GAME THREAD 4/10, MIN @ SOX

cabiness42

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 05:55 PM)
So be honest...you feel this team was adequately prepared for the season coming out of spring training? They were ready to go on day 1?

If I'm being honest, I have no idea because I'm not in the locker room. Clearly something went wrong but these are professional athletes. They should be able to handle some things themselves.

Put it this way: you have to stretch and speculate to blame Robin. Doesn't take much imagination to blame all the dudes hitting ****ing .100.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 10:05 PM)
If they all shaved, I could see them pulling off a ten game winning streak.

You got to admit, the beards don't look good when a team is this bad (so far). At least admit that.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 10:07 PM)
The laid back comfort zone with Ventura has to end, Sox have no sense of urgency ever under Ventura.

I don't particularly like Robin, but this is a cliche you are aware. We had the fiery, crazy Ozzie and people wanted him gone. Now we have the laid back Robin and we're going to hear more and more about how we need fire.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 10:51 PM)
We have 0 quality starts and 4 guys we're counting on for offense (Eaton, Melky, LaRoche, Alexei) with what, 4 hits combined?

I'm finding it very difficult to blame Robin for this.

I didn't want to disagree with the offseason euphoria, but I did dispress my displeasure at the Melky acquisition and the LaRoche signing scared me because he's old by today's standards.

Not giving up, but I agree with those fans who just booed that pathetic throw by Flowers.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 05:59 PM)
You got to admit, the beards don't look good when a team is this bad (so far). At least admit that.

I don't particularly like Robin, but this is a cliche you are aware. We had the fiery, crazy Ozzie and people wanted him gone. Now we have the laid back Robin and we're going to hear more and more about how we need fire.

I didn't want to disagree with the offseason euphoria, but I did dispress my displeasure at the Melky acquisition and the LaRoche signing scared me because he's old by today's standards.

Not giving up, but I agree with those fans who just booed that pathetic throw by Flowers.

Did a man with a beard scare you at some point in your life. You seem to have this odd thing with beards.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 05:56 PM)
Wanting a change in manager is a hard argument to win.

Robin is a bad manager. He just is.

I don't even disagree with you, I think he's subpar. But this can't all be on him.