4/15 - White Sox vs Indians

flavum

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 09:06 PM)
I don't mind playing for the tie so much as the fact that everyone that even follows the sox casually knows that Adam Eaton cannot sac bunt. Yea, he's a 5-8 speedy slap hitter -- but he can't sac bunt! You can expect him to bunt because 5-8 slap hitters are supposed to be Good Solid Fundamental Players but the reality is that Eaton is a .300 hitter that had the platoon advantage.

Let him f***ing swing. Put your guys in a position to succeed.

I remember one time Ozzie made somebody bunt with 2 strikes and the same thing happened and all the outrage. I remember thinking at the time that it was to prove a point to the front office or something. That they got him players who should be able to bunt who can't even f***ing bunt.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 04:10 PM)
I remember one time Ozzie made somebody bunt with 2 strikes and the same thing happened and all the outrage. I remember thinking at the time that it was to prove a point to the front office or something. That they got him players who should be able to bunt who can't even f***ing bunt.

The best one by far was the time he had Alexei bunt and Alexei bunted into a triple play.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 04:10 PM)

Yep, now that you mention it I vaguely remember that. Greg I'm agreeing with you a lot today.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 02:53 PM)
Not that much. He deserved the strikeout with that effort. But it is comforting to know he would have reached base if Robin didn't put the bunt on.

Your schtick is so tired man.

After watching via DVR, pathetic ABs by Eaton, Melky and Abreu. No runs driven in with 2 on no outs. Eaton with a horrendous bunt attempt after another. Just wasted his AB at that last bunt attempt. Put the bat in his hands and let him try and get a hit. Bonifacio would score on a single and Micah would be in scoring position. Bunting there was stupid. Obviously hindsight is 20/20 but it was dumb IMO not that it matters I'm not the manager. Melky needed to swing in his AB. Their closer wasn't getting a strike over on him he helped him out. Abreu stop swinging at junk. They wanted no part of you. He needed to crush that mistake. Oh well on to Detroit. This offense needs to get going.

Edited by Bigsoxhurt35

Even though the Wins havent quite been there so far I am feeling really encouraged.

1. Because I think the bullpen is going to be really good for the Sox this year. And it will likely get better by later additions of young arms or another key trade before the ASB. That keeps you in things alone.

2. Mostly the whole lineup has greatly underachieved so far. They will get better.

3. Abreu is going to put up manly numbers sooner rather than later.

4. Eaton will come out of this funk and provide a lift to the offense, I hope. The lead off spot is sooo freaking important as we have come to know over the years and when he comes around the whole lineup will likely come around.

5. Rodon will be here soon to replace Noesi in the rotation.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 10:09 PM)
Even though the Wins havent quite been there so far I am feeling really encouraged.

1. Because I think the bullpen is going to be really good for the Sox this year. And it will likely get better by later additions of young arms or another key trade before the ASB. That keeps you in things alone.

2. Mostly the whole lineup has greatly underachieved so far. They will get better.

4. Eaton will come out of this funk and provide a lift to the offense, I hope. The lead off spot is sooo freaking important as we have come to know over the years and when he comes around the whole lineup will likely come around.

Thing is, so far its just like last year; assuming we'll get better while we throw away games now. Gonna have to be way better than .500 to win this division and Sox are looking like a .500 ceiling club.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 04:19 PM)
Thing is, so far its just like last year; assuming we'll get better while we throw away games now. Gonna have to be way better than .500 to win this division and Sox are looking like a .500 ceiling club.

I dont ever remember assuming we would get better at any point last year.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 04:19 PM)

This isn't premature at all.

Edited by Rowand44

My problem with Robin is he didn't play the percentages. As many have said, Eaton does not know how to bunt and should never have been asked to do so. The percentages say it was a bad decision. But the bigger problem is he had 2 of his best RBI men this year in Flowers and Beckham on the bench. Robin should have gone with the percentages there and hit for Melky and Jose and we would have at least tied the game. Besides Flowers at 1st and BecKham in left would have made for some exciting extra innings

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 04:25 PM)
My problem with Robin is he didn't play the percentages. As many have said, Eaton does not know how to bunt and should never have been asked to do so. The percentages say it was a bad decision. But the bigger problem is he had 2 of his best RBI men this year in Flowers and Beckham on the bench. Robin should have gone with the percentages there and hit for Melky and Jose and we would have at least tied the game. Besides Flowers at 1st and BecKham in left would have made for some exciting extra innings

HOLY s***.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 04:09 PM)

Of course you mean Danks

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 02:25 PM)

lol what. Beckham was NOT on the bench, as he had already been brought in as a PH (and went 1 for 1).

hopefully this was a joke post.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 04:34 PM)
Nah, I know they arent going to sit that money.

If this season is about contending and Danks is going 5 innings/4 runs every time(with Noesi outperforming him), then I think he would go long man or have a magical ailment that put him on the DL.

They can't burn up the bullpen every fifth day

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 09:54 PM)
If this season is about contending and Danks is going 5 innings/4 runs every time(with Noesi outperforming him), then I think he would go long man or have a magical ailment that put him on the DL.

Couldn't agree more. It would be great if Noesi pitches well in his next few starts in order to put the organization in position to remove Danks from the rotation.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 04:54 PM)

Noeisi hasn't shown he can save a bullpen yet. I know there is a lot of Danks hate, but if Noesi didn't have those shadows last Friday, he might not have lasted 2 innings.

I think it would be the better outcome too but I think they will give Danks every chance in the world to prove that he should be there over Noesi. Even more than the years he has been given already. I think either of them will make for a good option out of the bullpen actually.