White Sox @ Royals 1:10 CT

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 01:54 PM)
No one cares in the Chicago media right now. The focus will turn to the NBA playoffs, Blackhawks and Bears draft.

Yeah, you're right.

Living here in China, I'm kind of isolated from that echo chamber.

One thing is for certain, though....when you have a child, your perspective about the White Sox starting a season 0-3 changes remarkably.

I'm not really even that upset like I would have been in the past. Just kind of....well, been here, done that, nothing new. 2011 should have taught us not to get TOO excited about this team ahead of its 2016-2019 timetable.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 01:49 PM)
That most definitely WON'T happen.

There won't be any knee jerk reactions from Hahn...not in the first week of the season.

And they're 100% not in a position to add to the payroll.

Bringing up Rodon won't add anything significant to payroll. Let him start a couple of games at Charlotte. If he is lights out, bring him up. If Sox continue playing like this, someone here (LDF?) will soon be talking about the 2016 draft class.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 01:56 PM)
Oh no, this 0-3 made me realize some fans may be calling for the Sox to lose as many games as possible to get a better draft pick. NOOoooooooooooo. Please nooooooooo.

Greg, stop. The season's way too early for "trade deadline" or firesale talk.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 08:56 PM)
Oh no, this 0-3 made me realize some fans may be calling for the Sox to lose as many games as possible to get a better draft pick. NOOoooooooooooo. Please nooooooooo.

Not at all, but I must tell you, it's awful that the Sox got Rodon cause they sucked so bad a few years ago. If only they won a few more games, they could have taken Kyle Freeland. Who's Kyle Freeland? Exactly

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 02:54 PM)
No one cares in the Chicago media right now. The focus will turn to the NBA playoffs, Blackhawks and Bears draft.

And that 3rd baseman currently exiled in Des Moines. What's his name again? Brian Chris?

QUOTE (Baron @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 08:57 PM)
It'll be a miserable season. You enjoy those.

Heck no, I want them to compete this year and think they should be able to. If they were to just suck this year, I think it would be crippling to the fan base.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 08:58 PM)
And that 3rd baseman currently exiled in Des Moines. What's his name again? Brian Chris?

Isn't he coming up from Iowa to fix the toilets at Wrigley while curing Lester's throwing issues?

QUOTE (oldsox @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 01:57 PM)
Bringing up Rodon won't add anything significant to payroll. Let him start a couple of games at Charlotte. If he is lights out, bring him up. If Sox continue playing like this, someone here (LDF?) will soon be talking about the 2016 draft class.

As soon as flavum gives up with his mathematical projections of what we'd need to do to make a run at first place, that's when it is time to give up, lol.

I'm sure depending on how Danks/Noesi fare and how Rodon's looking...reality might come sooner rather than later for one of them. Probably Noesi, due to payroll considerations.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 02:56 PM)

Better than having irrational fans blame beards for things going wrong.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 02:59 PM)
Heck no, I want them to compete this year and think they should be able to. If they were to just suck this year, I think it would be crippling to the fan base.

For sure. Plus that would put everyone's head of the block ready for a clean sweep. Basically what happened to Marc Trestman last year. Dont win get fired.