4/11 - Twins vs White Sox

flavum

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 11, 2015 -> 01:51 PM)
Lots of rash and pedantic comments in the game thread. I know that's to be expected but dear god some of you need to get a hold of yourselves. Teams go through ruts, the Sox came out flat when there was a lot of excitement. That doesn't mean everything that was said last week is now null and void. I am not fleeing anytime soon and I don't care how many fans are at the stadium.

If this was early June it would be different. Since it is the first week and the first time really seeing this team it makes it 10x worse then what it should be

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 11, 2015 -> 01:46 PM)
Since the choke job to end 2012, Ventura has struggled to get this team to play consistently well. Now that he has better talent, you can't let them fall too far behind without shaking things up.

The Sox had no business even contending for a playoff spot in 2012 in my opinion, and the past two years things have been in rebuild mode and he has had some of the fewest talent at his disposal ever since he became the manager of the club. Even when in 2013 and 2013, Robin has showed his ability to put his players in a position to succeed, he just didn't have the horses to win the race (The 2014 Bullpen) and he has shown that he can develop some players along the way. This is a team that is still learning how to play together and their best player hasn't taken the field yet. So simmer down over there.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 11, 2015 -> 01:46 PM)
Since the choke job to end 2012, Ventura has struggled to get this team to play consistently well. Now that he has better talent, you can't let them fall too far behind without shaking things up.

The Sox had no business even contending for a playoff spot in 2012 in my opinion, and the past two years things have been in rebuild mode and he has had some of the fewest talent at his disposal ever since he became the manager of the club. Even when in 2013 and 2013, Robin has showed his ability to put his players in a position to succeed, he just didn't have the horses to win the race (The 2014 Bullpen) and he has shown that he can develop some players along the way. This is a team that is still learning how to play together and their best player hasn't taken the field yet. So simmer down over there.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 11, 2015 -> 01:55 PM)
Eaton with a real slow start

I don't know that this is in any way to blame, but I saw an interview Eaton gave last night that said his goal this season is to hit double digit home runs. I don't like that thinking for him. He does better when he is spraying line drives, not trying to lift. Whether he's been trying to hit them out in these games, I have no idea, but he needs to just keep the same approach last year.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Apr 11, 2015 -> 12:54 PM)

Which position players has he helped to develop?

Abreu? Conor? Eaton?

Can he honestly take credit for that?

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Apr 11, 2015 -> 12:54 PM)

Which position players has he helped to develop?

Abreu? Conor? Eaton?

Can he honestly take credit for that?

Does he get the blame as well if Semien makes the All-Star team for OAK?