4/29: Sox vs Orioles, WPWR50, free MLB.com, 1PM

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 03:13 PM)
To be fair, it's not his job. I don't think it's nearly as easy as some make it seem.

Honestly play by play isn't the hard job. All you have to do is describe what is happening in front of you. If you know your sport, it comes pretty quickly and easily. Rangers problem is two fold. #1 he is trying to say too much, and instead of just saying what just happened, he is trying to describe with too many details what happened, and why it happened. #2 All you need to do is say what just happened. You have a color guy to talk about why. You also have time after the play to go back and add details to the original call.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 03:13 PM)
He is just as bad a post game host.

Hearing the callers he gets, he doesn't do half bad. He deals with some complete meatballs for a high majority of his calls. You can only sound so good when you are given a pile of meatballs to dress up.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 03:17 PM)
Hearing the callers he gets, he doesn't do half bad. He deals with some complete meatballs for a high majority of his calls. You can only sound so good when you are given a pile of meatballs to dress up.

Rongey does his job fine. He is there to take the calls with the majority of them being idiots. He gives a reasonable response. Then its over.

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 03:33 PM)
Samardzija s***s the bed (again)... and no one wants Don Cooper fired. Some how its the manager's fault that the starting pitcher wasn't prepared. Offense sucks and its again Robin's fault.

Seems logical.

https://twitter.com/brian_oleary/status/593510139501486080

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 03:40 PM)
I just want to point out that this was Quinarvys game thread to start. You f*** with the juju and this is what you get

Nah, it wasn't. I missed the 26th game because of the short start between the postponed and the regularly scheduled game.

I'll start the next one to restart the juju.

Sox are next to last in the AL in homers. This lineup just doesn't have any power outside of Abreu and LaRoche. It's hard to win a lot of games when you have minimal power and very few high OBP guys.

Edited by fathom

I don't hold Ventura responsible because player X or player Y has a bad game. I hold him responsible for managerial decisions and overall leadership.

As for Shark, yet another in the long, largely ugly, list of Kenny Williams' veteran "ace starters" he has to go out and trade young players to get (or order Hahn to do it), coupled with a little dab of "we'll show those cubbies".

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 05:23 PM)
Sox are next to last in the AL in homers. This lineup just doesn't have any power outside of Abreu and LaRoche. It's hard to win a lot of games when you have minimal power and very few high OBP guys.

Also last in RBI, BB SH, SF and SB. Worse, today's game is going to really affect our road attendance numbers. Some of the bad numbers can be attributed to the fact we have also played at least 2 games less than every team.

Edited by SCCWS

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 10:23 PM)

Scary post but seems to be true. Davidson to the rescue and encourage Avi to elevate more?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 04:48 PM)
From what I understand, there was a play Abreu should have made (double play ball?) that helped contribute to the big inning...or is that wrong?

Not sure if it would have been a double play for sure but he should have gotten the guy out at 2nd for sure.