GAME THREAD 4/10, MIN @ SOX

cabiness42

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 03:45 PM)
Edit: I guess you can have AVI DH and Emilio play RF

There it is.

To clarify BTW, LaRoche's OPS+ against lefties is not 77. That's his tOPS+, which just scales around a given player's baseline. So he's at 107 against R and 77 against L, which comes out to 100. His OPS+ is probably a lot closer to his wRC+ over at Fangraphs, which is 89.

Edited by shysocks

QUOTE (shysocks @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 03:48 PM)
There it is.

To clarify BTW, LaRoche's OPS+ against lefties is not 77. That's his tOPS+, which just scales around a given player's baseline. So he's at 107 against R and 77 against L, which comes out to 100. His OPS+ is probably a lot closer to his wRC+ over at Fangraphs, which is 89.

So against LHP we want:

C-Flowers

1B- Abreu

2B- Johnson

3B- Beckham

SS- Ramirez

LF- Melky

CF- Eaton

RF- Emilio

DH- Avi

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 04:45 PM)
I agree but how many people are going to be pissed if you see Beckham or Sanchez playing DH? You don't want Emilio in the DH role because he has versatility. You don't want Soto DHing because of the lack of bench catcher. So you have Beckham or Sanchez and I expect Sanchez to be gone here soon

Edit: I guess you can have AVI DH and Emilio play RF

I will not be pissed if Beckham or Bonifacio are DHing on days where there is a lefty starter. We have multiple ways that we could still make the lineup work even if Sanchez is sent down soon and even if someone gets hurt.

But yeah, Avi DHing works just fine those days too.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 04:50 PM)
So against LHP we want:

C-Flowers

1B- Abreu

2B- Johnson

3B- Beckham

SS- Ramirez

LF- Melky

CF- Eaton

RF- Emilio

DH- Avi

You can fiddle around with it, put someone else at DH for a day off or whatever, but yeah, that's basically who I'd have out there as the lineup against lefties. It takes out your 2 terrible platoon split guys.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 04:51 PM)
[nothing too good to Mauer here

Do you really, honestly think that Mauer will not knock in this run?

I'd like to be proven wrong but we've watched Mauer drive in this run for like 10 years.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 03:51 PM)
You can fiddle around with it, put someone else at DH for a day off or whatever, but yeah, that's basically who I'd have out there as the lineup against lefties. It takes out your 2 terrible platoon split guys.

I agree with you but I know there would be guys on here complaining about the lack of power in the line up lol

QUOTE (Baron @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 09:53 PM)
I think he's trying to throw balls...that's the only explanation I have

I just don't think he's very good. He's a bad fit for this ballpark as well with his tendency to give up the long ball.