Ron Gardenhire

Y2Jimmy0

QUOTE (black jack @ Apr 11, 2015 -> 12:26 AM)
This team has taken the on the personality of their manager.

Get used to emotionless beat downs.

The whole AL Central is our Nolan Ryan.

My thoughts exactly. F the sabremetrics, give me a guy with some gumption and leadership ability. Ventura has displayed neither as a manager. Hell, he batted Adam Dunn in the 3 hole for 2+ years. That right there tells me enough.

QUOTE (black jack @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 11:26 PM)
This team has taken the on the personality of their manager.

Get used to emotionless beat downs.

The whole AL Central is our Nolan Ryan.

LMAO.

And your Nolan Ryan reference totally contradicts the rest of your post. Explain if Robin is so emotionless, how he went after Nolan Ryan.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 11, 2015 -> 06:28 AM)
LMAO.

And your Nolan Ryan reference totally contradicts the rest of your post. Explain if Robin is so emotionless, how he went after Nolan Ryan.

He felt he had no choice, but didnt exactly wholeheartedly charge either...he was hesitant at first.

The appropriate manager for this team is out there somewhere, but it's not Ozzie.

Unfortunately, with each passing day, it doesn't look like Robin either. Just the wrong fit for a team that hasn't won or done anything. I see a guy who'd rather be friends with the players than hold them accountable.

Horizons need to be expanded - someone from outside the "family" would be refreshing.

Ventura just didn't have any experience when he took the job. The problem isn't that he's not "emotional" enough.

Don't need fossils like Gardenhire or hothead heroes like Gibson.

Just an manager who has a strong resume on ML benches and who has the leadership and personality to handle a ML team....for the next time we're in need of a manager.