5/3 - Sox @ Twins

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mike F. @ May 3, 2015 -> 01:12 PM)
We better hope that the Twins score 10+ off of Danks so the Sox have no choice but to move him.

Opposite is true...no choice but to keep him.

Flavum was right. Didnt even need to pay attention, except to see what else could possibly go wrong.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 3, 2015 -> 03:14 PM)
Worst part is Sox brass think nothing is wrong at all.

I think they are concerned with the record and the attendance. They may just not have an action in mind to fix at the drop of a hat. Good front offices tend to react much more slowly than fans, because sometimes fans overreact.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 3, 2015 -> 03:15 PM)
I'm not laughing. I've never been so disappointed by a baseball team. There is no positive that will be taken from this year. This play is devastating for the entire franchise.

I'm used to this level of disappointment. 2013 was the exact same setup. Lots of money spent, $120 million payroll, seemingly full roster you'd hope could improve on previous year, get on the field and its a clown show from the start.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ May 3, 2015 -> 02:15 PM)
I don't believe that Ventura is to blame for this mess but there needs to be someone responsible. Unfortunately for him it's the manager. I hope they players realize their pathetic play is going to result in people losing jobs.

agree. I don't think Robin caused all poor play, but I don't particularly care about his career in managing and I don't feel he is going to get things under control.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 3, 2015 -> 02:16 PM)
I think they are concerned with the record and the attendance. They may just not have an action in mind to fix at the drop of a hat. Good front offices tend to react much more slowly than fans, because sometimes fans overreact.

I think the time has come.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 3, 2015 -> 03:17 PM)
Hahn is smarter than anyone on this board. He knows the Sox problems. He probably can't get rid of RV without JR's approval.

I still do not believe in the least they will remove him mid-season. They're not going to insult an organizational guy like that.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 3, 2015 -> 08:15 PM)
I'm not laughing. I've never been so disappointed by a baseball team. There is no positive that will be taken from this year. This play is devastating for the entire franchise.

Oh, this is heartbreaking, but with almost everyone playing so badly, I'm not losing sleep over how they should have been winning a lot more games.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 3, 2015 -> 02:16 PM)
I'm used to this level of disappointment. 2013 was the exact same setup. Lots of money spent, $120 million payroll, seemingly full roster you'd hope could improve on previous year, get on the field and its a clown show from the start.

that 2013 was not shocking to me at all. That was an old team. This was the start of the new era of players. And they are not good. And there is no top notch replacements coming.

One thing's for sure. If we want to do another round or two of this rotation with no personnel changes, let's go ahead and demote Danks to 5. No matter what you do, Danks sucks. Noesi hasn't pitched well, but it's hard me to blame him when he's had about 12 days rest in between each outing. Let's go ahead and give the washed up, injured guy the we-don't-give-a-s*** treatment. Makes no sense to jerk around a pitcher who struggles with command like that, especially when it's all for the benefit of a guy who by all appearances is a lost cause and at the least would benefit much more from time off.