Would you go to more games if the SOX repealed this decision  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Would you go to more games if the SOX repealed this decision

• 1) YES
    • 2) NO
    • 3) MAYBE

I'm done trying to help this team.

The LD capacity is 24K.

When the team is still w/out a championship 10 yrs from now because we still can't support a 70MIL payroll we can all point to the posts in this thread who somehow think UD ticket holders near game day should be penalized for supporting the SOX.

You can't get past 24K without these ticket holders, but of course restricting the amenities of the park to them is a sure way to get their support.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/040036449D083D47/?

FANS HOLDING INDIVIDUAL GAME TICKETS FOR THE UPPER DECK (500 LEVEL) WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS OTHER LEVELS OF THE BALLPARK.

That's a sure way to get to a 30K average!

Ummm... you can buy season tickets in the upper deck and that allows you access to the LD. Even the Sox 7.

C'mon.. next excuse??

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Section 500 ticket holders used to be able to go down to the lower deck until Ligue and a certain Cub fan. If you're looking for someone to blame, blame them. Don't blame the season ticket holders or the posters here that go to 10+ games a year and spend the money to sit in the lower deck.

Oh my God, man, quit cryin'!

It's not even that nice down there, the UD concourse is JUST as good!!!

Just go on a half-price Monday or Tuesday, or plan it out a little in advance. Give blood, sell some recyclables, put some pennies away and buy a lower deck ticket!

The Sox should not HAVE to change their policy because YOU wanted to wait til the last second before deciding to grace them with your infrequent presence!!!

Boo Hoo Hoo.....had me then ya lost me....

Then vote MAYBE!   How am I going to get the policy changed if the NO votes > YES votes.

And to you season ticket holders ... a BIG WIDE   :fyou.

When the team is s***ty in years to come because we still can't support a 70MIL payroll because of ASS- :o  like you I'll be sure to throw your pompous exclusive vote up your ass!

You think you're going to get it changed..?

That's funny.

And I think you need to turn your " :fyou " to the mirror "asshole". If it wasn't for us season ticket holders you wouldn't have what you've got. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it. Get off your high horse and become a season ticket holder.. whiner.

I actually don't agree with the policy either, but I understand the need for it. It would not, however, make me go to more games. What I didn't agree with was the restriction being in place for the All-Star game this year. I didn't care about sitting in the upper deck because I'm at the park plenty in the lower deck, but for someone coming from out of town or someone who has never been at the park, I thought it was a bad idea to restrict access to the lower bowl.

"Get off your high horse and become a season ticket holder.. whiner."

Wow, I didn't realize this was a message board for the rich only. "Get off your high horse"? Maybe you should take some of your own advice. This coming from a poster who throws "season ticket holder" and "I sit with the players wives" around constantly like it's some sort of staus symbol. I'm quite sure that most members of this board do their share of getting to the games, but season tickets may not be in the budget for alot also, I would guess. Season tickets is not like a season pass to Six Flags, not even close. Now please, step down off your high horse.

The LD capacity is 24K.

When the team is still w/out a championship 10 yrs from now because we still can't support a 70MIL payroll we can all point to the posts in this thread who somehow think UD ticket holders near game day should be penalized for supporting the SOX.

You can't get past 24K without these ticket holders, but of course restricting the amenities of the park to them is a sure way to get their support.

FANS HOLDING INDIVIDUAL GAME TICKETS FOR THE UPPER DECK (500 LEVEL) WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS OTHER LEVELS OF THE BALLPARK.

Your absolutely right. If the Sox don't win the World Series in the next 10 years, it will be because of guys like me who have my full season tickets paid for in January. Not because some cheap ass like you can' t come up with an extra couple bucks to sit in the lower deck and decides to stay home. I'm sure there were pretty good lower deck seats to tonights game back in April. And if you ever went to a game, you could go to the advance game window and save yourself the ticketmaster fees.

Wow, I didn't realize this was a message board for the rich only.  "Get off your high horse"?  Maybe you should take some of your own advice.  This coming from a poster who throws "season ticket holder" and "I sit with the players wives" around constantly like it's some sort of staus symbol.  I'm quite sure that most members of this board do their share of getting to the games, but season tickets may not be in the budget for alot also, I would guess.  Season tickets is not like a season pass to Six Flags, not even close.  Now please, step down off your high horse.

Excuse me???

I'm far from rich. Responsible in alloting my money to pay for a hobby I am passionate about. And it takes as little as $300 to be a Sox season ticket holder.

And you obviously have me mistaken for someone else. I don't sit with the players wives. :dips***

And I'm not on any high horse. Just refusing to allow someone to s*** on me because I don't wait till the last minute then b**** and moan about not being able to go.

The LD capacity is 24K.

Your absolutely right. If the Sox don't win the World Series in the next 10 years, it will be because of guys like me who have my full season tickets paid for in January. Not because some cheap ass like you can' t come up with an extra couple bucks to sit in the lower deck and decides to stay home. I'm sure there were pretty good lower deck seats to tonights game back in April. And if you ever went to a game, you could go to the advance game window and save yourself the ticketmaster fees.

:fyou. I go to about 12 gms a year. And I usually pay the ticket-master fees.

Unlike you I have a principle: the team must have a .500 record for me to go see them.

My friends adhere to this rule as well.

Of course the first month & opening day is an exception.

When they consistently make the playoffs year after year, like the A's, the M's, & NYY's then we'll consider bending our rules & go for season tickets or at least ticket pkgs.

Enjoy your less packed concourse & your view of all the empty seats in the UD as you cheer on a team that struggles past mediocrity year after year on your principles.

the way you say you only head out to the park when we are above .500 makes you look like a fairweather fan... if you only care about going to games when the sox are doiong well means nothing you have to support your team even when they are doing bad...sure if they are doing bad you may not want to go to as many games but you should still support them and cheer them on... i bought all my sox 7 tix b4 the season started and I would have gone to every game even if there were gonna lose 100 games and i would be compelled to buy more for the next year just so i can support the sox

seasons tickets holders in the upper deck can go down stairs all they want :headbang :headbang

that is, except for the cubs series, opening day, the all star game and a very few other rare times.

I'm not thrilled with the policy but I understand why it is in place and frankly since I have total park access and I sacrifice a lot of things to have seasons tickets, I don't lose any sleep over it at all. You get what you pay for.

The original reason for restricting access on sell outs is that the crowd gets really deep on the councourse and was it two seasons ago they had someone with a heart attack out there and they couldn't get the stretcher, etc. to him easily at all.

It wasn't the Ligues who screwed it up, it was the first Kansas City series this year when those drunk cubs fans ran on the field. Prior to that game, the ushers actually encouraged all upper deck people to move down below when the crowd was smaller. After the night of many drunks on the field, this "restricted for all games" policy was put into effect. And I have seen no compelling reason to change it.

And again, since it doesn't affect me - sounds selfish perhaps but the people who buy seasons tickets aren't going to jump on the field and cause trouble. When the playoffs come I will be up and not allowed down because the sellout policy of total restrictions will be in place and I won't give a damn since I am a simpleton and will be happy just to have any seats for playoff games, happy just to be there.

I hear your frustrations, guy - it just isn't going to change this year.

:fyou.  I go to about 12 gms a year. And I usually pay the ticket-master fees.

Unlike you I have a principle: the team must have a .500 record for me to go see them.

When they consistently make the playoffs year after year, like the A's, the M's, & NYY's then we'll consider bending our rules & go for season tickets or at least ticket pkgs.

Enjoy your less packed concourse & your view of all the empty seats in the UD as you cheer on a team that struggles past mediocrity year after year on your principles.

Ahhh.. fairweather.

Now I see what drives your logic.

The LD capacity is 24K.  

:fyou. I go to about 12 gms a year. And I usually pay the ticket-master fees.

I don't sit in the lower level anyway. So I don't get those amenities. I'm in the Club level. If you had season tickets to the upper deck, you would have access to the lower bowl. And you have it backwards. I'm with them through thick and thin, not a fairweather fan like yourself. Guys like you are what ultimately could keep this team mediocre. By the way, if this team becomes a perrenial contender and all the tickets are bought up while you are so slow to react, what will your complaint be then?

:fyou.  I go to about 12 gms a year. And I usually pay the ticket-master fees.

Ahhh.. fairweather.

Demanding performance from your team is what separates us from sCrUB fans.

I do support them by watching them on TV or listening to them on the radio when they are performing below mediocrity.

I don't sit in the lower level anyway. So I don't get those amenities. I'm in the Club level. If you had season tickets to the upper deck, you would have access to the lower bowl. And you have it backwards. I'm with them through thick and thin, not a fairweather fan like yourself. Guys like you are what ultimately could keep this team mediocre. By the way, if this team becomes a perrenial contender and all the tickets are bought up while you are so slow to react, what will your complaint be then?

Jason.. here ya go.. DA is a Club Level ST Holder.. that's where the rich people sit.. LOL

:lol:

I hadn't seen that before my last post.

If that is the case, then I have no concern whatsoever at any time or any place for you and your friends getting into USCF because we have already enough people who come out of the woodwork who claim to be Sox fans and want tickets when they haven't supported the Sox all season.

While I was a Sox fan before, my first year of being able to go to many games on my own was 1970 - when we were 56-106.

I consider myself fortunate to be able to go the games period. While I'd love to see the Sox 50 games over every year, I am a Sox fan, not a fair weather fan. And that goes for my friends, too. We go back many years and that is where we meet - how we have never lost touch with each other - because good teams or bad teams, mighty teams or struggling teams, we are Sox fans and Sox fans go to the game.

:fyou.  I go to about 12 gms a year.   And I usually pay the ticket-master fees.

Ahhh.. fairweather.

I do support them by watching them on TV or listening to them on the radio when they are performing below mediocrity.

Sox fans demand Effort.

Baseball knowledge.. that's what separates Sox and Cubs fans. Supporting your team through thick and thin.. (which does not mean attending 50 games a year either) that's what separates the real fans from the fairweathers.

:fyou.  I go to about 12 gms a year.   And I usually pay the ticket-master fees.

Ahhh.. fairweather.

They are in first place, have a big 4 game series with a team they are tied with, and you are too cheap to come up with $5 extra. Obviously your statement is BS. You are just one of those guys who will find something wrong with everything. When they fix the upperdeck, you'll then complain about the blue seats. When they make the blue seats green, you complain about the neighborhood. When the neighborhood gets fixed up, you'll complain about the cost of parking. It will go on and on and on..............................................................

wrong.

Intelligence and knowledge of baseball is what separates us from the north siders.

There is no excuse for not going to see the team you say you are a fan of, whatever their record.

If everyone had your attitude, the team would have been out of Chicago and located elsewhere a long time ago.

The game experience, the USCF experience, is more than winning and losing. It is tribal. Sox fans show up and non Sox fans don't.

Ahhh.. fairweather.

Supporting the Sox from your living room or listening to the radio is not going to bring in better players. and produce better results.

They are in first place, have a big 4 game series with a team they are tied with, and you are too cheap to come up with $5 extra. Obviously your statement is BS. You are just one of those guys who will find something wrong with everything. When they fix the upperdeck, you'll then complain about the blue seats. When they make the blue seats green, you complain about the neighborhood. When the neighborhood gets fixed up, you'll complain about the cost of parking. It will go on and on and on..............................................................

excellent point :headbang :headbang :headbang

There is no excuse for not going to see the team you say you are a fan of, whatever their record.

Yes there is. Where you live has a lot to do with Sox fans. My sister - who is still in Florida (and married to a Yankee fan bless her soul the woman is a saint) is only able to get here once a year for the Cub's series and drives to Tampa when they play there. But she goes no matter what their record faithfully.

Jason.. here ya go.. DA is a Club Level ST Holder.. that's where the rich people sit.. LOL

:lol:

I wish I was rich. There are a lot of dopes like me on the Club Level. They aren't $40 for season tickets, they are $27. Considering what other teams charge, its a pretty good deal.

I know. We almost moved up there but I like sitting in RF by the patio. Easy access to the bathrooms and ramps down. And of course Kelly serves us from the bar - which is a huge bonus ;)

I find it funny that a guy who demands .500 or above in the standings before he'll consider going to a game is b****ing and moaning that about 20,000 other people, just like him, were smart enough to get HALF-PRICE tix to a HUGE SERIES before the DoG so that they could sit in the lower bowl. :rolleyes:

Yes there is. Where you live has a lot to do with Sox fans. My sister - who is still in Florida (and married to a Yankee fan bless her soul the woman is a saint) is only able to get here once a year for the Cub's series and drives to Tampa when they play there. But she goes no matter what their record faithfully.

I have to agree with Steff I went to Sat. game, and hoepfully will go once more before I head back to Cali. When they were in Oakland in May I went to the games as well, but hell if they had only one win I would have went this year to USCF because its the sox and I love to see them at least one time when I vist Chicago durning the summer.