5/5 Tigers at White Sox

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 5, 2015 -> 07:14 PM)
That's just selfish or stupid or both to swing at the first pitch after he couldn't find the strike zone. And it wasn't even a f***ing strike!

Yeah, it worked...but the approach wasn't correct at all.

Wonder if anyone in the dugout will mention that? Hopefully Steverson will point out the logic of allowing an imploding pitcher to dig his own grave instead of helping him out.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 5, 2015 -> 08:27 PM)
Let's make a bet on Avi's average and BABIP relationship.

Right...

I don't care about his BABIP for the 10th time. I am not an advanced stats guy so I won't be making any bets involving them

And I am not saying Avi is going to continue to hit like this all year. I said he has been hitting the ball well lately and that is all I care about at the moment. Once his average starts to drop a lot then I will worry.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 5, 2015 -> 07:29 PM)
I don't care about his BABIP for the 10th time. I am not an advanced stats guy so I won't be making any bets involving them

And I am not saying Avi is going to continue to hit like this all year. I said he has been hitting the ball well lately and that is all I care about at the moment. Once his average starts to drop a lot then I will worry.

The whole point of this is that the statistic tells you it's due to drop. You're essentially saying "I don't understand why this high thing is about to become lower so I'll say it's good when it's high and bad when it's low".

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ May 5, 2015 -> 08:41 PM)
The whole point of this is that the statistic tells you it's due to drop. You're essentially saying "I don't understand why this high thing is about to become lower so I'll say it's good when it's high and bad when it's low".

No, it's called I don't care about the stat. I know Avi won't be hitting .340 and probably not even hit .290. But currently he has been our best hitter average wise the last 10 or so games. Trust me, I know his average is going to drop a lot, I would be happy if he ended up hitting over .270 for the year.

I don't need a stupid stat to tell me he won't hit .330+ for the year, that is just common sense by watching him hit