Give Beckham a Long Term Deal Today!

It's obvious by now that we got a steal on Gordo for 2015 with only a $2 million dollar salary (its scary to think where this team would be without him). However, if we don't extend him soon, he's going to be too pricey for us in 2016 and beyond. Give him a 6-8 year deal now worth $75-100 million and lets secure the face of the franchise for the foreseeable future.

Gordon's play has been welcome, previous performance aside. I was never that enamored with his 2b offense, but my God him playing 3b vs Gillaspie playing 3b is night and day. I will take the horrendous offense just to give some reliability at one position in the infield defense.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 10, 2015 -> 07:21 PM)
Gordon's play has been welcome, previous performance aside. I was never that enamored with his 2b offense, but my God him playing 3b vs Gillaspie playing 3b is night and day. I will take the horrendous offense just to give some reliability at one position in the infield defense.

Beckham and Alexei on the left side everyday would be awesome.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 10, 2015 -> 06:40 PM)
Is this suppose to be a joke? I don't get it.

The only joke is how Greg Walker almost ruined this guy's career. Now that he's overcome the bad habits instilled by our old hitting coach and is truly reaching his potential, I'd like to make sure he's in a White Sox uniform for the rest of his career.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ May 10, 2015 -> 07:55 PM)
6/75? Might as well spit in his face. OP is Beckham-hating scum.

Srsly. If you really want him, you can't insult him with your opening bid. Look what the Red Sox did to Lester -- and he;s worth maybe half what Beckham would command on the open market right now.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ May 11, 2015 -> 12:20 AM)
Srsly. If you really want him, you can't insult him with your opening bid. Look what the Red Sox did to Lester -- and he;s worth maybe half what Beckham would command on the open market right now.

:lol:

Nice!

Apologize for being off topic but how has Mr.Wite been? Seriously, I miss his insightful posts.

As for Beckham. Really? I like him in his current role but as a starter, come on.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ May 10, 2015 -> 07:15 PM)
The only joke is how Greg Walker almost ruined this guy's career. Now that he's overcome the bad habits instilled by our old hitting coach and is truly reaching his potential, I'd like to make sure he's in a White Sox uniform for the rest of his career.

Except for this....Scott "Scooter" Fletcher is Beckham's father-in-law, and was Greg Walker's assistant hitting coach with the Braves for two seasons.

It would make zero sense for Walk (a fellow Georgian, along with Harrelson) to do anything but help Gordon Beckham become the best hitter possible.

Edited by caulfield12

• 3 weeks later...

Any progress been made on this situation? I know that Ventura is limiting his playing time in order to try and drive his price down. However, we need Beckham playing every night and tonight's game shows why that is the case. Open the checkbook, lock him up, and lets start a quest to a World Series championship in 2015.

QUOTE (oldsox @ May 29, 2015 -> 10:46 PM)
Gordo at $2mm per is still one of the ten worst contracts in MLB.

Where does $3 mill* for Bonifacio rank then?

+ an option at the bargain price of $4 mill, with a $1 mill buyout

Edited by GreenSox