5/2 - White Sox vs Twins

flavum

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ May 2, 2015 -> 09:22 PM)
He'll take blame because that's what GMs do. But I still like him and think he's a smart GM.

That said, he needs a new manager, and his team president and owner need to allow him to do that.

Only way out of this mess. Fire Robin and the entire staff after the season ... after all the guys we acquired in last year's trades are shipped during the season. Start planning the firesale now and get some amazing baseball players for Melky, Robertson, LaRoche, Duke, Danks, Lexi. We have some pieces contenders will want. Go young and go for talent.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ May 2, 2015 -> 03:24 PM)
Look at those hitters in the 9th. Sox haven't had a real hitter on the bench in a decade. Pinch runners, utility players....everything but a decent bat.

Oh and call up Sanchez

Flowers was their last bench player, the whole bench had already been used up.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2015 -> 09:25 PM)
They built a team with speed that is bad at stealing bases. Due to the need for speed, they neglected getting enough power in the lineup. Way too much reliance on Avi showing power development.

The team speed is still putrid on the whole. It's still mostly a station to station team. Couple guys can run a bit.

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ May 2, 2015 -> 04:20 PM)
Sorry, I seem to like Rick Hahn's moves when they are initially completed, but he bares a helluva lot of responsibility for this mess. Shark is terrible, Gillaspie is terrible, Flowers is terrible, Danks & Noesi suck, the bench stinks, Rodon is being handled horribly, and this might be the worst coaching staff in baseball.

KW's fingerprints were all over most of the moves, especially the rent of shark.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 2, 2015 -> 10:24 PM)
Then let Hahn pick his own manager and not have to get a ok from Williams on everything...............Let him be the GM without looking over his shoulder.

If you really aren't in charge, why take the job? Its like Cashman, when the moves don't work, the fans blame the Steinbrenners, when they work out well, it was a shrewd move by Cash. He's got it made in the shade.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ May 2, 2015 -> 10:28 PM)
KW's fingerprints were all over most of the moves, especially the rent of shark.

Well we all know for a fact that as long as KW is making moves, this team cannot possible compete. Other than one great offseason in which he had the midas touch, KW has been as incompetent as anyone in baseball.

At this point, I'm hoping guys like Samardzija, Danks, Ramirez, Cabrera, LaRoche and Beckham (as a bench depth option for a team) make themselves look attractive to teams from now until 7/31. Try again this off season.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 2, 2015 -> 03:25 PM)
Only way out of this mess. Fire Robin and the entire staff after the season ... after all the guys we acquired in last year's trades are shipped during the season. Start planning the firesale now and get some amazing baseball players for Melky, Robertson, LaRoche, Duke, Danks, Lexi. We have some pieces contenders will want. Go young and go for talent.

There's no trade market the first week of May.

Robertson being traded...means they're rebuilding again, which they cannot afford to do. And the return (die to his salary) wont be great unless there are 2-3 closers from contending teams all down simultaneously.

Alexei looks older.

LaRoche and Cabrera cant be moved, and Danks will just be salary relief.

If you want to watch Beckham, Sanchez, Micah and Trayce Thompson play everyday....but you will be back to 2007 again.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ May 2, 2015 -> 04:28 PM)
If you really aren't in charge, why take the job? Its like Cashman, when the moves don't work, the fans blame the Steinbrenners, when they work out well, it was a shrewd move by Cash. He's got it made in the shade.

Williams every chance he gets in interviews let you know he is final decision maker. KW still has finger in everything and does not have to answer for day to day crap. KW my friend has it made in the shade, JR biggest fault is loyalty he never cuts ties soon enough.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ May 2, 2015 -> 10:24 PM)
I can't really blame Hahn too much, literally everyone is underperforming, even guys like Sale and Quintana. I can't really hold him too responsible when nearly everyone is on pace for their career-worst season.

If every single person is underperforming, thats on you. Most teams don't have every player underperforming. Bad teams have underperforming players. Bad teams have GM's that don't stay long.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 2, 2015 -> 09:30 PM)
There's no trade market the first week of May.

Robertson being traded...means they're rebuilding again, which they cannot afford to do. And the return (die to his salary) wont be great unless there are 2-3 closers from contending teams all down simultaneously.

Alexei looks older.

LaRoche and Cabrera cant be moved, and Danks will just be salary relief.

If you want to watch Beckham, Sanchez, Micah and Trayce Thompson play everyday....but you will be back to 2007 again.

I think they can afford to rebuild. s***, these veteran laden teams can't sniff .500. The Twins are .500. Fans will still come to see Abreu and the team will probably be better anyway during rebuilding than it is now.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 2, 2015 -> 10:30 PM)
Williams every chance he gets in interviews let you know he is final decision maker. KW still has finger in everything and does not have to answer for day to day crap. KW my friend has it made in the shade,

Maybe, but the fan base still blames KW. If Hahn can have the title of GM and not be blamed for any of the s***ty moves made, he too has it made in the shade. Sorry, I'm through calling the guy a good GM when he hasn't won s***

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 2, 2015 -> 03:30 PM)
What organization would desperately want Shark that we could rob blind in return? It's time to start planning some big-time trades and Hahn has to win all of them.

The Cubs, lol.

Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, Giants, Cardinals, Blue Jays...if Paxton and Walker dont turn things around, Seattle.

Detroit if Verlander's out through the All-Star break.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 2, 2015 -> 10:32 PM)
I think they can afford to rebuild. s***, these veteran laden teams can't sniff .500. The Twins are .500. Fans will still come to see Abreu and the team will probably be better anyway during rebuilding than it is now.

No one will come watch this boring team. Good thing season tix sales were strong

What is so hard about going on the road and beating Minnesota a game or two? Robin definitely could be fired after tomorrow's loss and nobody would see it as an over-reaction. Just for comedy sake I'd love to see Coop get the rest of the season then we hire Gardy or Leyland this offseason to work with our totally revamped team.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 2, 2015 -> 10:32 PM)
Hahn inherited arguably the worst overall org wide talent pool in mlb thanks to kW. Give it time. He also inherited a brain dead manager. Time to hire his own.

I agree and I give him leeway, but its one thing to lose because your talent isnt up-to-par, its whole other thing to lose by playing the worst fundamental baseball I've seen on an MLB diamond.

Hahn went halfway in. He went out and traded young players for Shark, he signed Robby to a huge contract, but left absolute black holes throughout the roster. Not to mention, Avi Garcia doesn't look to be the player Hahn hoped to acquire.Thats on him. I'd have rather had Iglesias in the deal.