Da Bears thread

southsider2k5

Guest hotsoxchick1
This is the WORST Bears team I can ever remember seeing. without question.

ya think they can call the 85 team out of retirement.. ill bet they can do a hellova lot better....... :D

That was the most pathetic display of NFL football by one team that I have seen in recent memory. Absolutely awful.

I couldn't help but feel sorry for Kordell Stewart considering his offensive line only gave him about 2 seconds each pass play to convert. And "A-Train" needs a new nickname. His running skills are worse than Rashaan Salaam's ever were. It's going to be a very long '03 Bears season.

That was the most pathetic display of NFL football by one team that I have seen in recent memory. Absolutely awful.

I couldn't help but feel sorry for Kordell Stewart considering his offensive line only gave him about 2 seconds each pass play to convert. And "A-Train" needs a new nickname. His running skills are worse than Rashaan Salaam's ever were. It's going to be a very long '03 Bears season.

The bears have proven they are clueless with drafting running backs. :angry:

How u go from a team that was 12-4 2 seasons ago to the 1 that lost to da 49ers today beats the hell out of me. Honestly, even though Miller was coming back from an injury, u guys should have kept him instead Stewart who was cut from Pittsburgh for obvious reasons. Every1 knows Jauron and his staff and gonna get canned for that LSU guy Saban? for 04. Anyways, my Boys didn't start of the season well either losing to the Vick-less Falcons. Parcells will turn this team around if we can get a pass rush and some pressure up the middle. I'm glad he gave Quincy another chance though instead of Chad "no idea what I'm doing in da pocket" Hutchison. But it looks like these 2 teams could have top 5 picks again in da off - season.

How u go from a team that was 12-4 2 seasons ago to the 1 that lost to da 49ers today beats the hell out of me. Honestly, even though Miller was coming back from an injury, u guys should have kept him instead Stewart who was cut from Pittsburgh for obvious reasons. Every1 knows Jauron and his staff and gonna get canned for that LSU guy Saban? for 04. Anyways, my Boys didn't start of the season well either losing to the Vick-less Falcons. Parcells will turn this team around if we can get a pass rush and some pressure up the middle. I'm glad he gave Quincy another chance though instead of Chad "no idea what I'm doing in da pocket" Hutchison. But it looks like these 2 teams could have top 5 picks again in da off - season.

Psst, it was 13-3. ;)

Lets see here. Where should I start.

Last season it was injuries, but losing Rosy Colvin to FA and giving Ted Washington to the Pats for nothing at f***ing all totally f***ed up our defense. We have a shell of the O-Line that was so good at protecting Miller in '01. We got rid of Miller & replaced him with Kordell Stewart, a mother f***er that I watched and laughed at when he played for the Steelers. This fairy is so fragile that you put one good lick on him early & he's toast the whole rest of the day. I told anyone that would listen that this f***-up was going to be a disaster for us. Vindication is tragically funny this Monday morning.

There's more, but I don't have 3 weeks to type it all out.

Like I said before........Just think kiddies, we have 15 more drubbings like the opener to look forward to. We are the new Detroit Lions.

I've always maintained that the '01 Bears 13-3 season was the absolute WORST thing that could have happened to an extremely average team. All the '01 Bears did was win a schedule against mostly below average teams. After '01, when the Bears should have been pursuing proven QB's like Bledsoe, cheap-skate Owner McCaskey figured that Miller could do the job for less money..... after all, he went 13-3 in '01. Since then, the Bears have had a playoff team caliber schedule and have played like a AA Division College Team.

The Bears have been exposed as the frauds of the '01 Playoff Class.

• 1 year later...
Um yeah, the Bears loss today doesn't look so bad compared to last year does it?

This team is at least going to be more interesting to follow than last year's joke.

Personally I think its a worse loss than this time last year. Your at home against a team that previously lost 24 straight on the road.

Personally I think its a worse loss than this time last year. Your at home against a team that previously lost 24 straight on the road.

No it wasn't really that bad.

We lost on a blocked FG that got taken to the house.

Doesn't make us a bad team...

Freak. Play.

Plus we're playing younger (inexperienced) guys. Not freaking Kordell Stewart. And it's our first game with a new coach and system. We should see more progression this year.

Personally I think you'll hav a the same year as Jacksonville did last season. You've got a brutal schedule early, but you'll win some games later on in the year and finish 5-11.

I concede that the Bears will finish with one of the worst records in football this year, but god damn, Wannstedt and Jauron never had it so good...

DE Alex Brown, Michael Haynes

DT Tommie Harris

DT Tank Johnson

DE Adawale Ogunleye

LB Lance Briggs

LB Brian Urlacher

LB Joe Odom

CB Charles Tillman

FS Mike Brown

SS Bobby Gray, Mike Green

CB Nathan Vasher, Jerry Azumah

That is some core. This is how I would draft in 2005:

1st Round: Top CB available. I'm thinking that we'll get the #4 or #5 overall pick in the draft. I foresee us trading down a couple slots for extra picks & still getting the best CB in all of college football.

2nd Round: Best LB available. There should be some damn good ones available here. We might have an extra pick here depending on what we do in the first round.

3rd Round: Kicker. Edinger scares the s*** out of me. We could have a couple extra picks here if we [A] trade Anthony Thomas for a 3rd rounder and trade down a couple slots in the draft next year.

If we're going to go after an expensive free agent this offseason, it ought to be another offensive lineman. We should also sign a reclamation project or two at the WR slots. Hopefully, one of these fullbacks (McKie, Johnson) works out, or otherwise, we'll have to make that position a priority in the offseason.

And if we somehow land the #1 or #2 overall pick, I honestly wouldn't be opposed to drafting a QB. That's just how I feel. :huh

Hey, this ain't the Sports Bar. :ph34r:

1st Round: Top CB available.  I'm thinking that we'll get the #4 or #5 overall pick in the draft.  I foresee us trading down a couple slots for extra picks & still getting the best CB in all of college football.

A CB or WR will probably be the main positions to go after for the Bears. The Cowboys have 2 1st round picks in the 2005 draft, so if you have a top 5 pick and want to trade down, maybe there's a deal there, but I'd think Parcells and Jones would want the top CB on the board as well.

A CB or WR will probably be the main positions to go after for the Bears. The Cowboys have 2 1st round picks in the 2005 draft, so if you have a top 5 pick and want to trade down, maybe there's a deal there, but I'd think Parcells and Jones would want the top CB on the board as well.

Losman will be well worth it too ;)

Edited by witesoxfan