Albers to DL; Carroll Called up, Surkamp DFA, Webb 26th man

flavum

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 06:51 PM)
No chance it's Carroll. They won't waste a 40 man spot on him.

There's three pitchers that make sense. Raul Fernandez who has been dominant in AA and is on 40 man roster. Any interesting option from Charlotte would require dumping someone off the 40 man roster. I would guess that guy would be Leury Gacia and the two pitchers being Chris Beck for a spot start of Maikel Cleto.

Most likely to be Erik Johnson to cover a start as he's still on the 40 man. Possibility of Frankie Montas to cover a start then drop to the pen once the Aces Wild come back from suspension.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 04:33 PM)
Also with his velocity issues they might want to keep him as a starter rather than using him out of the pen for now.

I'm not sure about his last start but the one before that it was said he throw up to 95 and sat around 92. Which is encouraging

Having learned that they are appealing the Wild Aces suspension, Johnson won't be called up, it will be pen arm probably Webb. When Sale and Shark are suspended it wouldn't surprise me to see Johnson up to cover a start

QUOTE (glangon @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 05:08 PM)
Having learned that they are appealing the Wild Aces suspension, Johnson won't be called up, it will be pen arm probably Webb. When Sale and Shark are suspended it wouldn't surprise me to see Johnson up to cover a start

He's pitching terribly in AAA, so I doubt he would get called up.

I just have a question on callups when Sale and Shark are suspended. Can you actually bring two pitchers up for five days without placing folks on the disabled list? This is not a paternity leave type thing. I thought if they were suspended the team just played shorthanded

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 06:21 PM)
I just have a question on callups when Sale and Shark are suspended. Can you actually bring two pitchers up for five days without placing folks on the disabled list? This is not a paternity leave type thing. I thought if they were suspended the team just played shorthanded

I don't think they will serve them at the same time.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 10:03 AM)
If Webb comes in, something would have to have gone horribly wrong.

You mean if they have to send somebody out after the suspended game, something went wrong. Webb is just there if the suspended game goes 17 innings and they need him to be available for the regular game.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 10:05 AM)
You mean if they have to send somebody out after the suspended game, something went wrong. Webb is just there if the suspended game goes 17 innings and they need him to be available for the regular game.

Regardless of which game he pitches in, the chances of the Sox winning with him pitching are very low. The Royals are tough enough as it is, so you can't have a guy like Webb who can't even throw strikes in the game.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 10:03 AM)
If Webb comes in, something would have to have gone horribly wrong.

If Carroll goes a couple innings in the suspended game and is unavailable for the regular game, unfortunately for him, I think he will get sent down if Webb is in the clubhouse.