4/14 - White sox vs Indians

flavum

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 02:14 PM)
Do not forget situational late game PH ABs and situational postseason PH ABs

all of these are to be given to Beckham. Even if he is starting.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 02:14 PM)
Do not forget situational late game PH ABs and situational postseason PH ABs

Yes but that is limited. He isn't going to bat for Eaton, Cabrera, Abreu, Garcia, Ramirez. And not a lot of teams have more than 1 or 2 LH relievers.

He is going to have to face RHP, and as I predicted, the first time he starts against a RHP, the not being used properly posts would accumulate.

If all he can face is LHP, he is a waste of a roster spot.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 01:18 PM)
Yes but that is limited. He isn't going to bat for Eaton, Cabrera, Abreu, Garcia, Ramirez. And not a lot of teams have more than 1 or 2 LH relievers.

Alright, well my whole thing is lets not write the story on this til it actually happens. I'll determine waste of $3M this year once the year is over. If you have a win now year then the non Conor ABs and the non Micah ABs are a concern for a depth less team with so-so ready now farm talent that can step in. Sanchez & Micah are something you hope will pan out but for a win-now roster with FAs, they were not at any point going to be the only answer.

Edited by Jose Paniagua

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 02:20 PM)
Alright, well my whole thing is lets not write the story on this til it actually happens. I'll determine waste of $3M this year once the year is over. If you have a win now year then the non Conor ABs and the non Micah ABs are a concern for a depth less team with so-so ready now farm talent.

Bonifacio is going to play because things happen. But he is not going to be able to exclusively face LHP. That is impossible.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 02:18 PM)

He is going to have to face RHP, and as I predicted, the first time he starts against a RHP, the not being used properly posts would accumulate.

If all he can face is LHP, he is a waste of a roster spot.

Okay, but the problem is that after today all he'll have faced is RHP, a condition under which he's even more of a waste. The posts are accumulating because they're correct.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 02:05 PM)
His value is in giving every day guys a day off all over the diamond. In fact, I probably would have started him today in CF. Given Adam another day to clear his head. Clearly Ventura doesn't know how to use him and yea, it's frustrating.

That is clear to you through 3.7% of the season?

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 02:55 PM)
I am the only who doesn't have the Sox listed on WPWR tonight? I am trying to DVR it but it doesn't seem to be an option. It's showing Law & Order and Family Feud during the Sox hours. I have Comcast if that makes a difference.

Looking at my comcast listings on line, I do not see anything about the Sox game either.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 02:59 PM)
It's a classic. He's bashing Robin for playing him, yet saying he would play him tonight in CF.

Finally the post that puts you on my ignore. Took you long enough. You're the master of strawman arguments and I'm tired of knocking them down. If you can't see the difference between using a super sub with platoon advantages to give regulars days off over the course of the season verse starting him over your promising rookie (with no platoon advantage as well) in game 7 after an off day -- well f*** off.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 03:05 PM)
Finally the post that puts you on my ignore. Took you long enough. You're the master of strawman arguments and I'm tired of knocking them down. If you can't see the difference between using a super sub with platoon advantages to give regulars days off over the course of the season verse starting him over your promising rookie (with no platoon advantage as well) in game 7 after an off day -- well f*** off.

LMAO. Knock down arguments? You bashed Robin for playing Beckham in game 2, 2-4 rbi and a run. You bashed Robin for giving Beckham ABs. 3-8 hr, 3 rbi. You say Robin has the energy of an obese 80 year old and that could be a problem, then in the Ventura thread say his demeanor has nothing to do with your dislike. And no surprise, you bash Robin for PH for Soto with Shuck. Seems Robin is doing a lot better managing than you. So if he doesn't know what he is doing............

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 06:58 PM)
Can't say enough what an amazing job Hahn did fixing pretty much every weakness, including bench utility guy.

Man, you think our roster is that good? I would beg to differ. Every weakness is fixed on this team?

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 03:18 PM)
I had no idea Carrasco's pitched as well as he has since the ASB last year. He has a 1.59 ERA in that time with more K than IP.

When they gave him the contract extension I was very confused, but then I saw those stats and it made a lot more sense.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 01:48 PM)
If Bonifacio can only or should only play against LHP, approximately 80% of pitchers are RH, so he should start, if used properly by the experts here, 32 or 33 games a season.

If being used properly means you can only bat against 1 or 2 or 3 pitchers on a staff, what a waste of $4 million.

don't forget the fact that RV should not allow a rookie to get comfortable by playing him consistently. The focus shouldn't be about how to get the backups the best matchups. It should be about how to get the rookie comfortable in the MLB.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 04:51 PM)
don't forget the fact that RV should not allow a rookie to get comfortable by playing him consistently. The focus shouldn't be about how to get the backups the best matchups. It should be about how to get the rookie comfortable in the MLB.

Does this mean you're mad at Robin for not playing Micah today?

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 11:51 AM)
6 walks is pretty pathetic.

No kidding.

@JeffPassan: Eight players by themselves have at least as many walks (six) as all of the Chicago White Sox thus far. Sox's plate discipline is wretched

There is so much more information that goes into daily lineup construction than R/L match ups, and we aren't privy to ANY of this information. Somebody touched on illness & injury nicely and that probably constitutes 1/100th of the information unavailable to us usually.

I mean like bro...what if there's a plan or something to beat Carrasco? "Na dude, lefties hit righties better so case closed". GMAFB

What if the brass feels carrasco isn't the best thing for MJ's confidence? So many variables.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 04:53 PM)
I wonder if the White Sox channel is mapped to 729 on Directv EI. There are 2 channels, 729 and 730. 730 says Indians Broadcast, but 729 doesn't have any indication.

From seeing this for the first few days, usually the one that doesn't say will be the other team so it should be White Sox