4/15 - White Sox vs Indians

flavum

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 02:11 PM)
The managerial decisions in that 9th inning were abysmal. I don't care if Eaton did that on his own. If you're the manager, you tell the batter you don't f***ing bunt with 2 strikes twice.

Eaton's head is up his ass. Robin should have saved him from himself if that was the case. I don't know what's worse -- that Robin either called for the bunt -- or that he didn't give the "SWING THE f*** AWAY" sign with 2 strikes.

Seriously, pick one and either way it's retarded.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 02:13 PM)
Eaton's head is up his ass. Robin should have saved him from himself if that was the case. I don't know what's worse -- that Robin either called for the bunt -- or that he didn't give the "SWING THE f*** AWAY" sign with 2 strikes.

Seriously, pick one and either way it's retarded.

In that situation, don't look for the bunt, look for the walk. Allen was wild. That should have been evident since he walked and hit a batter just before that.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 02:14 PM)
In that situation, don't look for the bunt, look for the walk. Allen was wild. That should have been evident since he walked and hit a batter just before that.

Yea I'm with ya. I wanted to see a drag bunt attempt at 0-0 and then swing away. but it was clear that wasn't the plan, it looked like a pure sacrifice call from Robin.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 01:12 PM)
What an abysmal performance today. Thankfully the season is 162 games long but my god just so many inexcusable decisions and performances today. The first game RV is not our manager can not come soon enough.

Unfortunately, RV is a handicap we'll need to get used to. Not likely going anywhere anytime soon.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 02:16 PM)
Cabrera at least made solid contact....Jose Ramirez is just a beast at SS.

Along with Iglesias, Escobar and Santana, four nice-looking young talents in the AL Central.

That was a huge play. It should have been first and third with a run in.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 02:16 PM)
Cabrera at least made solid contact....Jose Ramirez is just a beast at SS.

Along with Iglesias, Escobar and Santana, four nice-looking young talents in the AL Central.

That's true. Even if that would've been a hit, chances are that Abreu and LaRoche wouldn't have driven him in anyway.

Eaton may be he dumbest baseball player to ever roam the earth. Crashing into the wall on a ball that was not catchable last year was my first indication, getting thrown out at home to end a game you are 6 runs down in was another and today is just icing on the cake.

Cabreara is not doing the things he was brought in to do but then eaton is not helping him

Abreu looks a 20 year old that is mystified by the breaking pitch

Garcia better have some reason why he could not bat today.

The offense really should have pounded the ball yesterday and then today after bauer left.

Again this team was not ready for the season to start and still is not.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 02:16 PM)
Out of curiosity, anyone know what the win probability stats say about bunting with Eaton there?? (And please ignore the two strike bunt, everyone else knows how bad of an idea that was)

The bunt usually increases the chance of scoring one run and slightly lowers the chance of scoring more than 1 -- aka winning in this case. It was indefensible decision, especially given how wild the pitcher was.

And that's with a SUCCESSFUL sac bunt. Something Eaton has never done well. Putting him in that spot is RETARDED. f*** off RV.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 02:18 PM)
Eaton may be he dumbest baseball player to ever roam the earth. Crashing into the wall on a ball that was not catchable last year was my first indication, getting thrown out at home to end a game you are 6 runs down in was another and today is just icing on the cake.

Cabreara is not doing the things he was brought in to do but then eaton is not helping him

Abreu looks a 20 year old that is mystified by the breaking pitch

Garcia better have some reason why he could not bat today.

The offense really should have pounded the ball yesterday and then today after bauer left.

Again this team was not ready for the season to start and still is not.

Absolutely perfect post. Nothing else really has to be said.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 02:19 PM)
How stupid is that coin noise when the indians score

The constant drumming bugs me more personally.

Edited by Mike F.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 02:16 PM)
Out of curiosity, anyone know what the win probability stats say about bunting with Eaton there?? (And please ignore the two strike bunt, everyone else knows how bad of an idea that was)

1st and 2nd, no outs, we had a 23.8% chance of winning.

A successful sac bunt would have made it 16.3% (this is why we perhaps should avoid bunting most of the time). A bunt single would have made it 40.3%. Eaton has a 42.3 lifetime BUH% but it seems less likely when he's clearly showing sacrifice.