GAME THREAD 4/10, MIN @ SOX

cabiness42

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 10:13 PM)
Seeing Eaton barely run down the line is a weird site. Unfortunately, if he ran harder, you make that play much tougher for Dozier.

And god damn it...

Well, if he did run harder, he probably hurts himself

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 05:14 PM)
There's a place for agression on the base paths and then there's stupidity. Micah's been f***ing stupid every time he's gotten on.

I'll give him a bit of a break since he's a rookie, he shouldn't get to decide on the green light on his own.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 10:14 PM)
There's a place for agression on the base paths and then there's stupidity. Micah's been f***ing stupid every time he's gotten on.

Nothing like ensuring Abreu doesn't get an AB without a RISP.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 10:15 PM)
I'll give him a bit of a break since he's a rookie, he shouldn't get to decide on the green light on his own.

It really shouldn't be that surprising, he was horrible on the bases last year though.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 02:16 PM)
I think I'd rather go play video games than watch this game right now...it's brutal.

well, my options are either watch the game or do work. work is looking pretty good right about now.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 04:15 PM)
Great aggressive play by Micah, it could have been called by Robin, either way the only way this team scores is if he steal 3rd base.

Hawk was talking earlier how Coleman would try to steal 3rd every chance he got. The only want to steal 3rd is going on 1st move. I am sure Coleman has told him to be aggressive. s*** happens, he will learn.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 10:18 PM)
Hawk was talking earlier how Coleman would try to steal 3rd every chance he got. The only want to steal 3rd is going on 1st move. I am sure Coleman has told him to be aggressive. s*** happens, he will learn.

As will the opposition

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 05:15 PM)
It really shouldn't be that surprising, he was horrible on the bases last year though.

Rookies, especially rookies who you can convincingly say could have started the year at AAA and spent most of the year there, are going to be rough on the basepaths and make mistakes. I'm expecting that. Monday's putout at first, completely what I expect. Getting picked off stealing 3rd...he should only IMO be going when there's a "Go" sign from the dugout.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 09:19 PM)
Rookies, especially rookies who you can convincingly say could have started the year at AAA and spent most of the year there, are going to be rough on the basepaths and make mistakes. I'm expecting that. Monday's putout at first, completely what I expect. Getting picked off stealing 3rd...he should only IMO be going when there's a "Go" sign from the dugout.

Yep, he has to show some instincts out there. If he almost gets picked off, he should really shorten his lead a bit. If Abreu is on deck with 1 out, don't do anything dumb. At this point, Abreu is steroid-era Barry Bonds compared to the rest of the team.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 05:18 PM)

Believe it or not both of Micah's POs were when he was going on first move, there is absolutely nothing someone can do if the pitcher decides to throw over. Just RUN like hell

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 04:20 PM)
Was I seeing things, or is Ramirez wearing Minnie Minoso's jersey?

You're seeing things...unless you can time travel.

Yeah he is.