2016 MLB Draft

Boopa1219

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 11:57 AM)
whitesoxdave ‏@barstoolWSD 43m43 minutes ago Chicago, IL

The #WhiteSox are working out Puerto Rican SS Delvin Perez, Wisconsin prep SS Gavin Lux and a few others at The Cell right now

whitesoxdave ‏@barstoolWSD 9m9 minutes ago Chicago, IL

Wisconsin C Ben Rortvedt also working out, pea shooter of an arm

Interesting on Rortvedt. Best prep catcher in the class depending on who you ask. Bat first catcher currently, but could certainly stick behind the plate with some work/development by most accounts.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 11:41 AM)
Eh I'd rather have Semien, Phegley and Bassitt (who would probably be healthy with the Sox training staff) than merely Gavin Lux.

I'd rather have Corey Ray and Gavin Lux.

I'm also taking into consideration how bad Shark was.

Also, wouldn't rather have Phegley, only assuming on Bassitt and I'll take Anderson and Lawrie over Semien.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 12:45 PM)
I'd rather have Corey Ray and Gavin Lux.

I'm also taking into consideration how bad Shark was.

Also, wouldn't rather have Phegley, only assuming on Bassitt and I'll take Anderson and Lawrie over Semien.

Sox didn't like Phegley defensively. Bassitt had TJS and Semien has no defensive position.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 01:08 PM)
Joey Lucchesi vs. Dakota Hudson at 1:30 on Espn3

About to tune in as well. Mainly because I could totally see the Sox grabbing Hudson if something goes awry in the top 9.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 08:10 PM)
Wow Hudson looks like s***. He doesn't have an out pitch it looks like. Don't draft him please.

Also, SEMO!!!

Yep, not impressed at all by Hudson. Looks like a closer to me with that cutter.

Eric: You mentioned in your mock that the White Sox are recently on Collins. Would that be with the idea of going under-slot and using that money on high school talent that falls?

Klaw: Doubt it. Collins isn’t getting past 12, so why would he take well under slot at 10?

Alex: Delvin Perez is working out for the White Sox today. Have you heard them on him at 10 at all?

Klaw: I’ve heard him sliding and now teams after the Padres are revisiting him when earlier it seemed like he wouldn’t get that far.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 02:23 PM)
Alex: Delvin Perez is working out for the White Sox today. Have you heard them on him at 10 at all?

Klaw: I’ve heard him sliding and now teams after the Padres are revisiting him when earlier it seemed like he wouldn’t get that far.

Perez falling to 10 would make me jump for joy.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 02:10 PM)
Wow Hudson looks like s***. He doesn't have an out pitch it looks like. Don't draft him please.

Also, SEMO!!!

Neither pitcher looks good, but Hudson... ouch. He's not doing himself any favors by pitching this poorly right before the draft.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 04:55 PM)
Anyone think the Sox and Ray pull off what Houston and Cameron did in the '15 draft?

I think a better comp would be Rutherford. If the Sox were to land Ray and Rutherford.....