Jarrod Saltalamacchia

GGajewski18

QUOTE (OnlyGillis @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 05:46 PM)
As discussed on Boston radio ... two years ago no Red Sox pitcher wanted to throw to Salty. Farrell benched him in the World Series after game 3 and they won the last 3 games with David Ross. Salty is a stiff ... and there is no double meaning there despite the fact that he married his high school gym teacher who is 14 years older than him. At the time he was 19. :o

awesome, the sort of insider info you can only get on sports talk message boards, lol.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (OnlyGillis @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 11:46 PM)
As discussed on Boston radio ... two years ago no Red Sox pitcher wanted to throw to Salty. Farrell benched him in the World Series after game 3 and they won the last 3 games with David Ross. Salty is a stiff ... and there is no double meaning there despite the fact that he married his high school gym teacher who is 14 years older than him. At the time he was 19. :o

why??

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 03:24 PM)
I would bet anything Hahn wouldn't do that.

He would be insane to do that.

Salary works both ways. Yes, you should ignore salary and cut the player if the player simply can't play. But you don't give the player away for nothing if he's producing just because he's overpaid.

The Sox aren't exactly teeming in starters. Okay, we may have 6 now that we brought (rushed?) Rodon up. 6 isn't much cusion.

And if Danks repeats Sunday's performance a few times, they might be able to trade him for something if they're out of it in July.

QUOTE (OnlyGillis @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 06:46 PM)
As discussed on Boston radio ... two years ago no Red Sox pitcher wanted to throw to Salty. Farrell benched him in the World Series after game 3 and they won the last 3 games with David Ross. Salty is a stiff ... and there is no double meaning there despite the fact that he married his high school gym teacher who is 14 years older than him. At the time he was 19. ohmy.gif

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 08:45 PM)
why??

Pitchers constantly had to shake him off, poor pitch framing, less than average throwing ability.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 7, 2015 -> 09:51 AM)
MLB Daily Dish ‏@mlbdailydish 1h1 hour ago

Jarrod Saltalamacchia expected to sign with D-Backs http://sbnation.com/e/8329134?utm_campaign..._source=twitter

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 05:21 PM)
I'll be shocked if he lands anywhere other than Arizona, honestly.

Yeah, this made way too much sense. No one was worse off then them at C.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ May 7, 2015 -> 10:56 AM)
I am ready for Rick to sell half the damn farm to get a catcher that isn't an automatic out. it is becoming that frustrating.

The problem is that there are about 20 good catchers to go around. Rick has been trying. Don't forget he chased after mcCann before he went to NYY. I have no doubt the next two things on his shopping list are 3B and C.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 7, 2015 -> 12:19 PM)
The problem is that there are about 20 good catchers to go around. Rick has been trying. Don't forget he chased after mcCann before he went to NYY. I have no doubt the next two things on his shopping list are 3B and C.

I haven't forgot that, just about ready for him to double the price offered to get one.