4/27: Sox Vs Os - POSTPONED DUE TO RIOTS

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 05:29 PM)
But MLB shares your concern...

Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 18s18 seconds ago

Manfred not certain about rest of series. Another venue (DC) not out of question. Games scheduled Tues and Weds.

Interesting. Get it done.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 10:29 PM)
Is this their only trip to Bal. this year?

many yrs ago, mlb had to ask permission from the players union to reschedule a whole series. this was done either around the ASG or right before the playoff.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 11:35 PM)
Which only furthers his point though. Ferguson lasted forever. This will too.

thanks

but it all depends on how angry the rioters are, if the peaceful ministers come out to quell this thing. there are so many factors.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 05:40 PM)
I don't have a TV at work....thats why I was asking. They are really canceling this game though over a few people getting a bit raucous? Sounds like an over reaction to me.

Then you really need to turn on a tv. I've never seen anything like this in my life, not in the US.

I don't have a TV at work....thats why I was asking. They are really canceling this game though over a few people getting a bit raucous? Sounds like an over reaction to me.

It's a bit more than that.

Yeah... I think you better rethink that.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 10:40 PM)

you may be right, but think back to the craziness in chi when the bull won their championship, and i bet that was peaceful compare to the reasoning for this one.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 10:42 PM)
Then you really need to turn on a tv. I've never seen anything like this in my life, not in the US.

i lived thru the race riots when MLK was killed. that was crazy, the police bus had to come by and deliver us kids to the house.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 05:42 PM)

I don't have a TV at work (I'm in Las Vegas and still have over an hour left until I go home). If its that out of hand, just throw some tear gas or mace and disperse the crowd. Letting it swell is a mistake by law enforcement and canceling them game is giving them additional reason to "celebrate".

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 11:45 PM)
I don't have a TV at work (I'm in Las Vegas and still have over an hour left until I go home). If its that out of hand, just throw some tear gas or mace and disperse the crowd. Letting it swell is a mistake by law enforcement and canceling them game is giving them additional reason to "celebrate".

then you will be aggravating the situation.