5/2 - White Sox vs Twins

flavum

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 2, 2015 -> 04:45 PM)
He is throwing 94-98 with an 89-91 slider. Stuff isn't his problem. It is pretty spectacular.

are you watching the same game in the same universe as we are? That was some of the worst stuff he's ever brought out. No command, flat slider for the most part, NO CHANGEUP and his fastball spotting at 94 just to grab a strike.

Goodness man wtf are your eyes seeing?

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 2, 2015 -> 08:45 PM)
He is throwing 94-98 with an 89-91 slider. Stuff isn't his problem. It is pretty spectacular.

The Twins must have the greatest hitters in the world then, cause they are having no problems squaring up and teeing off. I know the eye test doesn't matter, but the eye test tells me he's got pedestrian stuff today.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 2, 2015 -> 03:46 PM)
are you watching the same game in the same universe as we are? That was some of the worst stuff he's ever brought out. No command, flat slider for the most part, NO CHANGEUP and his fastball spotting at 94 just to grab a strike.

Goodness man wtf are your eyes seeing?

LMAO.

No question his command was off, and his control was a problem early. If the sliders he threw Mauer even looked liked a possibke strike, he was struck out. But for pure stuff, it was really good.

My eyes see good stuff. Good stuff doesn't equal good results.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 2, 2015 -> 03:50 PM)
The Twins must have the greatest hitters in the world then, cause they are having no problems squaring up and teeing off. I know the eye test doesn't matter, but the eye test tells me he's got pedestrian stuff today.

He hasn't given up any runs. Gave up a couple inherited, one on a soft liner to RF, another on a SF.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 2, 2015 -> 08:52 PM)
He hasn't given up any runs. Gave up a couple inherited, one on a soft liner to RF, another on a SF.

That one pitch was blasted into oblivion a half inch from the foul line. Whatever. I see lousy stuff for the most part today at least from Rodon.