And that's a White Sox Comeback Walk-Off Winner !!!&#3

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 09:18 AM)
lol. I think even PK would have made it home with ease in that situation. Aviles wasnt going to morph into Bo Jackson

Making it home wouldn't have been the issue, Flowers would have took off early and been force tagged at 3rd. ;D

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scs787 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 09:28 AM)
When clicking on this thread all I saw was "And that's a White Sox Com".....I fully expected it to be a thread bashing the Sox and titled "And that's a White Sox Complete Failure/s***show".....I of course didnt watch the 9th. Kudos White Sox.

To be fair to us negative nelly's, it was a complete failure/s***show for 8 innings. ;)

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 08:09 AM)
This was my thought, too -- or it was my hope anyway. I said to my girlfriend. "that inning was the first time I've felt like they could actually hit this whole season."

It's been really rough so far, but the guys looked SO excited during the entire rally. I hope this is the turnaround.

The talent is there. For some reason this team has seemed to have the attention span of a Hummingbird with ADHD. If they figure that out, they can go somewhere.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 08:53 AM)
Huge emotional difference between 4-8 after another lackluster offensive performance (Bauer, btw, is showing signs that he's the next guy in the division that the Sox just won't be able to figure out) and 5-7 after that epic hit parade. Hopefully that's the springboard that gets the offense going. Eaton's reaction after his basehit was adorable.

Bauer has top of the rotation stuff. The White Sox won't be alone in having problems hitting this guy. You pretty much have to try to work deep into counts and get him on pitch count, because you probably aren't going to beat his stuff.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 08:06 AM)
no they were playing in, they dont have the arms for the outfield and the only chance was for a shallow fly and quick throw home. Where Melky hit it, there was no way they were throwing out Flowers there

Unless Flowers didn't tag up properly and had a brain cramp, along with McEwing.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 08:34 AM)
The talent is there. For some reason this team has seemed to have the attention span of a Hummingbird with ADHD. If they figure that out, they can go somewhere.

And who is responsible for that, Hahn, Ventura or both equally?

Also, your characterizations sounds like you're describing the way posters take potshots at Alexei when he does something baffling or mystifying, or just has a brain cramp/fart about 10-15 times per season.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 06:27 AM)
That was a sweet win. I have heard the Indians have quite an advantage in the AL Central from the managerial position. Leaving Aviles in CF and letting your closer give up 6 hits would be considered a fireable offense in these parts.

Great, one win, two losses....still a net of negative one this last week on the managerial side.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 09:47 AM)
And who is responsible for that, Hahn, Ventura or both equally?

Also, your characterizations sounds like you're describing the way posters take potshots at Alexei when he does something baffling or mystifying, or just has a brain cramp/fart about 10-15 times per season.

I'd start with the players themselves, but that might just be me.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 09:36 AM)
Bauer has top of the rotation stuff. The White Sox won't be alone in having problems hitting this guy. You pretty much have to try to work deep into counts and get him on pitch count, because you probably aren't going to beat his stuff.

He's got good stuff but I don't think he's as good as the Sox have made him look.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 09:53 AM)
He's got good stuff but I don't think he's as good as the Sox have made him look.

He has great stuff. His problem as a younger pitcher is repeating his pitches and with the amount of movement he has, being able to consistently find the strike zone.

Let's just put it this way....if you start comparing Bauer with, say, Greene/Simon, you take him every time and don't look back.

New thought not necessitating another thread or post to follow:

But I'm sure Cashman's still feeling dumb with yet another pitcher getting away and Gregorius looking like an anemic bat.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 09:01 AM)
Let's just put it this way....if you start comparing Bauer with, say, Greene/Simon, you take him every time and don't look back.

But I'm sure Cashman's still feeling dumb with yet another pitcher getting away and Gregorius looking like an anemic bat.

that'd be Kevin Towers...

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 10:45 AM)
Bauer is a good pitcher but he seemed to have control issues. The sox hitters should have all went 3-2 to run his pitch count up and get him out of the game.

That's how you beat him. His stuff is great, but he can rarely get through 6 innings without giving up 4-5 walks and throwing 100+ pitches.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 10:11 AM)
David Price taking a shot

David Price ‏@DAVIDprice14 1h1 hour ago

Wow...outfielders when it's a walkiff situation and the ball is too deep for you to make a throw....CATCH THE BALL ANYWAYS...record an out

Good thing Aviles isn't an outfielder, or he might take issue with this comment.

One of the most rousing victories I can remember. At least for one inning, corpseball died. Everyone can now see why Avi maintains a BABIP in the 330s -- dude hits a lot hard ground balls and semi liners and his approach allows him to make good contact throughout the zone. Yes you'd like to see him yank that hanging curve out of the park sooner rather than later, but I will take oppo doubles for now.

Great approach by everyone that inning and you see why you never ask guys to bunt when the closer is having problems locating. Eaton hung tough and came through. Ditto Melky.

Under the circumstances that 2-2 take from Melky was one of the greatest takes I've seen. That was a perfectly located, nasty slider and you see now the talent Melky has coming through in that AB.

That said, it's nice to run into a team that values defense even less than the Sox. If Bourne is in CF none of this happens. Alexei's ball should be an out 9 times out of 10 for a MLB outfielder. Luckily, Cle decided they didn't need a MLB quality CF that inning. Thanks guys.