2016 MLB Draft

Boopa1219

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 09:03 AM)
Kyle Lewis is becoming my top choice at No. 10, but who knows if he will be available then. Beyond the insane power numbers (12 HRs in 108 ABs) and great average (.426), he has walked 33 times compared to 17 strikeouts. Love that type of plate control and discipline.

He's my position player of choice. Ahead of Ray.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 09:03 AM)
Kyle Lewis is becoming my top choice at No. 10, but who knows if he will be available then. Beyond the insane power numbers (12 HRs in 108 ABs) and great average (.426), he has walked 33 times compared to 17 strikeouts. Love that type of plate control and discipline.

I've been on Lewis since January. Really hope he falls to 10.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Apr 6, 2016 -> 02:47 PM)
I'm all for BPA but I hope a position player falls like we got Rodon (although we were at 3. I still thought he should've been 1.1) and Fulmer.

the way things are working out, i really can see the sox picking someone who is listed to be pick in the late teens or early 20,,,,, to given them a nice salary and at the same time save some money.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 12, 2016 -> 09:41 PM)
No mention of the fact that he threw a no hitter and his name is Jason Groome? C'mon Badler.

Keith Law's list had Sox fan favorites in the following order #3 Corey Ray, #7 Kyle Lewis and #10 Nick Senzel.

i do not know, i been following the mock drafts and it is really all scramble up. mostly b/c outside the top 2 or 3 prospects, this yr performances are really weak.

it is going to be really interesting and well for me, will they over draft a player to save money or what.

Jason Groome's high school career is over. He has been suspended for the season for an improper transfer and will not pitch again for his high school team.

I do not think this will hurt his draft stock

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 08:56 PM)
Jason Groome's high school career is over. He has been suspended for the season for an improper transfer and will not pitch again for his high school team.

well i agree in general. but he is still a hs'er and he is loosing development time.

this is a tough one for me, if he falls, will the sox spring for a hs'er sp or still go the college route. with the idea of their ideas of bpa for the org.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 02:56 PM)

There's been a change of heart.

Philip Anastasia:

NJSIAA spokesman said Jason Groome can return May 1 or his team's 12th game, whichever comes first. So he'll likely miss two starts

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 09:10 PM)

Philip Anastasia:

NJSIAA spokesman said Jason Groome can return May 1 or his team's 12th game, whichever comes first. So he'll likely miss two starts

don't get me wrong, but if it is a violation of the rules, what is the penalty and are they the officials circumventing it??

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 03:10 PM)

Philip Anastasia:

I hope he does get suspended, and falls to #10, and the Sox get a gift pitcher in their laps for the 3rd yr in a row. :)

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Apr 16, 2016 -> 01:33 AM)
I wouldn't object. I want a bat but it's always BPA.

Agree and this organization has been great with arms lately so it's hard to not want them to draft more arms. Once you have yourself a surplus, you can always trade for other positions of need.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 03:04 PM)
Corey Ray is a guy I keep thinking we will get for some reason. Unlikely it seems, at this point though.

It keeps coming up in my mind too. I think because we've had so so many breaks the last few years that we expect to get our guy. Unforunately were probably too far down the pecking order this year.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 03:04 PM)
Corey Ray is a guy I keep thinking we will get for some reason. Unlikely it seems, at this point though.

I think he's the best case scenario pick at this point. There is a long way to go, but I'd be very surprised if he fell out of the top 5-6.