4/21- White Sox vs Indians 7:10 PM CT

Jose Abreu

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DashFan @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 09:15 PM)
Robin Ventura had two jobs today:

1. Give away a game to a division opponent.

2. Destroy any confidence Carlos Rodon may have came into the majors with.

Done & done.

He was a friday night pitcher in college, and is the #3 pick overall. I dont believe confidence will be his problem.

QUOTE (DashFan @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 09:15 PM)

Done & done.

So Rodon should just sit in the bullpen, and pitch once a week in blowouts?

QUOTE (DashFan @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 08:15 PM)

Done & done.

Lamont did this to Ruffcorn and Baldwin. He made them face the Indians when 3 of their guys could out hit this whole Sox lineup.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 09:15 PM)
I feel like we just threw this game with no care just so Rodon could pitch.

And if that was the plan, why not give him a start? Now you've wasted a QS from Noesi, shattered Rodon's confidence, and lost a game to a division foe. I just don't know what to think of this org.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 10:13 PM)
Stop calling for fastballs every time when he's clearly struggling with fastball command pls Tyler

Tyler's calling the pitches??? Sorry but Coop is calling the pitches. This kid is a big investment.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 09:17 PM)
He was a friday night pitcher in college, and is the #3 pick overall. I dont believe confidence will be his problem.

Confidence in this organization. You don't think he's going to look back on his performance, as all athletes do, and not wonder why in the hell he was put in when he was? Pissed he's coming out of the pen?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 10:17 PM)
So Rodon should just sit in the bullpen, and pitch once a week in blowouts?

He should be starting BUT it's little much to ask a rookie pitcher who has no experience pitching out of the bullpen. Not to mention leaving him in to "wear it" when we are supposedly trying to win. Throw in the worst pitch calling I've seen so far and you've got a recipe only this coaching staff would attempt.

Again, hate to be that guy, but sorry...LaRoche doesn't walk NEARLY as much as Dunn did, I'm not sure why anyone would think that. But, do back it up...over his career, Dunn walked 15.8% of the time! LaRoche walks 10.3% of the time.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 09:17 PM)
Lamont did this to Ruffcorn and Baldwin. He made them face the Indians when 3 of their guys could out hit this whole Sox lineup.

Ruffcorn faced the Indians in 1994. He made 3 appearances in 1993. He went 4 innings and gave up 7 runs. I posted his team lost all 30 games he appeared in during his major league career.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 10:20 PM)
Confidence in this organization. You don't think he's going to look back on his performance, as all athletes do, and not wonder why in the hell he was put in when he was? Pissed he's coming out of the pen?

How did it affect Sale???

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 09:12 PM)
What's annoying is Rodon wasn't ready yet for the majors

He will always have these issues. His motion lends itself to difficult command. MLB hitters don't swing at close pitches as often.

Hopefully he continues to iron it out.

QUOTE (DashFan @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 09:20 PM)
He should be starting BUT it's little much to ask a rookie pitcher who has no experience pitching out of the bullpen. Not to mention leaving him in to "wear it" when we are supposedly trying to win. Throw in the worst pitch calling I've seen so far and you've got a recipe only this coaching staff would attempt.

Just so you know, the bench does not call pitches.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 22, 2015 -> 03:15 AM)
What's with the pitch calling

I feel like we just threw this game with no care just so Rodon could pitch.

I feel the same way. Frustrates me. I feel like there's never any urgency to stay in the pennant race with this bunch (Robin, KW, Hahn post 2005).

QUOTE (DashFan @ Apr 22, 2015 -> 03:15 AM)

Done & done.

Agreed.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Apr 22, 2015 -> 03:18 AM)
And if that was the plan, why not give him a start? Now you've wasted a QS from Noesi, shattered Rodon's confidence, and lost a game to a division foe. I just don't know what to think of this org.

Exactly. Also way to throw away any momentum from last night. Buzzkill tonight. Thanks for the DP as well, Melky. It was 1-1 and it was time to smoke a double for the money you are making.