5/3 - Sox @ Twins

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 3, 2015 -> 03:15 PM)
Yeah, you are right. The "guys being sick" excuse probably eliminates any of the anger toward the team/Robin from front office types. One thing is sure. They're not winning the division now, so they've already taken care of that drama the first week of May. Now it's wildcard or bust.

It's amazing-after 4 weeks, it's safe to say the Indians and White Sox are done.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is the veteran leadership on this team? I get it, RV is docile and not a typical leader/motivator. I want him gone. But there are vets in that clubhouse with reputations as leaders that should be picking up the slack until the FO does something about it. I thought that this leadership was one of the least mentioned benefits to the moves we made this winter....apparently I was waaayy off.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ May 3, 2015 -> 04:20 PM)
They aren't winning anything. This team doesn't have the talent to go on a run they will now need to put together. And that's not a huge knock on the Sox per say, I was personally excited for this team, but not because I thought they were going to be a powerhouse, but certainly a more exciting style of team and maybe sniff a playoff spot if things fell right. This was supposed to be a primer season for 2016 and 2017. That doesn't look to be the case so far, at all.

With that said, if this team continues to fall on their face, maybe they do make a manager switch and bring on a veteran, have a good 2nd half and 2016 looks promising. Who knows.

As I said before the season started...I don't think 2016 can possibly look promising. We spent a ton last offseason and needed to sell more tickets to make up for that. Otherwise, we were going to be working rookies in and clearing out the salary we wasted this season.

Maybe we can "2012" this thing with a new manager and spirit, or we could pull off an upgrade by trading Robertson, but roster looks to take a step back and a step older next year to me.

Do people just eat their tickets? Will there be a lot of no shows the rest of the year? When a team is this bad it must be hard for season ticket holders to dump tickets on anybody.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 3, 2015 -> 09:24 PM)
Do people just eat their tickets? Will there be a lot of no shows the rest of the year? When a team is this bad it must be hard for season ticket holders to dump tickets on anybody.

The lack of walk-ups will rival last season

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 3, 2015 -> 09:23 PM)
As I said before the season started...I don't think 2016 can possibly look promising. We spent a ton last offseason and needed to sell more tickets to make up for that. Otherwise, we were going to be working rookies in and clearing out the salary we wasted this season.

Maybe we can "2012" this thing with a new manager and spirit, or we could pull off an upgrade by trading Robertson, but roster looks to take a step back and a step older next year to me.

Assuming that the Tigers bring back Price or sign a top pitching FA, I just don't see the Sox being on the same planet in terms of competing for AL Central with them and the Royals the next two years. Both teams have so much better talent.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 3, 2015 -> 01:33 PM)
2 today right? That would make 22 on the year.

Christopher Kamka ‏@ckamka 4m4 minutes ago

The homer allowed by Putnam snapped a 54.0 inning streak without a home run allowed by #WhiteSox relievers.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 3, 2015 -> 09:44 PM)
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 5m5 minutes ago

White Sox starters ERAs: Jeff Samardzija 4.78, Jose Quintana 5.28, Chris Sale 5.32, John Danks 6.20, Hector Noesi 6.75.

Cooper's the best!

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 3, 2015 -> 03:12 PM)
Are you kidding? Dude just shelled out over $100 million to improve this s***box team and you think he doesn't care to win?

I don't know if Reinsdorf cares about winning or not. All I know is that he doesn't win. If the Sox do not make the postseason again this year, that will mark 30 of the 35 seasons during which Reinsdorf has owned the team that they haven't made it to the playoffs, and with it no semblance of a winning culture built whatsoever. The futility has been sickening.

For me, it's going to take far more than just replacing Ventura to turn this thing around. All we'd likely get as a replacement is another guy Reinsdorf either loves or is loyal to. That seems to be a higher priority than hiring the best baseball man for the job. No, what this organization and fan base so desperately needs is new ownership and a completely new and fresh vision from the top. Otherwise, it's just going to continue to be more of the same of what we've seen the past three and a half decades from the current ownership and management team - losing.

Edited by Thad Bosley