**SPOILER THREAD** GAME OF THRONES ** SPOILER THREAD **

TaylorStSox

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ May 2, 2016 -> 11:03 AM)
Did anyone else think Roose killed Ramsey at first? That was so unexpected/awesome.

absolutely. The filming of that scene was awesome, because it definitely could have gone either way. Roose could have been done with Ramsay, since he has they Frey heir.

Poor Ramsay, just removed the brains of the operation. He is gonna do something really stupid and get caught out for it

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 2, 2016 -> 10:07 AM)
absolutely. The filming of that scene was awesome, because it definitely could have gone either way. Roose could have been done with Ramsay, since he has they Frey heir.

Poor Ramsay, just removed the brains of the operation. He is gonna do something really stupid and get caught out for it

So, I'm curious if that "something stupid" already happened in this episode. Ramsay can easily play off Roose's death as poison. But I'm not entirely sure he can do that with Walda and the baby. He can't say they died in childbirth (Walda was obviously walking around with the kid), and he can't really say she was poisoned (since I doubt there's any body to be found).

Maybe I'm overthinking this. Ramsay has control of Winterfell and everyone there is terrified of him, so he might be able to control the information. But that seems like a bad dangling thread from Ramsay. To sum up his situation:

(1) Roose destroyed the alliance with the Lannisters by taking in Sansa (and Cersei authorized Littlefinger to march on Winterfell with the Knights of the Vale last season);

(2) Ramsay lost support in the North by treating Sansa like crap and then losing Sansa; and

(3) Presumably, Ramsay just lost the support of the Freys by killing Walda and her child.

When Sansa reappears, it's going to be Karstarks + Boltons vs. everyone else...

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ May 2, 2016 -> 11:38 AM)
So, I'm curious if that "something stupid" already happened in this episode. Ramsay can easily play off Roose's death as poison. But I'm not entirely sure he can do that with Walda and the baby. He can't say they died in childbirth (Walda was obviously walking around with the kid), and he can't really say she was poisoned (since I doubt there's any body to be found).

Maybe I'm overthinking this. Ramsay has control of Winterfell and everyone there is terrified of him, so he might be able to control the information. But that seems like a bad dangling thread from Ramsay. To sum up his situation:

(1) Roose destroyed the alliance with the Lannisters by taking in Sansa (and Cersei authorized Littlefinger to march on Winterfell with the Knights of the Vale last season);

(2) Ramsay lost support in the North by treating Sansa like crap and then losing Sansa; and

(3) Presumably, Ramsay just lost the support of the Freys by killing Walda and her child.

You are right that he can get away with it to an extent due to the iron first of terror he has over Winterfell.

However, the meister controls the ravens, so all it takes is him disobeying for word to spread.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ May 2, 2016 -> 11:38 AM)

pretty sure he is gonna march on Castle Black too, where he is gonna have the Wildlings waiting for him, as opposed to just the Lord Commander and his knights.

Its been pretty obvious for quite a while that Ramsays impulsive nature will do him in, Roose saw it and started to back away from it before Ramsay killed him.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 2, 2016 -> 09:07 AM)

Yeah...at first I was like, oh my god, he killed ramsay and than I was like, wait, its Roose. I hate them all...long live Lord stark!!!

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ May 2, 2016 -> 12:38 PM)

The last time the Freys got f***ed out of an heir to the North, the Red Wedding happened. Ramsay's treachery is logical, but he doesn't think these things through. He really has no idea what he's doing, and he's basically Joffrey at this point, without a Small Council.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 3, 2016 -> 10:05 AM)
The last time the Freys got f***ed out of an heir to the North, the Red Wedding happened. Ramsay's treachery is logical, but he doesn't think these things through. He really has no idea what he's doing, and he's basically Joffrey at this point, without a Small Council.

Best episode of the entire show, imo. I still cringe at the thought of it, but this episode was damn good too.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 3, 2016 -> 01:05 PM)
Best episode of the entire show, imo. I still cringe at the thought of it, but this episode was damn good too.

I don't typically like to get in the "books vs. show" debate but the show moves much faster without being tied to the books and it's not affected by the dullness of the past couple of seasons. They waste no time. Arya was on the streets for 2 episodes, and I feel like before, she would have spent half the season there.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 3, 2016 -> 12:07 PM)
I don't typically like to get in the "books vs. show" debate but the show moves much faster without being tied to the books and it's not affected by the dullness of the past couple of seasons. They waste no time. Arya was on the streets for 2 episodes, and I feel like before, she would have spent half the season there.

Im glad, i was already sick of seeing her get her ass kicked and taunted

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 3, 2016 -> 01:08 PM)
Im glad, i was already sick of seeing her get her ass kicked and taunted

Yea it was a very smart move by the show.

I think they have been learning some lessons, they wont be perfect (hey Dorne!) but they're getting really good at progressing storylines while also putting in the details.

So back to speculation, do the Freys take revenge on Ramsay now? I would imagine they do at some level but who would they ally with?

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 3, 2016 -> 01:16 PM)

I think they have been learning some lessons, they wont be perfect (hey Dorne!) but they're getting really good at progressing storylines while also putting in the details.

So back to speculation, do the Freys take revenge on Ramsay now? I would imagine they do at some level but who would they ally with?

Yea they will, although im not sure when Walder will find out what happened. Probably could ally with the Lannisters since Roose f***ed over the Lannisters with Sansa

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 3, 2016 -> 02:16 PM)

In due time I imagine, but pretty much everyone hates the Freys

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 3, 2016 -> 02:36 PM)
The Dorne storyline is such a mess in the show. Hopefully they find a way to quickly write that out.

The only scene in Dorne I cared remotely about was when one of the Sand Snakes showed her breasts gratuitously. That's it

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 3, 2016 -> 12:32 PM)
Yea they will, although im not sure when Walder will find out what happened. Probably could ally with the Lannisters since Roose f***ed over the Lannisters with Sansa

Well, last season Littlefinger got authority from Cersei to march on Winterfell with the Knights of the Vale. In theory, the Freys could ally with Littlefinger.

With that being said, the idea that Littlefinger has enough authority to get the Knights of the Vale to get involved now seems... speculative at best (the Vale is safe and out of the war, why march of Winterfell in Winter?). So hopefully that doesn't actually happen.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 3, 2016 -> 12:07 PM)

Arya's story arc is one of my favorites in the book but I am anxious to see what becomes of her after her training anyway

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 3, 2016 -> 03:32 PM)
Arya's story arc is one of my favorites in the book but I am anxious to see what becomes of her after her training anyway

I kind of half-jokingly called Arya Bruce Wayne way back in Season 1.

This statement sounds more obvious than I mean, but I don't know that this show would be as popular/successful without the books.

And what I mean by that is the interplay of having books that allow watchers to go much deeper in history and read up on so much supplementary material allows the hardcore watchers to be 100% in without even reading it...

but they also aren't necessary. The show explains enough so that watchers aren't missing anything, and keeps the mystery levels at an appropriate tone.

I think it's incredible the job they've done. Novels are such a different medium than tv shows. It is not possible to cram that information in any digestible way, and they have to choose the scenes that move the plots.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 3, 2016 -> 07:32 PM)

She's going to become a faceless woman assassin with no personal identity. Somewhere near the end, someone will coincidentally hire her to assassinate Cersei, the last survivor from Arya's list. The deed will be done, but she will smirk, revealing that a little piece of Arya Stark still lives and is happy to have found vengeance.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 4, 2016 -> 06:03 PM)
thanks for ruining the ending for me, Crimson :lol:

Alternatively, she becomes a faceless woman and someone hires her to kill someone Arya wouldn't want to die like Lord Commander Jon or future Lady of Winterfell and Warden of the North Sansa Stark.