Penny and Carroll sent to Charlotte

flavum

Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 3m3 minutes ago

Sox reassign Brad Penny and Scott Carroll to minor league camp. Penny said he's good with going to Charlotte. Carroll headed there, too.

Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 3m3 minutes ago

Brad Penny said needs innings, wants to start season as a starter. Can't do that anywhere except at Charlotte w/ #WhiteSox rotation full.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 2, 2015 -> 05:17 PM)
Penny and Carroll have been reassigned to minor league camp.

i for 1 is surprise at both. for Carroll, i was really hoping that he would make the team. i hope the best for him.

for Penny, i owe the sox management an apology for now, i didn't they would have sent him down. now lets see how long he stays down or will he be back up in several weeks.

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 2, 2015 -> 01:18 PM)
i for 1 is surprise at both. for Carroll, i was really hoping that he would make the team. i hope the best for him.

for Penny, i owe the sox management an apology for now, i didn't they would have sent him down. now lets see how long he stays down or will he be back up in several weeks.

To me it was an easy decision at least on Penny because he had a disappointing spring. They want to see Drabek for a longer period of time, who has pretty good stuff, rather than exposing him to waivers again.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 2, 2015 -> 06:21 PM)
To me it was an easy decision at least on Penny because he had a disappointing spring. They want to see Drabek for a longer period of time, who has pretty good stuff, rather than exposing him to waivers again.

niceeee , i forgot about Drabek.

nice catch

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 2, 2015 -> 01:22 PM)
Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 7m7 minutes ago

Brian Anderson has officially been released by the White Sox

NOOOOOOOOO

Well there goes my sig then.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 2, 2015 -> 01:22 PM)
Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 7m7 minutes ago

Brian Anderson has officially been released by the White Sox

According to Reifort he was hurt a lot of spring training. They were all pulling for him, it just wasn't there.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 2, 2015 -> 08:46 PM)
According to Reifort he was hurt a lot of spring training. They were all pulling for him, it just wasn't there.

Did Brian get any at bats? His legacy is he couldn't hit big league pitching.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 2, 2015 -> 03:46 PM)

In my first disastrous play (thanks injuries!) of the '15 Sox in OOTP 16 I had BOTH Brian Anderson and Mitchell on my 2016 roster thanks to a devastating run of injuries and bad AI. I really want to like OOTP 16 but when you hit "auto fill roster" because half your lineup is out and guys like Mitchell and Anderson come up it really makes me dislike the game's AI. I really wish there was just an option to "never call up anyone over _____" and more s*** like that.

/rant

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 2, 2015 -> 04:02 PM)
In my first disastrous play (thanks injuries!) of the '15 Sox in OOTP 16 I had BOTH Brian Anderson and Mitchell on my 2016 roster thanks to a devastating run of injuries and bad AI. I really want to like OOTP 16 but when you hit "auto fill roster" because half your lineup is out and guys like Mitchell and Anderson come up it really makes me dislike the game's AI. I really wish there was just an option to "never call up anyone over _____" and more s*** like that.

/rant

Why don't you make those decisions your self? I mean, that is the point of the game.