GAME THREAD 4/10, MIN @ SOX

cabiness42

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 05:08 PM)
Here comes the Pearl Harbor threads

It will be the biggest test of Ventura's managerial career since late 2012.

Who knows if he's up to it or not?

This does provide the media with even more opportunities to bring up "Rodon to the Rescue" scenario. There's that.

And Lets not forget The Twinkies were late coming to Chicago after that big rain delay yesterday in Detroit.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 04:13 PM)
Can someone describe what happened?

Eaton tried to tag from 3rd on a soft fly ball to LF. LFer threw home, catcher tagged him, then Eaton ripped the ball out of his glove, hahahaha.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 11:11 PM)
Holy cow, this team is so freaking dumb. Way to tag for no reason.

Here's another reason I want to punch the wall, scream and freak out on here.

Too many things the Sox do we shrug off as "no big deal. It wouldn't have mattered."

You f***ing do not tag up, down six runs!!!! What a pathetic play by Eaton. Why the f*** would you try to score on that except for, "it didn't matter anyway. We weren't going to win."

This team desperately needs a mulligan as Hawk said to re-start the season.

But Robin can't yell at the guys or turn over tables in the clubhouse. Nobody can do anything because "baseball is a marathon."

yeah, sit back and try to score down 6-0 in the ninth inning on a shallow fly ball to left. PATHETIC, EATON!

p.s. great take by fathom.

Edited by greg775

I always break the season into sixths. 27 games is a decent sample size.

If they can't get to double-digit wins after 27, then it's over. Until then, I'm going to hold out for a turnaround--because it's too damn early to give up.

But man this sucks ass.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 07:14 PM)
Eaton tried to tag from 3rd on a soft fly ball to LF. LFer threw home, catcher tagged him, then Eaton ripped the ball out of his glove, hahahaha.

Better than that, as Eaton was sliding the catcher's mitt was right in front of him so he literally grabbed the catcher's mitt and pulled it off.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 06:15 PM)
Here's another reason I want to punch the wall, scream and freak out on here.

Too many things the Sox do we shrug off as "no big deal. It wouldn't have mattered."

You f***ing do not tag up, down six runs!!!! What a pathetic play by Eaton. Why the f*** would you try to score on that except for, "it didn't matter anyway. We weren't going to win."

This team desperately needs a mulligan as Hawk said to re-start the season.

But Robin can't yell at the guys or turn over tables in the clubhouse. Nobody can do anything because "baseball is a marathon."

yeah, sit back and try to score down 6-0 in the ninth inning on a shallow fly ball to left. PATHETIC, EATON!

p.s. great take by fathom.

And Micah getting picked off down 4 the other day. Robin is dead wood man. He doesn't have the team ready. At. All.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 04:16 PM)
Better than that, as Eaton was sliding the catcher's mitt was right in front of him so he literally grabbed the catcher's mitt and pulled it off.

yeah it was pretty incredible, hahaha. SUCH HEART. SO GRINDER! WOW!

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 07:17 PM)
And Micah getting picked off down 4 the other day. Robin is dead wood man. He doesn't have the team ready. At. All.

Again, Micah getting picked off I sorta expect. He's a rookie who was rushed upwards at least somewhat. If you're going to play rookies, you have to be ready to take the bad along with the good. He's going to make stupid mental errors multiple times this season, that's one I'm going to tolerate. Even the greatest coach in human history on the bench and the rookie 2b with 1 year above A-ball is going to make some mistakes.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 06:17 PM)
Sure, we'll have the "stop overreacting" posters come here, but these are four interdivisional games. They could make a difference at the end of the year.

Team looks horrid 0-4 in division not good.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 07:18 PM)
Look at the lineup. Aside from MJ, who is actually playing well, these guys are all veterans.

I don't think Ventura is a good manager, I think he's average at best, but I've been around athletes enough that a manager shouldn't have to be responsible for "getting guys ready to play". It's something for media and fans to write and complain about, but does a Robin Ventura speech or basic fundamental drills before the game really going to get guys like Eaton, Melky, LaRoche to all hit? If that's the case, we got the wrong players.

Well LaRoche shouldn't have been in the lineup against a lefty today but that's a different matter.

Tony:

I agree pro athletes don't need the rah rah horse s***. That's why they are pro athletes.

THAT SAID:

This is the 4rd roster for Ventura and the 3rd one that plays sloppy, poor fundamental baseball. Guys are simply TOO RELAXED. After Ozzie, Ventura felt like a breath of fresh air -- problem is, the stench has returned and with all the roster turnover the past few years the one constant has been Robin.

Adam Eaton is not that dumb, something has these guys not prepared and I'm going to go ahead and blame the manager. I've seen more than enough.

Edited by chitownsportsfan