Sox road woes

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 09:47 PM)
Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 4m4 minutes ago

#WhiteSox are just 61-110 on the road since the start of 2013.

9-2 score after three innings. Cmon, Robin. Wake up. ... We have obviously been patsies on a road a long time now. I'm glad Hayes looked that up. As a fan I know I've lamented a lot of lost series the past few seasons. I definitely have forgotten what it's like for the Sox to win road series on a halfway consistent basis. Team sucks big time on the road!

Edited by greg775

http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox/white-...ril-comes-close

Not sure this article will inspire anyone to have much hope...

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/b...it/34/league/al

The ugly road team splits for 2015.

You can also change to 2014 and 2013 regular seasons.

3.1 runs per game. Only six homers in ten games...lowest or bottom 3-4 in nearly every category.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 02:47 PM)
Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 4m4 minutes ago

#WhiteSox are just 61-110 on the road since the start of 2013.

64-117 if you pick up from the end of 2012.

Closing in on 33.333%. Not easy to do.

Edited by caulfield12

The Sox seem to score 2 runs a game that won't work.

The other thing that won't work is the current production of their starting pitching.

Sale 5.32

Samardzija 4.78

Q 6.55

Danks 5.64

Noesi 5.23

With the way they catch the ball, it is probably fortunate they are 8-11. If they play this bad and are 8-11, wins should come in bunches when they start to hit and pitch like normal.

Edited by Dick Allen

This team has the talent but they look soo damn flat it's disgusting. If it's not Robin's fault, whose fault is it? IMO the team takes on the personality of their manager. Even Ed Farmer called out Robin during his radio broadcast. If Robin isn't on the hot seat now, he will be soon with this uninspirering play.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ May 1, 2015 -> 11:34 AM)
This team has the talent but they look soo damn flat it's disgusting. If it's not Robin's fault, whose fault is it? IMO the team takes on the personality of their manager. Even Ed Farmer called out Robin during his radio broadcast. If Robin isn't on the hot seat now, he will be soon with this uninspirering play.

Was Farmer back on the air yesterday? If so, good for him.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ May 1, 2015 -> 04:34 PM)

Even our announcers' tone is negative this year. They don't want to see the same ol s*** all season. We've already played the Central teams enough to know we're not going to contend. So that leaves the wild card. We're not going to get that either at this rate.

My suggestion is fire Robin just to see if we have the ability to play over .500 this season and hang with the wild card contenders or not. If we don't, I'd be all for re-booting again. Trade Shark and Robertson at the break and try for a haul. Also trade Melky and LaRoche and Danks. Just keep trying til we get it right. All those guys may have some value to contenders.

I'm not giving up, but I'd like a new skipper to see if team can turn it around or not. If the answer is no ... reboot it!

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ May 1, 2015 -> 11:34 AM)

The White Sox organization always seems to have a hard time letting go of a manager. This also happened with Ozzie and Jerry. The team needs a change and it needs to happen now, not in September.

QUOTE (Lillian @ May 2, 2015 -> 04:38 PM)
They are now 8 and 13. To make the Wild Card, it will probably take around 88 wins. They need to go 80 and 61, the rest of the way.

How many of you think that they're capable of accomplishing that?

They would need get hot-- immediately. As in, win tomorrow, take 2 out of 3 from Detroit, then sweep Cincy.

If they play the first 28 at 11-17, that's a hole I don't seem them coming back from.

And the last 5 weeks of the season are just like the first 5 weeks of the season....8 series in the division. So even if they play good ball through August, what do you expect the Sox to do the last 32 games? They better be 72-58 by then just to have a shot to go 88-74. And they'd still have to go 16-16, which seems impossible against these teams.

• 2 weeks later...