Section 500 restricted access

JUGGERNAUT

Would you go to more games if the SOX repealed this decision  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Would you go to more games if the SOX repealed this decision

• 1) YES
    • 2) NO
    • 3) MAYBE

Jason.. here ya go.. DA is a Club Level ST Holder.. that's where the rich people sit.. LOL

:lol:

I wish I was rich. There are a lot of dopes like me on the Club Level. They aren't $40 for season tickets, they are $27. Considering what other teams charge, its a pretty good deal.

I know. We almost moved up there but I like sitting in RF by the patio. Easy access to the bathrooms and ramps down. And of course Kelly serves us from the bar - which is a huge bonus ;)

If there's one thing that bothers me, its going down the ramps after the game. I usually walk up them to our seats, but going down bugs me. I wish they reversed the escalators, but some drunk would probably tumble, take about 50 people with him, and lawyers would get rich. I also wish they had stairs, like the one entrance in CF that was closed off after the first year in the old park.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no excuse for not going to see the team you say you are a fan of, whatever their record.

Yes there is. Where you live has a lot to do with Sox fans. My sister - who is still in Florida (and married to a Yankee fan bless her soul the woman is a saint) is only able to get here once a year for the Cub's series and drives to Tampa when they play there. But she goes no matter what their record faithfully.

oh come on, of course that is an exception.

So is being parapalegic or quadrapeligic.

So is being 11.

So is being in a nursing home.

So is being away at school.

So are other valid reasons.

I didn't know that we had to have all the obvious exceptions put in for the sake of this thread.

There is no excuse for not going to see the team you say you are a fan of, whatever their record.

Yes there is. Where you live has a lot to do with Sox fans. My sister - who is still in Florida (and married to a Yankee fan bless her soul the woman is a saint) is only able to get here once a year for the Cub's series and drives to Tampa when they play there. But she goes no matter what their record faithfully.

So is being 11.

I didn't know that we had to have all the obvious exceptions put in for the sake of this thread.

You forgot working the afternoon shift in September :bang

I voted no because I will go to the games and sit anywhere no matter what. I try and get lower deck seats, but if I have to go to the Upper Deck, so be it. I agree with the Sox for restricting access to the upper deck. Another example of how a couple of rotten apples have ruined it for us all. Too bad, I guess.

So is being 11.

I didn't say you had to. I just sighted one example. Geez Vince.. take a Midol.

What this thread proves is you don't give a s*** about the walk-up fan base.

So be it.

Since all fans who aren't season ticket holders are s*** in your eyes, then keep your Mutha-F'g mouth shut when it comes to attendance.

You've pissed me off so much now, I'm not going tonight. :fyou

So be it.

Since all fans who aren't season ticket holders are s*** in your eyes, then keep your Mutha-F'g mouth shut when it comes to attendance.

You've pissed me off so much now, I'm not going tonight.  :fyou

Like you really needed a reason :bang :bang :bang

So be it.

...but they're OVER .500!!!!!

:rolleyes:

It's okay, I'm sure you'll support them by flipping the radio on...

The people here are not ALL season-ticket holders, so your argument is as lame as your pathetic cry for help.

Go, don't go, who cares???

Excuse me???

I'm far from rich. Responsible in alloting my money to pay for a hobby I am passionate about. And it takes as little as $300 to be a Sox season ticket holder.

And you obviously have me mistaken for someone else. I don't sit with the players wives.  :dips***

And I'm not on any high horse. Just refusing to allow someone to s*** on me because I don't wait till the last minute then b**** and moan about not being able to go.

No, you're the one I was thinking of. I must have got it wrong, you don't sit with the players wives, you just brag about knowing some of them and the players. If I'm not mistaken, you posted here that at the All Star game you were able to help a friend with upper deck tickets get into the lower section. Don't be a hypocrite. What irks me is the attitude that you and some of the other season ticket holders have displayed here in this post. You act like the people who sit in the upper deck aren't as good a fan because they don't pay as much for their tickets. Economics. Some people can afford it, while others can't. 300 bucks is 300 bucks, and while you may have set that money aside, Joe Soxfan might be working a double at the mill so he can make ends meet and only buys upper deck tickets when he can because its all he can afford. Comments like "Get off your high horse and become a season ticket holder.. whiner" implys a very pompous attitude. Without these "whiners" as you like to refer to them, attendance would be worse than it already is. The season ticket holder base is only 7,000-10,000 (I don't know an exact number).

So be it.

...but they're OVER .500!!!!!

:rolleyes:

It's okay, I'm sure you'll support them by flipping the radio on...

The people here are not ALL season-ticket holders, so your argument is as lame as your pathetic cry for help.

Go, don't go, who cares???

Don't worry it wasn't you. Ass-:o:

They sold out the LD reserved. I didn't get my tm transaction done in time.

Yeah, go ahead laugh it up, condemn me for trying to buy tickets at the last minute, or whatever high & mighty excuse you want to come up with.

The fact remains it's now the restricted access policy that's keeping me away.

I'm actually more of a die-hard than my friends & am willing to go the 500 sec route, but they won't.

It's no fun being in a restricted access section alone.

The fact remains it's now the restricted access policy that's keeping me away.

I'm actually more of a die-hard than my friends & am willing to go the 500 sec route, but they won't.

If a policy is going to keep you away from one of the biggest series of the season, then you are as fairweather as they come.

The Northside baseball team has an upper deck that is not as steep with none of the attractions that Comiskey Park offers. Maybe you'll be happier there. And the Northside ballclub will scalp good tickets to you if you're willing to pay a "premium" price :rolleyes: .

Excuse me???

I'm far from rich. Responsible in alloting my money to pay for a hobby I am passionate about. And it takes as little as $300 to be a Sox season ticket holder.

And you obviously have me mistaken for someone else. I don't sit with the players wives.  :dips***

And I'm not on any high horse. Just refusing to allow someone to s*** on me because I don't wait till the last minute then b**** and moan about not being able to go.

No, you're the one I was thinking of. I must have got it wrong, you don't sit with the players wives, you just brag about knowing some of them and the players. If I'm not mistaken, you posted here that at the All Star game you were able to help a friend with upper deck tickets get into the lower section. Don't be a hypocrite. What irks me is the attitude that you and some of the other season ticket holders have displayed here in this post. You act like the people who sit in the upper deck aren't as good a fan because they don't pay as much for their tickets. Economics. Some people can afford it, while others can't. 300 bucks is 300 bucks, and while you may have set that money aside, Joe Soxfan might be working a double at the mill so he can make ends meet and only buys upper deck tickets when he can because its all he can afford. Comments like "Get off your high horse and become a season ticket holder.. whiner" implys a very pompous attitude. Without these "whiners" as you like to refer to them, attendance would be worse than it already is. The season ticket holder base is only 7,000-10,000 (I don't know an exact number).

Economics, right. Well if all you can afford is upper deck tickets, then sit in the upper deck. Don't b**** and moan that you should be entitled to sit in seats you have decided not to buy. And why not use some cunning and guile and sneak your way into the lower deck. Its not exactly a firing squad guarding the gate.By the way, the upper deck is not nearly as bad as it is made out to be, especially the first few rows in the infield. There are a lot of people who prefer to sit up there.

Excuse me???

Economics, right. Well if all you can afford is upper deck tickets, then sit in the upper deck. Don't b**** and moan that you should be entitled to sit in seats you have decided not to buy. And why not use some cunning and guile and sneak your way into the lower deck. Its not exactly a firing squad guarding the gate.By the way, the upper deck is not nearly as bad as it is made out to be, especially the first few rows in the infield. There are a lot of people who prefer to sit up there.

Sorry Dick, if you are going to quote me, try to follow along. My arguement was with some of the pompous attitudes being displayed here throughout the thread by a few of the season ticket holders.

Excuse me???

Sorry Dick, if you are going to quote me, try to follow along. My arguement was with some of the pompous attitudes being displayed here throughout the thread by a few of the season ticket holders.

There have been no pompous attitudes on display here, except for the guy who started the thread, believing that he should be entitled access to anywhere he wants while buying a ticket for the upper deck. Sit where you bought a ticket to sit, or think of a way to bypass the system, its really not that hard.

Excuse me???

There have been no pompous attitudes on display here, except for the guy who started the thread, believing that he should be entitled access to anywhere he wants while buying a ticket for the upper deck. Sit where you bought a ticket to sit, or think of a way to bypass the system, its really not that hard.

here's a few comments...

"Get off your high horse and become a season ticket holder.. whiner."

"We are the ones who put up money to go to games. We are the ones they base their payroll on, not someone who is too cheap to buy a ticket in the lower deck."

I can understand why someone would be upset, not being able to enjoy the fan deck or the excellent food items on the lower deck.

But don't blame us season ticket holders, or give us the finger jerkoff. We keep this team afloat financially while fairweather fans like yourself, Juggernaut b**** and moan and exclaim we are losers. Then you claim to be a better fan.

I have season tickets in the upperdeck, by the way. It's nice and quiet there. I enjoy it.

I pretend like it's "Come Dressed Up as a Blue Seat Day"

But then again, being a season ticket holder allows me access to the lower deck. Which I hardly do until it's time to head down to the Bullpen Bar

:cheers

Excuse me???

here's a few comments...

"We are the ones who put up money to go to games. We are the ones they base their payroll on, not someone who is too cheap to buy a ticket in the lower deck."

Did you see what those comments were in response to ? The second one was mine and it was in response to the comment that the Sox would never have a $70 million payroll because of season ticketholders. I do think the Sox payroll budget is largely based on their season ticket base, not based on whether a guy is too cheap to pay $5 to access a couple more areas he wants be in. He also said that being a season ticketholder for a team that has gone as long as the Sox without winning a World Series is for losers. If everyone had his attitude about purchasing tickets, this team would resemble the Detroit Tigers.

I call for an end to the thread. I never should have asked it with respect to a personal affirmation of whether you would or would not go to more games.

Though I can't stand the season ticker holders comments in this thread it at least gives us a perspective why they really don't give a s*** about attendance.

Just for the record, this is not entirely about $.

If the SOX were to offer an UDB ticket for the same price as the LDR ticket we would gladly pay the difference for access to the best part of the park.

I will open a new poll which just asks a general question not dependant on a person's current ticket holding status.

So be it.

You're strange. Most people I know and am friends with ARE NOT season ticket holders yet support the team when they can. And sorry but unlike you I don't base my friendships on ones ability to attend baseball games. Heck.. some of my friends are even.. gasp... Cub fans who have never even been to Comiskey.

You need some help.

Excuse me???

here's a few comments...

Did you see what those comments were in response to ? The second one was mine and it was in response to the comment that the Sox would never have a $70 million payroll because of season ticketholders. I do think the Sox payroll budget is largely based on their season ticket base, not based on whether a guy is too cheap to pay $5 to access a couple more areas he wants be in. He also said that being a season ticketholder for a team that has gone as long as the Sox without winning a World Series is for losers. If everyone had his attitude about purchasing tickets, this team would resemble the Detroit Tigers.

The Sox have long been known as a blue collar team. They recently haven't had the season ticket base you'd like to see. This team depends alot to the "Walk-up fan" or whatever you want to call them. Alot of the Sox fans now, go when it is convenient or when they can afford it. If all they can afford is an upper deck ticket, then so be it, I'm glad to have them at them park. In my 1st post in this thread, I stated that I don't agree with the policy, but understand why it is in place. I do have a problem with the fan that buys the cheapest ticket, then sneaks their way down to the "better" seats, hence the reason the restriction was put in place. No, season ticket holders are not losers, as the other poster mentioned, they are a very valuable fan, but so are the "walk-up fan".

"...not based on whether a guy is too cheap to pay $5 to access a couple more areas he wants be in"

If Joe Soxfan goes with a family of 6, that $5 turns into $30, and that is the part that might make it expensive for a certain fan. Not because he is cheap. Not by a longshot.

No, you're the one I was thinking of.  I must have got it wrong, you don't sit with the players wives, you just brag about knowing some of them and the players.  If I'm not mistaken, you posted here that at the All Star game you were able to help a friend with upper deck tickets get into the lower section.  Don't be a hypocrite.  What irks me is the attitude that you and some of the other season ticket holders have displayed here in this post.  You act like the people who sit in the upper deck aren't as good a fan because they don't pay as much for their tickets.  Economics.  Some people can afford it, while others can't.  300 bucks is 300 bucks, and while you may have set that money aside, Joe Soxfan might be working a double at the mill so he can make ends meet and only buys upper deck tickets when he can because its all he can afford.  Comments like "Get off your high horse and become a season ticket holder.. whiner" implys a very pompous attitude.  Without these "whiners" as you like to refer to them, attendance would be worse than it already is.  The season ticket holder base is only 7,000-10,000 (I don't know an exact number).

So what I know some of them. They're just regular folks that put their pants on one leg at a time. If YOU think for some strange reason that makes me a better person then it's you with the issue.. not me.

And how am I being an hypocrite...? SEVERAL people on this very board have benifited from MY lower level seats..I show no bias to ANYONE. How does that make me better than them? And who exactly have I belittled for sitting in the UD..? I sit in the UD for 1 of every Cubs series.. I don't have a problem with ANY seat in the park. And I've sat in plenty of them. So, again.. how exactly do I think I'm better than anyone else? Fact is you have no point here. Don't bother to get tickets yet complain when you can't get the ones you want.. that was the point of this thread. I gave a valid solution. You don't like it.. don't comment on it.

Regarding the $300 comment.. he said he already goes to 12 or so games a year. That's more than $300. So pay attention, or don't comment.

And btw, you're about 5K off on the season ticket base.

So what I know some of them. They're just regular folks that put their pants on one leg at a time. If YOU think for some strange reason that makes me a better person then it's you with the issue.. not me.

And how am I being an hypocrite...? SEVERAL people on this very board have benifited from MY lower level seats..I show no bias to ANYONE.  How does that make me better than them? And who exactly have I belittled for sitting in the UD..? I sit in the UD for 1 of every Cubs series.. I don't have a problem with ANY seat in the park. And I've sat in plenty of them. So, again.. how exactly do I think I'm better than anyone else? Fact is you have no point here. Don't bother to get tickets yet complain when you can't get the ones you want.. that was the point of this thread. I gave a valid solution. You don't like it.. don't comment on it.

Regarding the $300 comment.. he said he already goes to 12 or so games a year. That's more than $300. So pay attention, or don't comment.

And btw, you're about 5K off on the season ticket base.

Why are you people fighting over this crap? :rolleyes:

Sorry Dick, if you are going to quote me, try to follow along.  My arguement was with some of the pompous attitudes being displayed here throughout the thread by a few of the season ticket holders.

Oh please... show me the pompus attitudes.. Complain about not being able to get tickets on DOG.. call season tickholders assholes BEFORE they said anything negative to him and we're the pompus ones..? Whatever..

I call for an end to the thread.  I never should have asked it with respect to a personal affirmation of whether you would or would not go to more games.

Though I can't stand the season ticker holders comments in this thread it at least gives us a perspective why they really don't give a s*** about attendance.

Just for the record, this is not entirely about $.

If the SOX were to offer an UDB ticket for the same price as the LDR ticket we would gladly pay the difference for access to the best part of the park.

I will open a new poll which just asks a general question not dependant on a person's current ticket holding status.

Sorry, but it doesn't matter. Even if I wasn't a season ticket holder I would simply buy the tickets to the games I want to attend in advance. And yes, they would be in the LD.