Ventura on his job status

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 18, 2015 -> 02:05 PM)
So I watched my recording of the game yesterday, and I must admit, CSN's cameras really did not show it very well. Their cameras suck compared to the ones that the Tigers were using. In the DET feed, you can easily see the tag as the video slows down clearly. CSN's video was blurry. So I'm guessing that the Sox guys who felt he was never tagged must have been getting that from the CSN feed. Even Hawk and Stoney said he missed the tag because they are watching the CSN feed.

I always thought both teams used the same cameras for a non-national game, but the producers for each broadcast chose the shots. Apparently I have no clue about how it works.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 7s8 seconds ago

Hahn strongly supported Ventura as manager, not really a vote of confidence as much as Robin is the manager and done a good job w/personnel

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 8s8 seconds ago

Hahn also echoed Ventura's sentiment that they messed up the replay situation Friday and steps have been taken to change their process

@scottmerkin · 12m 12 minutes ago

And when I said Hahn wasn't a vote of confidence, it's because it wasn't needed. He is 100 percent behind the job being done by Ventura

@scottmerkin · 33m 33 minutes ago

Hahn: "I don’t think anyone could reasonably expect any pitcher a year out of college to make 32 starts and average six innings a start. "

I'm calling it now. Robin and the Sox will "mutually part ways" after the 2015 season. They will do whatever it takes to make his departure classy. There is no chance he will get fired in the middle of the season. The Hawks were bold to do it to Savard, but they also had Quinville lined up waiting. I don't think the Sox are as bold and they most likely don't currently have a manager lined up to replace RV.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 12:43 AM)
I'm calling it now. Robin and the Sox will "mutually part ways" after the 2015 season. They will do whatever it takes to make his departure classy. There is no chance he will get fired in the middle of the season. The Hawks were bold to do it to Savard, but they also had Quinville lined up waiting. I don't think the Sox are as bold and they most likely don't currently have a manager lined up to replace RV.

imo, they should have done it last yr, when Maddon was avail.

http://m.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article/119...mains-in-dugout

"There is also a personnel management side of the game that most people aren't privy to," said Hahn of Ventura. "You guys as media members see some of it, but not all of it. And the strengths in that area are very high and very strong and something we are very pleased with."

"That's part of the job," Ventura said. "The focus for me is what we're doing and how to make it better and turn it around. Stuff on the outside is always going to be there regardless. Even if we're winning, there will be criticism and things like that. The focus is in here and trying to turn it around, not kind of the outside stuff."

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Sockin @ May 1, 2015 -> 09:53 PM)
Heyman says Ventura's extension that he signed is through 2016.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-he...kees-more-notes

if his job not at jeopardy, then why mention let alone give out the length of his contract?

i am serious about this. it doesn't make any sense, esp with the history of the sox management not bending to outside the org pressure.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2015 -> 09:48 PM)
There's no way Hahn can just sit on his ass and watch this team continue to suck in every aspect of the game and keep trotting Ventura out there.

Problem is Williams has final say and it time his ass goes along with Ventura.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 2, 2015 -> 03:57 AM)
No chance Ventura can survive this weekend if we lose one or both of the next two

I'm thinking if they lose their next 5 games, things could get interesting (that would include a Tigers sweep)

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2015 -> 07:48 PM)
There's no way Hahn can just sit on his ass and watch this team continue to suck in every aspect of the game and keep trotting Ventura out there.

I'm not defending Ventura but he sure has hell didn't bring back that worthless f*** Flowers. He didn't tell Chris Sale to start overthrowing and getting shelled, either. And he didn't sign Samardzija who's had what, one good game?

But RV sure as hell isn't getting through to these guys. We've had a player's manager for 11 years now. Yes, it got a WS. But maybe it's time to go old school.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 1, 2015 -> 10:04 PM)
I'm not defending Ventura but he sure has hell didn't bring back that worthless f*** Flowers. He didn't tell Chris Sale to start overthrowing and getting shelled, either. And he didn't sign Samardzija who's had what, one good game?

But RV sure as hell isn't getting through to these guys. We've had a player's manager for 11 years now. Yes, it got a WS. But maybe it's time to go old school.

He isn't the entire problem but I (like many people) have known that Robin for whatever reason is not a MLB manager. Now we are really seeing his failures as we spent money to make a contender but he produces the same mentally weak/lethargic material.

Im ready to start over.....GM gets only through 2016, whole new major league coaching staff including Cooper...no more Bell...Hawk/Stone break up, Boyer and Rongey gone.

Hawk stays with Paciorek or also gone...otherwise, new/younger blood needed going forward.

Farmer and DJ can stay, dont have strong feelings either way on that one.

Oh, and Melton put out to pasture as well.

Edited by caulfield12