're taking Roman off Raw for 3 weeks. Scheduled to return March 21 in Philly. Hero's welcome?

Sami Zayn will be re-debuting soon and will have a match at Wrestlemania

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Mar 2, 2016 -> 09:04 PM)
Realistically, is there any chance Shane wins at WM?

It's predetermined and the streak is an after thought, so yes, there is a chance. Of course the IWC will explode if he does. They should've put Taker's career on the line as an incentive for him to win to make it more interesting since it's rumored to be his last.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 3, 2016 -> 09:03 PM)
I just wanna give some love to Mauro Ranallo....Just cuz.

He's awesome. Makes it feel legit and old school.

Week late on this but here's Meltzer's obituary on White Sox owner Eddie Einhorn:

Eddie Einhorn, a major sports figure and innovator for the last five decades, who had a major connection with pro wrestling at two different periods, passed away on 2/24 from complications from a stroke at the age of 80. We’ll hopefully have a more in-depth story, but Einhorn was credited with putting college basketball on the map as a nationally televised sport, and was a minority owner and former president of the Chicago White Sox. Einhorn may have been the first sports franchise owner to be a regular reader of this publication, from its earliest days. A fan of almost all sports growing up, including pro wrestling, Einhorn teamed with Pedro Martinez in 1975 to try and run a national wrestling promotion, the International Wrestling Association (IWA) that tried to run opposition to the NWA and WWWF. They offered guaranteed money contracts, which the established company didn’t do, as well as paid transportation, and hotels for the competitors. They built around Mil Mascaras as their world champion, but had trouble booking major arenas because the established promotions, which had run those arenas regularly, had exclusive deals. This was also one of the last examples of the unity of the promotions, which banded together to fight the IWA and promoters would send their talent to help load up on shows to run head-to-head when the IWA invaded someone’s territory. The group was best known for running three outdoor shows that summer at Roosevelt Stadium in Jersey City, NJ, drawing more than 14,000 for Mascaras vs. Ivan Koloff, and crowds of just over 8,000 and just over 9,000 for Mascaras vs. Ernie Ladd. But they were unable to get dates in Madison Square Garden or the Nassau Coliseum, and felt they couldn’t run outdoors as the weather got colder. Einhorn pulled out and Martinez and Johnny Powers ran the promotion for a few more years in the Carolinas as opposition to Jim Crockett Promotions. In 1981, he and Jerry Reinsdorf put together a group to buy the Chicago White Sox. He at that point became friend with Verne Gagne and often attended the AWA shows in the city. In 1984, when Vince McMahon went national, Einhorn got back into wrestling and tried to work with the other leading promoters to band together against McMahon. Meetings were held in Chicago with the key promoters of the era, and Einhorn helped them get television in the Northeast as Pro Wrestling USA. The joke was that the promoters of that era, who were all used to calling their own shots, couldn’t agree on anything, even where to go for lunch. Very quickly, Jerry Jarrett and Bill Watts pulled out. Fritz Von Erich never came. And the united front consisted of Gagne and Jim Crockett Promotions, and they worked together for a short period of time, having some success early on before crowds dwindled with each appearance. Crockett, who had more money than Gagne, and booker Dusty Rhodes, would talk to Gagne’s key talent, most notably his biggest act at the time, the Road Warriors, and offered them more money to leave. Einhorn stayed out of the business end after that, but remained a fan well into the 90s

His obituary stories are the best thing across all of wrestling writing so I hope Meltzer does a full write up on him.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 7, 2016 -> 04:18 PM)
My guess is KO comes out and talks about not having an opponent for mania, and Sami comes out.

Is the Big Show crap over with? I'd love this.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Mar 7, 2016 -> 05:03 PM)
any background on this Sami guy? Why is he so well known / good?

He's the most over guy nxt ever had. Really good bumper and worker.

Sounds like his 2 out of 3 fall match vs Joe this Wednesday is pretty awesome.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Mar 7, 2016 -> 05:03 PM)
any background on this Sami guy? Why is he so well known / good?

He was a super well known Indy wrestler before he came to wwe. Him and Owens have a big history and Sami is probably the closest comparison you can have to Daniel Bryan.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Mar 7, 2016 -> 09:12 PM)
So, Y2J turns on AJ styles, I would think this guarantees a matchup at Wrestlemania cumulating their feud.

Not sure how I feel. Should be a great match, but we've seen a lot of this so far.

I'd be more interested in their mania match if they tagged after it was 1-1, lost tonight, Y2J turned, and mania was rubber match.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 8, 2016 -> 04:12 AM)
I thought the show was really good, particularly the matches.

Really wish Y2AJ got an extended run as a team. See no reason why they should continue feuding 1 on 1.

Can't believe they broke them up so soon after giving them shirts.

Yeah, I thought the show was average, started off so well.

The main event scene is horrible. I'm with the other poster who said Ambrose isn't doing much for me.

Just not working out at all. And he's the one I like the best out of Reigns / HHH.

Is it weird how Reigns is supposed to be the main event of WM, but isn't on the past two Raws? Why?