5/5 Tigers at White Sox

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2015 -> 06:45 PM)
Haha, terrible. Alexei had a terrible plan in that at bat

I'm surprised Marty hasn't shown up to say Alexei Ramirez has no trade value, lol.

Obviously he's going to rebound somewhat, but there's teams out there like SD and the Yankees/Mets that could really use a competent veteran SS.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2015 -> 08:45 PM)
Haha, terrible. Alexei had a terrible plan in that at bat

When doesn't he have a terrible plan? When is Soto going to be released?

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 5, 2015 -> 07:39 PM)
Not this again... He has the best average on the team and he hit the ball hard. I don't care what his BABIPBIPE is.

Yeah and this day last year the highest average on the team belonged to Tyler Flowers. And his hard hit % is 86th of 183 qualified hitters.

Edited by Feeky Magee

Abreu just booted another ball....luckily it didn't count, but that ball didn't hit Gose's foot, lol.

Talking about how unsustainable the BABIP rates for Gose (440ish) and A.Garcia are....with their high K and low BB rates.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ May 5, 2015 -> 07:48 PM)
Yeah and this day last year the highest average on the team belonged to Tyler Flowers. And his hard hit % is 86th of 183 qualified hitters.

Tyler Flowers and Garcia can't be compared. Avi is young and has the tools to be a good hitter. Once his average goes down and he isn't hitting the ball hard when he gets out then I will worry about it. He is playing well right now, let's be happy we have at least one guy hitting well

QUOTE (flavum @ May 5, 2015 -> 06:52 PM)
They can spin it any way they want, but they were not prepared for 162 when the season started.

I think if Balta repeats that often enough, the mantra will stick. It's like subliminal marketing messages that are reiterated over and over again.

How this can't be OBVIOUS to JR/KW/Hahn is beyond everyone...

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 5, 2015 -> 06:50 PM)
Tyler Flowers and Garcia can't be compared. Avi is young and has the tools to be a good hitter. Once his average goes down and he isn't hitting the ball hard when he gets out then I will worry about it. He is playing well right now, let's be happy we have at least one guy hitting well

They can be compared, in the sense that both had an inflated batting average on the 6th of May in consecutive years. And I just told you he's not particularly hitting the ball hard. And the point of BABIP is to worry before the average goes down.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 6, 2015 -> 12:52 AM)
They can spin it any way they want, but they were not prepared for 162 when the season started.

You knew it was bad when the great Jared Mitchell and Leury Garcia homered vs Danks

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2015 -> 06:52 PM)
Shark Cage is probably jumping tonight!!

Speaking of the deadliest predator in the ocean, Richard Dreyfuss from Jaws/Mr. Holland's Opus could manage this current team better, one would think.

If he's unavailable, JK Simmons from WHIPLASH.

Someone hopefully can wake everyone up from their slumber.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ May 5, 2015 -> 07:54 PM)
They can be compared, in the sense that both had an inflated batting average on the 6th of May in consecutive years. And I just told you he's not particularly hitting the ball hard. And the point of BABIP is to worry before the average goes down.

There is a difference though, we all knew Flowers was going to come back to earth because he has always been bad, Avi doesn't really have a track record at the MLB level while be healthy and he has a way better chance to hit over .280 then Flowers does

I told you, I don't care what is BABIP is. Until he stops hitting the ball and getting on base it doesn't really matter to me.