Sale and Samardzija Suspended 5 Games

flavum

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 03:17 PM)
So I guess Rodon is going to get his first ML start sooner rather than later.

If the appeals process takes several weeks he could be at the point where his arm is "no longer stretched out" and therefore not be a reasonable option.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 02:37 PM)
If the appeals process takes several weeks he could be at the point where his arm is "no longer stretched out" and therefore not be a reasonable option.

Ha. Right

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 11:23 AM)
Sunday - Danks

Monday - Rodon/Noesi

Tuesday - Noesi/Rodon

Wednesday - Quintana

Thursday - Danks (on short rest)

Friday - Samardzija

Saturday - Sale

Samardzija could pitch Monday and serve Tuesday-Saturday

Sale pitches Tuesday and serves Wednesday-Sunday

Baltimore- Samardzija, Sale, Noesi

Minnesota- Quintana, Rodon, Danks, Samardzija

off Monday

Detroit- Sale, Noesi, Quintana

Cincinnati- Samardzija, Danks/Rodon, Sale

at Milwaukee- Noesi, Quintana, Samardzija

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 09:31 PM)
Samardzija could pitch Monday and serve Tuesday-Saturday

Sale pitches Tuesday and serves Wednesday-Sunday

Baltimore- Samardzija, Sale, Noesi

Minnesota- Quintana, Rodon, Danks, Samardzija

off Monday

Detroit- Sale, Noesi, Quintana

Cincinnati- Samardzija, Danks/Rodon, Sale

at Milwaukee- Noesi, Quintana, Samardzija

Did they say Rodon will start????

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 08:39 PM)
Did they say Rodon will start????

No, just threw his name in there as the guy to pitch because of the suspensions. Could be Erik Johnson or somebody else.

But the point being, they need one start to be covered during the suspensions. Hopefully they pitch and just drop the appeal the next day.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 09:42 PM)
No, just threw his name in there as the guy to pitch because of the suspensions. Could be Erik Johnson or somebody else.

But the point being, they need one start to be covered during the suspensions. Hopefully they pitch and just drop the appeal the next day.

I thought he might start the suspended game. But I wonder if they would be afraid to start Rodon after the other night. Tthe Sox may be concerned if he starts and is wild again, what do they do next with him. They may want to see him get a couple of successful relief appearances under his belt.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 02:51 AM)
I thought he might start the suspended game. But I wonder if they would be afraid to start Rodon after the other night. Tthe Sox may be concerned if he starts and is wild again, what do they do next with him. They may want to see him get a couple of successful relief appearances under his belt.

i don't know where i read it, but i thought it was Beck coming up.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 10:30 AM)
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mlb/kansa...le19500801.html

Story on Ventura's need to mature...mentions Samardzija chirping at him again from the dugout...dates back to last season and A's/Royals match-ups in the second half and playoff game.

a real fluff piece.... i love the comment of Ventura from the FO how having "maturity and emotional stability"

Just want to point out that Sale and Samardzija aren't really missing a start. The Sox are just forced to use a 6th starter, and the guy at the end of the rotation will miss the start around the all-star break.

If they really wanted to punish a starting pitcher, they really should be forced to miss 10 games. So it's all good.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 04:33 PM)
This has been done for years now. The Sox are hardly the first to take advantage of it.

Exactly. If MLB is going to change the rules it woud be done during the off season or should be

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 11:13 AM)
Sox changed the rotation...AGAIN..

Noesi, Samardzija, Sale in Baltimore.

If Samardjiza pitches the 28th, and then drops his appeal, he would be out on games for the 29, 30, 1, 2, 3. Then the 4th is an off day. He could slot into the 5th of May. Sale pitches the 29th then drops his appear and is out the 30, 1, 2, 3, and 5th, and comes back the 6th.

You'd only need to cover one start on the 3rd.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 05:20 PM)
The only thing that makes is Samardzija pitches Tuesday, and drops his appeal on Wednesday. Sale pitches Wednesday, and drops his appeal on Thursday.

Then they use a 6th starter on Friday, and move on with the season.

nice strategy, it will work.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 11:17 AM)
lol, I know that. I just don't see the point of appealing both starters. Then both of them will just get moved back to be on the same schedule. I feel it would make sense to appeal one although I am not too familiar with the appeal process that makes no sense.

The whole point is they can game the system so they only have to cover one start, instead of two, if they work it right around an off day. They way they just set up the system does exactly that.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 02:09 PM)
Jesse Spector ‏@jessespector 24m24 minutes ago

Edinson Volquez pitched yesterday and dropped his appeal today. How convenient.

As long as you apply the same phrase when Sale and Samardzija do the exact same thing.