Section 500 restricted access

JUGGERNAUT

Would you go to more games if the SOX repealed this decision  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Would you go to more games if the SOX repealed this decision

• 1) YES
    • 2) NO
    • 3) MAYBE

I'm gathering votes to try & get the restricted 500 access decision repealed at SOX PARK.

As many of you know if you buy a 500 section ticket (Upperdeck BOX or reserved)

you are restricted from Lowerdeck access. That means you do not got to check out the CF view, the CF walkway, Bullpen sports bar, Fast pitch, & the many food canopies on the lower deck.

This policy really sucks & has kept myself & several friends from going to the ballpark.

You ask why only 24K were there on Sat. This is one of the primary reasons.

24K is pretty much close to Lowerdeck capacity. Who wants to buy a ticket to a game in which 50-75% of the amenities are restricted to Upperdeck ticket holders?

Thanks for your support!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pony up $8 more and you can have all the amenities.

It's not a question of $$$, but seats available.

Right now there are only Lowerdeck Reserved available for tonight's game in the Lowerdeck. All BOX & bleachers are sold out.

The LDR are selling fast.

That means there will be only UD (sec 500) left by 5pm when I can get down there to buy tickets. Now if they will take $8 & give me both a sec 500 ticket & LD access I would be more than happy to fork it over.

As it is we are likely to pay ticketmaster the $4 to reserve LDR.

Of course how they SOX profit from that surcharge is beyond me.

I think tm get's it all.

I think it would make you feel like you're not welcome, but I like to sit in the lower sections anyway and am willing to pay the extra $$ to sit there.

I think they should reconsider that, though - it just seems exclusionary to me.

Dude, you need to VOTE! Don't just comment.

How the F any SOX fan could vote NO to this question escapes me.

Perhaps I should have restricted this poll to SOX FANS planning to go the games.

It looks as though we have trolls voting. :angry:

:fyou trolls!

I think it would make you feel like you're not welcome, but I like to sit in the lower sections anyway and am willing to pay the extra $$ to sit there.

Perhaps I should have restricted this poll to SOX FANS planning to go the games.

Juggernaut, I DID vote....I voted No.

The question was whether or not the policy would prevent me from attending games. Since I don't prefer to sit in the UD, it really doesn't.

I am not going to stay home because the Upper Deck people can't walk the concourse! :P

That said, I can sympathize and understand your frustration. It just doesn't affect me since I don't sit up there.

The question was whether or not the policy would prevent me from attending games. Since I don't prefer to sit in the UD, it really doesn't.

I am not going to stay home because the Upper Deck people can't walk the concourse! :P

That said, I can sympathize and understand your frustration. It just doesn't affect me since I don't sit up there.

Then vote MAYBE! How am I going to get the policy changed if the NO votes > YES votes.

And to you season ticket holders ... a BIG WIDE :fyou.

When the team is s***ty in years to come because we still can't support a 70MIL payroll because of ASS- :o like you I'll be sure to throw your pompous exclusive vote up your ass!

Then vote MAYBE! How am I going to get the policy changed if the NO votes > YES votes.

When the team is s***ty in years to come because we still can't support a 70MIL payroll because of ASS- :o like you I'll be sure to throw your pompous exclusive vote up your ass!

DON'T YOU TELL ME HOW TO VOTE!!!!

Who do you think you are, a Chicago precinct captain????

:D

It doesn't affect me at all, so it's not even a MAYBE in my mind.

I understand the point of your poll, but you're strongarming the wrong people here!!

....just for that I'm gonna vote NO AGAIN, TOUGH GUY!!!!!

:P :lol: :P

I understand the point of your poll, but you're strongarming the wrong people here!!

You people are hopeless.

Try thinking of someone other than yourselves once in a while.

When the team is s***ty in years to come because we still can't support a 70MIL payroll because of ASS- :o  like you I'll be sure to throw your pompous exclusive vote up your ass!

You think you're going to get it changed..?

That's funny.

And I think you need to turn your " :fyou " to the mirror "asshole". If it wasn't for us season ticket holders you wouldn't have what you've got. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it. Get off your high horse and become a season ticket holder.. whiner.

You people are hopeless. 

Okay, let me try..................

( putting on thinking cap )

Nope...............didn't work................sorry.

( taking off thinking cap, wiping off dust and placing it in nice safe place )

It's not a question of $$$, but seats available.

Right now there are only Lowerdeck Reserved available for tonight's game in the Lowerdeck.  All BOX & bleachers are sold out.

The LDR are selling fast.

That means there will be only UD (sec 500) left by 5pm when I can get down there to buy tickets.  Now if they will take $8 & give me both a sec 500 ticket & LD access I would be more than happy to fork it over.

As it is we are likely to pay ticketmaster the $4 to reserve LDR.

Of course how they SOX profit from that surcharge is beyond me.

I think tm get's it all.

Well then, if you want to sit in a seat in the lower bowl, buy one. If for some reason you don't want to buy one, sit in the upper deck. There were plenty of available lower deck seats for tonights game before today, so you have to act earlier. When you go on a plane and pay for coach, and there are a few empty seats in first class, do you question why you can't sit there? I like the policy.

You people are hopeless. 

Try doing something for yourself rather than b****ing and moaning and blaming others.

Are you brain dead?

I'm obviously doing something for myself with gathering votes to get the policy changed.

And only a loser would become a season ticket holder for a team that hasn't won a WS in nearly a century now. It's not a logical option.

You people are hopeless. 

Try doing something for yourself rather than b****ing and moaning and blaming others.

Steff, don't bother aggravating yourself about this.

What's he gonna do....throw stuff at you from his seat WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY up there????

He certainly can't come DOWN and look for you!!!

You people are hopeless. 

Are you brain dead?

I'm obviously doing something for myself with gathering votes to get the policy changed.

And only a loser would become a season ticket holder for a team that hasn't won a WS in nearly a century now. It's not a logical option.

No.. I'm not brain dead at all. But you obviously have some issues from the logic you're attempting to justify in this thread.

And only a "loser" would wait until the last minute and whine like a baby that he can't get a ticket.

BTW guys.. I have 2 extras for tonight.. who needs 2?

Hey f*** you! The reason we don't have a fan base is becasue assholes like you sit at home and wait for a pennant race then b**** and f***in moan how there are no good seats left. If you went earlier and bought the seats, they are half price all of the time now, you wouldn't have this problem. I understand the constraints of money but don't you dare blame the people that spend and in may cases lose money on their team. I am using two unused tickets for a Tampa game and turning them in tomorrow and will have s***ty seats but I will be happy there are 30K+ fans there. Enjoy your miserable thoughts.

You people are hopeless. 

Steff, don't bother aggravating yourself about this.

What's he gonna do....throw stuff at you from his seat WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY up there????

He certainly can't come DOWN and look for you!!!

Oh Lord.. I'm so not bothered by this one. I actually shut the door from the auditors and needed a break. It's been a s***ty weekend (except for the game Saturday) and I needed a laugh.

:lol:

You people are hopeless. 

Are you brain dead?

No.. I'm not brain dead at all. But you obviously have some issues from the logic you're attempting to justify in this thread.

And only a "loser" would wait until the last minute and whine like a baby that he can't get a ticket.

BTW guys.. I have 2 extras for tonight.. who needs 2?

I could bring the boy but at 2 he doesn't find the field and game more entertaining than running up and down the ramps. Wife gets to go tonight and I get tomorrow and/or Wednesday.

You people are hopeless.

There are plenty of ways to get discounted tickets. You could have had one of the booklets with 2 free lower deck tickets and 15 buy 1 get 1 free coupons. You could get a Sox 7 where you pay full price for 6 games and get the next one for $1. You could go on half priced night, I believe lower deck reserved are $12 tonight. You way out of line giving season tickeholders s***. We are the ones who put up money to go to games. We are the ones they base their payroll on, not someone who is too cheap to buy a ticket in the lower deck.

I'm done trying to help this team.

The LD capacity is 24K.

When the team is still w/out a championship 10 yrs from now because we still can't support a 70MIL payroll we can all point to the posts in this thread who somehow think UD ticket holders near game day should be penalized for supporting the SOX.

You can't get past 24K without these ticket holders, but of course restricting the amenities of the park to them is a sure way to get their support.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/040036449D083D47/?

FANS HOLDING INDIVIDUAL GAME TICKETS FOR THE UPPER DECK (500 LEVEL) WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS OTHER LEVELS OF THE BALLPARK.

That's a sure way to get to a 30K average!